Darth Maul destroying Jedi team solo in Galactic War

Mako482
84 posts Member
edited December 2015
Absolutely ludicrous. My level 52 toons (2 5 star rest 4 star) were maxed as high as they could go armor-wise. Using Bariss as leader which gave them tons of health as well. 2 of them were in purple gear even. First I block Darth Maul's ability, so he one shots my purple geared 4 star Ahsoka. Then on the next turn he uses his AOE and one shots everyone except Barriss on the team. Luminara, Sidious, and Consular. This is absolutely nuts, please fix it. Why bother with a Jedi team if one toon can single handedly destroy them?

Edit: I really hope this is not a ploy to get people to spend money. As long as there are fotm people will build to that and drop their current toons. This can only be done quickly with money. I understand it is a business, and I have spent money, but I cannot imagine doing it any longer if this is the way things will be done.

Replies

• Even with his double damage to Jedi he shouldn't be able to one shot you. He had to have been buffed which means you should have retreated.
  • In the most recent patch dark side were buffed because there was no counter to jedi at high end PVP. However the downside to Maul having good attack against jedi is his low health pool. I would suggest trying to focus him down first if possible.

Hope this helps.
  • meanpride
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Darth Maul is one of the slowest heroes in the game (which i think, is a weird stat comp for Darth maul). You could have easily focused him down with all your toons before her gets a turn up. And he will go down quickly since he also has one of the lowest health stats in the game.

• Yeah, slow characters are super annoying.
  • Always snipe maul first unless you want to be wiped. He is an instant win if you can manage to kill him
  • You clearly didn't take advantage of Maul's 2 fatal weaknesses
    1 terrible speed, usually he is the last to act on a team, so kill him before he make his move.

2 low health, you don't need a lot of firepower to kill him

To me, Maul is a seriously flawed character. When I see my opponents have Maul, I am usually very happy.

Hopefully that will help you
  • I love my maul.. if anything they should buff up his speed or hp(both would be nice, but I'm living in reality).. he's such a glass-cannon, as mentioned above, it's super risky, almost silly using him in pvp.
    I have my maul running point in my A-team for his leader bonus skill..
    Needing to clamor a "nerf" over a loss defeats a strategic game's purpose to build this player community.
    I lose a lot, but I regroup, rethink, and try again.

Let's be smart about things.
  • Also for future reference, every hero in this game has weaknesses
  • zeekdog wrote: »
    I love my maul.. if anything they should buff up his speed or hp(both would be nice, but I'm living in reality).. he's such a glass-cannon, as mentioned above, it's super risky, almost silly using him in pvp.
    I have my maul running point in my A-team for his leader bonus skill..
    Needing to clamor a "nerf" over a loss defeats a strategic game's purpose to build this player community.
    I lose a lot, but I regroup, rethink, and try again.

Let's be smart about things.

This is one of the unfortunate things about certain characters being impossible to farm. I would think a 7 star Bariss combined with a 7 star Maul would make burning him down quickly impossible.
  • I always focus down Maul first. Doesn't matter who else is on the team. Usually 2-3 hits and you move on. If you leave him alone, he will do what you mentioned.

Option 2 would be to remove all the Jedi from your team.

• This is one of the unfortunate things about certain characters being impossible to farm. I would think a 7 star Bariss combined with a 7 star Maul would make burning him down quickly impossible.
    [/quote]

I've seen other players use mauls at 7*.. but at that level most other characters are maxed out as well.. I think he can (maybe) withstand one round of focus fire, then he's gonna die after he fires a shot.

But its 1 round of pure power that tips that scale.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I always focus down Maul first. Doesn't matter who else is on the team. Usually 2-3 hits and you move on. If you leave him alone, he will do what you mentioned.

What about Darth Maul + Old Daka? Even if you kill him Daka brings him back most of the time and boooom! :neutral:
  • So the next days wen will see a lot of "Nerf him!" threads while EA will start to sell an overpriced Maul Pack before "rebalancing" him ...
  • Daka only brings back allies at 25% health with her passive and 1hp with her heal. So you would have to get lucky in your turns so that a healer can heal Maul after Daka.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • slmcmr wrote: »
    I always focus down Maul first. Doesn't matter who else is on the team. Usually 2-3 hits and you move on. If you leave him alone, he will do what you mentioned.

What about Darth Maul + Old Daka? Even if you kill him Daka brings him back most of the time and boooom! :neutral:

Old Daka MUST always go down first! Doesn't matter who else is on the team. Not only does she revive people through her heal, she can passively revive the moment someone dies in addition to the fact her basic attack can stun upto two of your team....

If you ever encountered Old Daka with Captain Phasma, then you will know to to take down Old Daka asap... Nothing more worrying than seeing four of your team all stunned whilst the enemy team goes to town on you whilst you can't do anything.. Fortunately it doesn't happen often but when it does, you just wanna scream if it happens against you! Amusing when it's the other way around though
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Now sith are op and all 8yo kids can play their dark side team in automatics play lel and anyway in this game you cant change a complete team so its stupid to nerf char like that, i droped only barris since i started the game and they rkt her lmao ggwp rito
  • tumblr_n3m6dahbtL1sjzbuao1_500.gif
    COME ON, HE IS DARTH MAUL, SITH ASSASSIN.

All in all though, he's the ultimate Anti-Jedi glass cannon but he has a slow speed and low health, so if you focus him down, he will fall before he even gets one attack. I've fought maul countless times and he's not a pain. You know what's a pain to fight? BARRISS+LUMI+CONSULAR+DAKA+anything else, especially if the AI gets revive and stun lucky (actually everything is painful when the AI gets lucky). Best is to just carry on and keep playing. It's a game, win some, lose some.
  • Opal1201 wrote: »
    Now sith are op and all 8yo kids can play their dark side team in automatics play lel and anyway in this game you cant change a complete team so its stupid to nerf char like that, i droped only barris since i started the game and they rkt her lmao ggwp rito

Ugh, reading that post hurt my brain.
  • meanpride wrote: »
    Darth Maul is one of the slowest heroes in the game (which i think, is a weird stat comp for Darth maul). You could have easily focused him down with all your toons before her gets a turn up. And he will go down quickly since he also has one of the lowest health stats in the game.

Makes sense to me, his slow a** got cut in half pretty easily by slowpoke Obi Wan
  • Darthmaal wrote: »
    meanpride wrote: »

Makes sense to me, his slow a** got cut in half pretty easily by slowpoke Obi Wan

But clearly this is pre-Obi-Wan Darth Maul.. and if it was post, he'd have spider legs and probably be even faster.. just saying.. he's a beast. I'd like to see him buffed if anything for his speed...
  • Don't waste time blocking a low health / low speed character's abilities when when you can quite easily kill.

If wrong tactics is applied, every fight can be lost.

That is why we all love playing against AI.
  • Darth is already slow and has low health.. His attack makes up for those flaws so you just need to grind more.
  • Oran0007
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I can't think of a time I've been rocked by maul. I've never gone after him early, and I definitely don't mind seeing him on the other side. Then again, my team only has two jedi typically. Lumi, Sid, Chewie, Boba, and the last is either Barris, Eeth Koth or Phasma. If something is destroying you like that, adjust, don't complain about op heroes.

Totally agree about daka. After she brought back 3 defeated enemies and I lost, I always hit her hard and fast, no matter who else is with her.
  • Depends if you can actually kill maul before he gets his AoE off. I can never kill maul quickly because by time I have him at low hp he just gets near fully healed by barriss or lumi, even my fast assasin characters like Qui-Gon cant take him out before he completely destroys a full jedi team on his own no matter what you do. Have had to completely ditch 50% of my A team and level up other characters very slowly to stand a chance, and even then evenw ithout the double damage to jedi nuke he will near enough kill other fast assasin/dps characters.

Just cant seem to get past him, its hard to tell though sicne it takes so long to grind away all the credits, training droids and gear to even try and see if another character will work any better xD. May be different once I have the A team with all lvl 6 skills (for those thats skill levels even go above 3)

Definately a pain, I would not mind it if he was not a chromium exclusive and the only serious jedi counter, don;t know how viable a full droid team is that have big bonuses to jedi, but in my experience Cad bane is terrible, a glass cannon without the cannon, good for one stun if it does not get resisted which it usually does.