Does anyone else find the clone rework REALLY disappointing

Prev1
To me it just seems very rushed. The abilities are unfitting of the characters, they don’t really mesh together and don’t represent the tight-knit clone team that works together.

First off the presentation is just really sloppy. Tactical awareness is a bad name for a self sacrificing ability, the name really should’ve been changed. Echo’s emp doesn’t even say how many turns it stuns droids for. Fives’ uniques both have the same ‘old text’, when one of them is a new unique. None of these things are issues for me it’s just that they just hint that this post and the rework was really rushed

Rex’s instakill is a cheap mechanic. It just seems like they didn’t have enough damage so decided to give them one massive ability. The team will just be waiting for Rex’s instakill rather than working together to defeat the enemy. Not fun to play with. Its also not true to form. A clone that can one shot anything in the game, Just seems random and lazy. Nihilus has a fitting ohko. He is a sith who destroyed planets. Rex was a hard working team player and leader not an offensive beast who could kill anything in one. Anyway I’m not against a huge damage ability but it’s just too much. Surely 10% max health would suffice.

Also his potency up to one random character for 1 turn also just seems random and not useful at all.

Fives unique isn’t fitting. Fives didn’t sacrifice himself for his friends he died knowing too much. Again seems rushed and tenuous to the Star Wars character. It’s also just not a very good ability, people will just kill fives first to avoid Rex and echo’s bonuses. He’s just a tank now which is fine but those bonuses will be mostly unused so the ability seems a bit pointless to me.

Echo to me seems to be a bit useless, yes he’s worth having for the 20% crit chance but his other abilities seem really situational and not generally useful - he can dispel buffs and deal damage if targets evade, provide a little tm with some basics, but I don’t know what he’s really giving you consistently to push the team along.

I really think they didn’t have enough time or ideas to make a cool team.

This is all with the BIG caveat that there is definitely other 501st stuff on the way like general anakin who will give the team more synergy and identity, but I’m just not feeling the love for this trio whose abilities are just a bit random and disconnected. Personally I’m really disappointed. Geos got one of the best reworks the game has ever seen, that can pretty much defeat any team, and they’re bugs.... clones are SO much cooler. I would have loved to have invested in them but now I think I’ll just save for Ep 9 which just isn’t as cool.

Replies

• Options
    Whoa - It's clear there is more coming. There will be more tweaks, more talents, and more clones. This should be clear. The final piece to the puzzle has not yet been fit.
  • Options
    And no I don't find it a let down. I think it is good and will only get better. Patience is a virtue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »

It’s also just not a very good ability, people will just kill fives first to avoid Rex and echo’s bonuses. He’s just a tank now which is fine but those bonuses will be mostly unused so the ability seems a bit pointless to me.

I think you're underestimating how usefull it will be.
    I don't think there's a single team out there of which i kill the tank first, or not atleast attempt to kill another character on the team first. I think that's noteworthy, but it could also mean i'm a noob ;p
    On top of that, 5s is going to be a major pain to kill. I'm still open for the possibility that it's actually easier to kill another teammember first and deal with the bonusses instead of killing 5s first.
    Anyway, i'm eager to find out how good the team will be so needless to say i'm (still) quite excited about the rework. Maybe it will suck though, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

It’s also just not a very good ability, people will just kill fives first to avoid Rex and echo’s bonuses. He’s just a tank now which is fine but those bonuses will be mostly unused so the ability seems a bit pointless to me.

I don't think there's a single team out there of which i kill the tank first, or not atleast attempt to kill another character on the team first. I think that's noteworthy, but it could also mean i'm a noob ;p
    On top of that, 5s is going to be a major pain to kill. I'm still open for the possibility that it's actually easier to kill another teammember first and deal with the bonusses instead of killing 5s first.
    Anyway, i'm eager to find out how good the team will be so needless to say i'm (still) quite excited about the rework. Maybe it will suck though, haha.

I don’t think so because killing other 501sts will just kill 5s anyway so you might as well kill 5s directlyand avoid the huge bonuses. You can kill non 501st clones tho.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I don’t think so because killing other 501sts will just kill 5s anyway so you might as well kill 5s directlyand avoid the huge bonuses. You can kill non 501st clones tho.

You need to chew through less health and protection, though. Also, Fives counters.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Theres always that one guy.
  • Options
    I’d be happier if they gave the zeta mats back for Cody if they are not going to be doing anything more with him since they are forcing him out of the leader spot if you read the interviews.
    Q: Who do you suggest we pair with the three 501st Clones?
    A: CG_Brandon: I’d choose Shaak Ti as lead if you are looking for a team with a massive amount of assists. Shaak Ti is fairly strong against AoE squads as she gains a ton of turn meter and frequently hands out retribution when her squad is damaged. Rex is still a solid choice as the 501st receive increased survivability, but at his core, he’s still Rex. For the last pick, Ahsoka has the 501st tag so she’s an obvious choice but Cody is still has solid synergies with the squad under Shaak Ti.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i missed the part about 501st only. Re-read the kit and it seems i also missed they get 5s max health and prot, thought it was only speed and offense. Just ignore my previous comment, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

1- to me it seems very rushed

2 The team will just be waiting for Rex’s instakill rather than working together to defeat the enemy. Not fun to play with. Its also not true to form. A clone that can one shot anything in the game

3 Fives unique isn’t fitting. Fives didn’t sacrifice himself for his friends he died knowing too much.

4 Echo to me seems to be a bit useless, yes he’s worth having for the 20% crit chance but his other abilities seem really situational and not generally useful

5 I really think they didn’t have enough time or ideas to make a cool team.
    they’re bugs.... clones are SO much cooler. I would have loved to have invested in them but now I think I’ll just save for Ep 9 which just isn’t as cool.

1 - they can’t help what it seems like to you, i mean it’s at least been in the works since we got shaak ti as a leader , she was a clear indication that the future of clones was as a combination team. Not pure clones.

2 - why do abilities have to reflect the nature of the tv show? Like every video game ever made in Star Wars , it cant be like it is in movies otherwise every lightsaber hit is a death or amputation.

3 how do you propose using that as an ability ?

4 his giving 20 percent turn meter to the weakest ally every move from the clones is pretty great sounding

5 coolness counts for nothing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    So wait....it hasn't even dropped yet, so we don't know how it will actually function - but someone is already REALLY disappointed??? lololol :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yea I think they got 5s mixed up with another clone about “sacrificing himself”. Has OP said, he died bc he knew too much. Bummer CG can’t get that right
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »

2 The team will just be waiting for Rex’s instakill rather than working together to defeat the enemy. Not fun to play with. Its also not true to form. A clone that can one shot anything in the game

3 Fives unique isn’t fitting. Fives didn’t sacrifice himself for his friends he died knowing too much.

4 Echo to me seems to be a bit useless, yes he’s worth having for the 20% crit chance but his other abilities seem really situational and not generally useful

they’re bugs.... clones are SO much cooler. I would have loved to have invested in them but now I think I’ll just save for Ep 9 which just isn’t as cool.

1 - they can’t help what it seems like to you, i mean it’s at least been in the works since we got shaak ti as a leader , she was a clear indication that the future of clones was as a combination team. Not pure clones.

2 - why do abilities have to reflect the nature of the tv show? Like every video game ever made in Star Wars , it cant be like it is in movies otherwise every lightsaber hit is a death or amputation.

4 his giving 20 percent turn meter to the weakest ally every move from the clones is pretty great sounding

1 I mean that doesn’t mean they thought through the reworks properly

2 I mean game characters are supposed to represent Star Wars characters in some way. Literally EVERY character is designed that way and 5s and Rex are attempted to too. It’s just a fail in that sense. But yeah Anakin gains boosts when allies are in trouble. Nighsisters revive. Nihilus annihilates. Nute Gunray extorts. Grievous feeds off his droids. Every name of an ability and ability represents the character in some way. I mean they’re only, you know, representations of characters... you know.. representing them. And these reworks are not a good representation.

3. I’m not saying it should be represented I’m just saying the attempted representation is wrong.

4 it’s only on basic and imo that’s not really that good

5 err why not? Do you prefer boring things?
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So wait....it hasn't even dropped yet, so we don't know how it will actually function - but someone is already REALLY disappointed??? lololol :D

Erm they just released the kits? You know......... telling us how they will function...........
  • Options
    I am hopeful for a Fallen Anakin with Hood to be the leader of the 501st clones
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am hopeful for a Fallen Anakin with Hood to be the leader of the 501st clones

I don’t think so because all the clones are LS. I think it will be general anakin hence why current anakin didn’t get the 501st tag.

The thing is I’m not displeased they’re bad as we don’t even know what general anakin’s leader or abilities are, I’m just annoyed they’re not fitting for clones and their abilities are just a bit stupid. I mean a Rex instakill of 1000% max health is ridiculous
  • Skywalker_Vader1
    336 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Dude, chill. It has not even come out yet and you find it disappointing? Come on. You sound like a entitled child that throws their hands up every time you do not get what you want.
    Post edited by Skywalker_Vader1 on
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    I remember when people got all mad about how terrible JTR's kit was and then she became meta. That was funny.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    @JDIII Are you suggesting we will get General Anakin? Id be Ok with that.

I like the reworks, they seem great to me. Gives the team a purpose and use.

And 5s zeta is just awesome and lore friendly and cool. Not gonna lie that "Same heart, Same Blood" would be a cooler name, but I'll take the current form.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    Options

2 I mean game characters are supposed to represent Star Wars characters in some way. Literally EVERY character is designed that way and 5s and Rex are attempted to too. It’s just a fail in that sense. But yeah Anakin gains boosts when allies are in trouble. Nighsisters revive. Nihilus annihilates. Nute Gunray extorts. Grievous feeds off his droids. Every name of an ability and ability represents the character in some way. I mean they’re only, you know, representations of characters... you know.. representing them. And these reworks are not a good representation.

3. I’m not saying it should be represented I’m just saying the attempted representation is wrong.

Erm they just released the kits? You know......... telling us how they will function...........

Yea ya but you haven’t seen them actually work. No one realized ( save for 1 guy) how crazy jolee was going to make that team before it was actually playable. Initial grevous release was way over hyped before it was playable. You’re making the same mistake. Give it a go. And echo assists constantly using basic. So in effect multiple players will be feeding the turn meter , not to mention his counters and the call assists.
  • Options
    have u seen what 5's stats are at g12 +5 . he is a beast and if u put 3x defense set on him, he will be very hard to kill.
  • Options

Yea ya but you haven’t seen them actually work. No one realized ( save for 1 guy) how crazy jolee was going to make that team before it was actually playable. Initial grevous release was way over hyped before it was playable. You’re making the same mistake. Give it a go. And echo assists constantly using basic. So in effect multiple players will be feeding the turn meter , not to mention his counters and the call assists.

I mean they will be a good team because general anakin will have a really powerful kit, especially leader, and Rex has a oneshot, but I just think these reworks are silly. You can’t say rex’s Instakill is not trash. Thematically and game design wise.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I remember when people got all mad about how terrible JTR's kit was and then she became meta. That was funny.

Rjt was never really meta. You could use her if you wanted, or you could just keep cls.

Then she was totally replaced by ep very quickly
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Vicarious wrote: »
    There are only three 501st affiliated clones. If they don’t release at least 2 more within a reasonable amount of time after the reworks... then absolutely very disappointing!

They will probably release a clone medic to use and some other 501st guy.

Then, a legendary event.

Then a mythic event using Padmé too.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »

Rjt was never really meta. You could use her if you wanted, or you could just keep cls.

The point was that ppl complained about her kit before she was even released. Afterward she turned out to be a powerhouse.

Even in the last few months she has been relevant to the meta as an early counter to jkr with droids/chewie.

Bottom line: you can't know for sure until you see it in the game.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

The point was that ppl complained about her kit before she was even released. Afterward she turned out to be a powerhouse.

Even in the last few months she has been relevant to the meta as an early counter to jkr with droids/chewie.

Any unit with an ability that feeds turnmeter to the team is going to be a powerhouse or a keystone character in that faction.

Examples include JTR, BB8, Zep, Rex, etc.

I mean this has sorta been known for awhile, so from now on it’s just safe to assume that any kit with a TM feed somewhere is going to be at least decent.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Any unit with an ability that feeds turnmeter to the team is going to be a powerhouse or a keystone character in that faction.

Examples include JTR, BB8, Zep, Rex, etc.

I mean this has sorta been known for awhile, so from now on it’s just safe to assume that any kit with a TM feed somewhere is going to be at least decent.

Yeah... did you read the quote to which I was replying?
  • Options
    I find it disappointing in the fact that they shouldn’t be this good because they are just clones and there’s like 20 way more power and way bigger roles characters that need reworks