Help with F2P Squad Arena Ranking

DTM_
2 posts Member
Hi guys,

I'm a F2P player, I did play a few years back but sacked it off and have recently started again - I'm completely F2P - and all guides say that to be successful I need to be aiming for top #50 in my shard. However I'm currently floating around 650-750 at payout time.

How feasible is it for me to push up? I'm not exactly sure how shards work, as people say you get put in one with other players that "started around the same time as you".

Currently I'm level 58 - working on a Phoenix team for Squad arena, however the #1-50's in my shard are all like level 70+

#1 has a level 82 team comprised of:

7* Nihilus
7* Bastila (fallen)
7* Scion
7* Dooku
7* Bastila

So my question is - should I be happy with around #650 for now, and only try and push up when i hit 85 and have maxed all my phoenix? or is it viable for me to push up sooner? I do think I need to work on mods as it's something i tend to neglect but I hit around #650 and then instantly run into teams that just destroy me, preventing my ability to climb. Any advice would be appreciated.

https://swgoh.gg/p/728666485/

Replies

• Top 50 is probably stretching it. Especially for a Phoenix Team.

Keep working on them as they can Unlock both Thrawn & Palpatine for your Empire team.

With Vader, Tarkin, & TIE Pilot you have a solid Empire team that will out perform Phoenix in Arena eventually & also get you R2D2.

The guy at the top is probably a whale that bought those toons with $$$.

You should be able to push up with Phoenix to 500+ & maybe 200+, but you won't be able to maintain it with them for long.

Too many other teams are better DPS for the 5 minute arena matches.

Your about to open up Fleet so I would stop working Ezra/Hera for a short while & open up Kylo-U & his TIE Silencer quickly to take advantage of having an early edge in ship arena.

Phoenix will be replaced by Empire &/or Jedi (Bastila) by L80 or earlier.

When I hit 85, I had 4 teams all up & working for me in GalWar. Phoenix, Empire, Jedi, Scoundrels.

A Squad Shard (Leader Board) has a max of 20K people.

When one hits 20K another opens.

As you ding Level 28? 30? Whenever arena opened up. You are assigned to the current shard that is filling.

The 20K used to fill up faster but now I hear its taking 10 days or so, so depending on what # you where on the first day you opened Arena you can guess how long the shard has been open & how much of a lead the earliest entrants have on you.

A week of farm time can really add up quick in the lower levels.
  • I can say this one of the developers who left she stated she expects players to spend around 4-5k a year if they want to catch up in the arena which i found absolutely disgusting so yeah by catching up is by paying i stayed away from this game due to her disgusted greed comment glad she left.
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    ur so new in account wise...i'd consider starting over and following warriors pillar system....the boost that everyone has on u collecting daily payout will only get worse for u to try to catch up...u won't unless u spend $
  • I’m also f2p, and I’ve played for about a year and a half... Before JKR and DRevan, I was able to get top 200 with Bastilla Jedi team. Now I have JKR and regularly get 50-100 rewards in pvp... but to answer your question, Phoenix squad is an essential stepping stone, and they have decent starter ships, but as far as pvp goes, they will take you nowhere fast. So 650 is reasonable considering your 10+ levels lower than most people in that range. However, when you do get higher level, all you have to do is farm one solid pvp unit (DRevan, JKR, or padme) and mod them reasonably well to place in top 100 regularly. Unless you want to take Uno’s Advice and restart, there won’t be much you can do about it. I would suggest farming the characters required to acquire one of the 3 characters I mentioned as soon as your able to, because on of them is your ticket to the top 200. People in my pvp bracket are all 3m+ GP, and I am only 1.57M, but I easily stick with them with a well modded JKR... that was until a lot more of them just got Malak.... but Good luck to you, this game is a never ending grind that and you have to maximize all your resources daily as f2p, just to stay mildly close to the whales.
  • Thanks for the replies guys,

I don't really see the point in re-starting as I've been fully committed to farming Phoenix at my best f2p ability since i started this new account.

I should have 5/6* thrawn in the next few days so I am starting to put together an empire team for when Palpatine comes back again, I've also started farming Old Republic for Revans when they come back/when I'm in a position to get them.
  • DTM_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies guys,

I don't really see the point in re-starting as I've been fully committed to farming Phoenix at my best f2p ability since i started this new account.

I should have 5/6* thrawn in the next few days so I am starting to put together an empire team for when Palpatine comes back again, I've also started farming Old Republic for Revans when they come back/when I'm in a position to get them.

You’re in great shape then... darth recant is better imo if you have to choose, but both are needed for malak, Good luck
  • Dethjin
    75 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    One huge tip is to get into the best guild possible, check facebook/forums, get as many tickets as possible everyday and just get recruited. You can start getting han solo and GK shards ASAP. And also gear stuff, TW's, TB's etc. Huge opportunity lost unless get recruited at the earliest possible level.