How does this balance the game?

Prev1
Once again they have totally missed a golden opportunity, to revitalise the game.
This would have only balanced the game, if it was available at G12... All they have done is release G14 a few months after G13. So unless you are willing to spend around $3000 all the Whales now own all Squad Arena and Fleet Arena payouts... This could be the final nail in the SWGOH coffin 😭

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

Iconic items arent even released yet and you're already mad at it.

Just like that guy who complained about clone reworks before they were dropped.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Oh no! Another nail in the coffin? Should be a pretty sturdy coffin by now so the game will last forever. I for one am excited about the new iconic power. Bring the pain
  • G13 and iconic items should be tough and expensive. I'm happy they're revisiting bringing characters to that point easier. Would be really nice to have a more playable roster.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Arena will always be arena, filled with people willing to spend lots to remain on top. Now that malak is more generally available they needed to shake things up again. The alternative is the ridiculously long jkr or falcon meta that everyone loved/loves so much.
    This has been going on for years now, it's how they make money. Wasn't the final nail then, and it won't be now - though I'm sure it'll be the final one for some players, as these shake-ups always are.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Making the journey to G13 more accessible is less about making our rosters more playable (because the competition will also be “more playable”) and more about making the game more acccesible to new and new-ish players - and that’s a good thing for all of us.
    G13 and iconic items should be tough and expensive. I'm happy they're revisiting bringing characters to that point easier. Would be really nice to have a more playable roster.

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Wait. So you're telling me that people with money are at an advantage compared to people without money?

Welcome to the real world.
  • "pay up or shut up" - CG
  • Once again they have totally missed a golden opportunity, to revitalise the game.
    This would have only balanced the game, if it was available at G12... All they have done is release G14 a few months after G13. So unless you are willing to spend around $3000 all the Whales now own all Squad Arena and Fleet Arena payouts... This could be the final nail in the SWGOH coffin 😭

This coffin must looks a lot like Pinheads scalp
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Did they say game? They meant checkbook.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I dont think OP knows that every videogame in this world is a business.

And the only goal for a business is to make that bread.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    are u all talking about arena?

this is the only part of the game where whales are comparing their ****....erm.... wallets.
    for the rest of the game u can play and achieve everything complete ftp.
    if not, please lighten me up!

arena is the moneyarea. for everything else u need time and patience.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Larx wrote: »

this is the only part of the game where whales are comparing their ****....erm.... wallets.

This guy needs a medal. Straight to the point.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »

Haha what? I can finish top 20 arena but I'll be danged if I can 4/4 every geo TB.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The thing that will kill this game is lack of playable content. Right now they are confusing progression with content and that isn't a good thing. If and only if they make a real effort at easing the sub 13 gear crunch coupled with something to actually do, then this game has a future. I for one am prepared to drop this game if nothing is announced in regard to a new raid or game mode soon. Gearing for the sake of gearing is stupid and I seriously doubt there is a large enough portion of players who feel otherwise to support this game. Whales will whale. But the game feels boring and has for almost 6 months.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    The thing that will kill this game is lack of playable content. Right now they are confusing progression with content and that isn't a good thing. If and only if they make a real effort at easing the sub 13 gear crunch coupled with something to actually do, then this game has a future. I for one am prepared to drop this game if nothing is announced in regard to a new raid or game mode soon. Gearing for the sake of gearing is stupid and I seriously doubt there is a large enough portion of players who feel otherwise to support this game.

We just got geo tb recently with a LS coming soon. Also awaiting return of GAC (after an unfortunate cancellation, I'll give ya that).
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    None of that is new. Gac just replaced ga (with worse rewards too) and geo replaced hoth. They didn't add more content. Geo tb is stupid anyway. Nothing but a reskin with 1000% health and tenacity increase. Ga is cool, but come on... It is just TW.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    SemiGod wrote: »

Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them
    Do you really have to, though?
    Why not just enjoy the game at the tier you are at instead of always looking at how others, justifiably, are ahead.
  • Comparison is a theif of joy
  • Once again they have totally missed a golden opportunity, to revitalise the game.

for all we know relic unlock at the beginning of the game and only at gear 13 do they get their most powerful part.
    i do think that we will have access to the relic at early gear teirs just the main parts are locked until end game. because they mention this relic amplifier that we can unlock which will change our portrait from red/gold to the new lightsaber blue or lightsaber red.

granted i might be wrong but i have a small hope here
  • SemiGod wrote: »

Why not just enjoy the game at the tier you are at instead of always looking at how others, justifiably, are ahead.

Because I want the chance to compete for 1st in everything I do. Sorry but when you're in my place in arena, and you're so close to the top 10 but can't quite make it because it's locked down by p2w players, it's hard to see things differently. I've defeated all f2p in my shard, I barely drop under 50, so the only people I battle at this level are people with g13 Malaks and people who have had those for a long time now and it's not easy to have fun when you're stuck winning 2/5 because of one debuff that didn't stick and now their superior characters come into play. And yeah I got Malak finally but what good is he when he requires so many kyros and so many GET to get to 7 stars? Not to mention with Geo TB our GET income has plummeted.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Because I want the chance to compete for 1st in everything I do. Sorry but when you're in my place in arena, and you're so close to the top 10 but can't quite make it because it's locked down by p2w players, it's hard to see things differently. I've defeated all f2p in my shard, I barely drop under 50, so the only people I battle at this level are people with g13 Malaks and people who have had those for a long time now and it's not easy to have fun when you're stuck winning 2/5 because of one debuff that didn't stick and now their superior characters come into play. And yeah I got Malak finally but what good is he when he requires so many kyros and so many GET to get to 7 stars? Not to mention with Geo TB our GET income has plummeted.

You need to up your mod game, it's all that matters at the top spots. I'm in a similar position and G13 Malak doesn't help all that much when the enemy is faster. Or use G13 GG to climb, he should be able to take out Malaks.
  • Nauros wrote: »

You need to up your mod game, it's all that matters at the top spots. I'm in a similar position and G13 Malak doesn't help all that much when the enemy is faster. Or use G13 GG to climb, he should be able to take out Malaks.

Bro I'm trying man, I do nothing but farm a ton of speed mods, I have yet to receive one with +20 speed secondary. You think I want to have no good mods? It's frustrating but I am literally doing everything I can and it's not happening
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Bro I'm trying man, I do nothing but farm a ton of speed mods, I have yet to receive one with +20 speed secondary. You think I want to have no good mods? It's frustrating but I am literally doing everything I can and it's not happening

I know the struggle, as I said, I'm in a similar place. All I'm saying is that G13 Malak isn't the be all, end all, good mods are arguably more important. Of course, whales have an advantage in that too.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    It doesn't balance the game, if anything it's purpose is to imbalance the game more towards -long time commitment- and spending. The direction game took starting from the release of Chewie was always towards this direction, not sure why it surprises anyone at this point. We are deep into the era of accelaration. One should expect more of the same for anything we don't know yet and play accordingly...or not play at all.
  • This game really has become tedious. At this time I get excited for my guilds sith raid (2 or 3 a week) and DSTB - geo (2 a month).

Otherwise I do 5 arena battles and 3 or 4 fleet battles, my daily sims and that is about it.

The grind has become two much. Currently focusing on Padme. Need 50 of each kryotech and also in need of 50 mk5 stun gun salvage to complete the last two gear pieces for level 10. Of those 150 gear pieces I need to farm these with my daily energy and 3 energy refreshes. Alternatively I can buy them for 700 / 25 or 650 / 25. Shard shop currency can on occasion score me some mk5 stun gun salvage, so could GET currency if I wasn't in the process of taking Malak to 7 stars.

To get those final two pieces will take a week at best. Gear 10 to 12? My guess, three weeks.

For one character to then only be gear 12 when gear 13 and now a freaking epic piece still remain? Seriously, gear 12 is the equivalent of gear 8 from one year ago. Gear 12 toons get shredded in Geo DSTB.

In the past few months I have:

7 starred Brood Alpha and taken four of the bugs to gear 12 (sun fac was already there and honestly my bugs were gear 10 or 11 for fleet).

gotten DR, Badstilla and HK to gear 13.

Unlocked Malak put two zetas on him, geared him to gear 11 with two additional pieces and got him to 40/100 with no GET currency left.

Seems like a good accomplishment until you factor in my bugs have yet to achieve Wat shards, I get maybe 30th in arena meanwhile my GG squad and GR squad are no where near viable.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

How many mods do you farm and how many do you buy?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Geo tb is stupid anyway. Nothing but a reskin with 1000% health and tenacity increase.

LOL.

Not even close. The health increase is only about +100%, not one thousand, but they have such freaking high defense that your characters that normally do 20k do 2k instead. Don't you play this game? Don't you notice what damage your toons are doing against the different opponents?

I'll grant the tenacity increase, but reskin? Have you played the Acklay battle yet? That is WILD. Summoning is an entirely new mechanic. Truly new things are afoot in Geo TB, and I like them. Yes, it's so hard that i can't touch p4 yet as a F2P player, but I'll get there, and there is nothing about being hard that makes something "nothing but a reskin".

I mean, heck, the way that you can't predict the final battle in any particular hard node... that's nasty. You don't get to pick the best team for a particular enemy, you just have to beat the enemy with the team you've got. Compare that to Hoth where not only is the final encounter the same on each node, multiple nodes in the same phase share the same final encounter. This is a very different kind of challenge.

In any case, Geo TB is truly different. It's not just a reskin, and even if all they did was bump up hoth and give us new desert backdrops instead of ice backdrops, massively increased difficulty is still a new challenge to try to beat.

I don't get it. Dislike the game if you dislike the game, but it's not like there's nothing new. The challenge is pushing forward a little bit every day. You can do that or ... not.
  • Honestly, I hope they find new ways to keep people spending. For purely selfish reasons of course.

You see, I am a F2P player. I contribute nothing and pay for no game upkeep. Other F2P players like me should be food for whales. If it were the other way around, there would be no game at all.

• I just find it hilariously crazy that we don't even know how to obtain the relics and people are already complaining about a fictitious paywall they don't even know exists yet. For all we know, getting the relics might be based on time played in the game or from achievements. This post is silly and so are complaints. Wait for the relic system to drop then start complaining.