Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• kalidor wrote: »
    Hm, okay. Guess I'd better get cracking on more G13 heroes - GG is getting a bit lonely.

I'd love it if relics were upgraded by actually using the hero - in events, raids, TBs, TWs, GACs, GW, whatever - and gained XP, rather than strictly requiring gear. It'd be a nice twist to the game. Or by completing feats with that character, like the prestige quests. However, my fear is that they'll just require more of the same bottlenecked gear we've all come to love.

Standing by for more info...

That would be really awesome and would give an incentive for people to actually create more levels on the tables and expand on pve that isn’t totally guild based.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    This is just more gear progression.. you must be gear 13 in order to get the Relic system-PROGRESSION-. We want NEW playable Content NOT more gear... this game is near death
  • Oh, and level 90! (Friday’s news)
    I would totally welcome this much need level increase
  • What a lazy and unimaginative update. So basically more gear levels in a slightly different light. No new content. This will likely drive more people to leave. You are already seeing many top guilds merging because of people quitting. And their answer is more boring gear farming. Ridiculous.
  • It won't be so bad if relics can be moved between chatacters like mods. Or even between characters of a faction. Jedi relics. Sith relics etc
  • Nice!! More gear grinding for the same boring content! I wish we had other things to do to make us want to enjoy another paywall centric "content"..... This is honestly disappointing the UI change looks nice but that isnt encouraging people to spend more....

Tbh not even the UI change is good imo. I actually like the current one. The new one looks meh.
  • It won't be so bad if relics can be moved between chatacters like mods. Or even between characters of a faction. Jedi relics. Sith relics etc

Lol, that would be neat, but merely wishful thinking. This 100% won't happen, especially since they stated that they wanted those items to be unique for every character.
  • Will you take a soul as payment?
  • miketo
    139 posts Member
    Sure others have stated this better, but consider me one of the many who is NOT excited about this new gear 14. Err, relics rather.

7 stars and gear 12 is a grind. Gear 12 to 13 is worse and now another grind so soon.

Seriously, this further grind would be acceptable if you actually created new content that couldn't be exploited by cheaters first.

HSTR, gear 12, GA and reskinned TB, g13, something and then relics. You forgot the something. May I suggest a ship raid.
  • Last time it was said "gear is getting easier and more available", it wasn't really, or just so tiny that i don't feel improvement, lets see how this will work out then.
    Just hoping it comes not too soon, the idea sounds interesting, but for now it's already quite hard and time/crystal consuming working towards G13, without need to farm something else on top of that...
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Last time it was said "gear is getting easier and more available", it wasn't really, or just so tiny that i don't feel improvement, lets see how this will work out then.
    Just hoping it comes not too soon, the idea sounds interesting, but for now it's already quite hard and time/crystal consuming working towards G13, without need to farm something else on top of that...

Don't know what your experience is, but for me, the changes made to G12+ pieces helped tremendously. Cheaper fleet energy means that I can farm gear in addition to hard nodes and high-end gear in the shard store is just awesome. Although it might make me spend my hoard of GW and Arena tokens...
  • Bartek wrote: »
    This looks reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaallllyyy good! <3

Only remember what the wise man said in the Read Ahead:
    CG_TopHat wrote:
    what if these items not only granted you immense character power, including potentially brand-new abilities, but if they were also enhanced using the massive quantities of accumulated unspent gear and materials that longtime players have piled up over years of collecting and playing?

Can't wait!

Don't count on this.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Last time it was said "gear is getting easier and more available", it wasn't really, or just so tiny that i don't feel improvement, lets see how this will work out then.

Don't know what your experience is, but for me, the changes made to G12+ pieces helped tremendously. Cheaper fleet energy means that I can farm gear in addition to hard nodes and high-end gear in the shard store is just awesome. Although it might make me spend my hoard of GW and Arena tokens...

Remember the changes to g12 and g12+ availability are temporary.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Yes, but they are significant while they last.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

They may be temporary and may not be. CG didn't announce either way, just that they'll see how it the global traffic looks.
  • A few people on page 1 are saying gearing will be easier ---i cant find that in the op?
  • I am eager to see spirit's relic. And zombie's. And wampa's. Espesially wampa's. I vote for rotten half-eatten leg :)
  • DemonR wrote: »
    A few people on page 1 are saying gearing will be easier ---i cant find that in the op?

"We will also be kicking off a new round of changes intended to make it easier for players to reach higher gear tiers and access the Relics system. (More on how this is going to work in a future post!)"

That, I think
  • It would be cool if the relic would be the visible weapon that the character is carrying and using in the fights, which changes shape and look as you upgrade it, could be somewhat fresh.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Oh, and level 90! (Friday’s news)

I see you're a spender.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Oh, and level 90! (Friday’s news)

I see you're a spender.

I cannot say I do everything 4/4 on Geonosis. If lvl increase will help me do more waves and my guild take more stars I wont mind to have it even tomorrow...
  • Ok cool, another layer of progression..... CG hasn’t figured out how to recalibrate their matchmaking for toons at g12 and g13..... now they’re going to add another layer power creep which won’t be factored into the matchmaking for months before they address it creating even more lopsided GAC and tw matches. They haven’t even been able to run a semi smooth GAC yet. How bout fix what’s broke before releasing more content that’s bound to be broken as well? G13 toons are still only worth 220gp more than a g12 toon....... fix stuff before releasing more broken stuff
  • In just can’t see how this isn’t g14 in disguise. It’s locked behind g13 and has its own progression = g14 in glasses and a mustache.
  • So instead of using relic amplifiers to diversify character development and add more strategy/choices to resource allocation, they are using them purely as a linear extension to the current model. Check.
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    botabu wrote: »
    So much for that “sense of pride and accomplishment” for actually finishing a character. This is getting a bit ridiculous, and prohibitively expensive to continue. The pay wall that is kryo-tech is already so over-the-top ridiculous, that when you actually finish a character gear 13 you feel like you just ran a marathon. Now you are not done? Unreal. I think I would respect you better and actually feel better about it if you just said what it is, a way for you to increase revenue.

It's all free. I don't know why you feel like it's expensive... Unless you absolutely must be the first to get relics.
  • Tifer wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    So much for that “sense of pride and accomplishment” for actually finishing a character. This is getting a bit ridiculous, and prohibitively expensive to continue. The pay wall that is kryo-tech is already so over-the-top ridiculous, that when you actually finish a character gear 13 you feel like you just ran a marathon. Now you are not done? Unreal. I think I would respect you better and actually feel better about it if you just said what it is, a way for you to increase revenue.

It's all free. I don't know why you feel like it's expensive... Unless you absolutely must be the first to get relics.

Lol, it's not free just wait until you have to "recharge" these relics to keep using them. I played a game before where they were called Cores, you would craft the gear and have a limited number of uses, or limited time to use them before they burn out. This is likely going to be a very nasty way to cause constant investment into said relic. it wil be "free" to farm those pieces but you will get blocked another way.
  • praenik
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Cool
    SOOOOOO... Han gets ability to shot second 😄
  • No_Try wrote: »

They may be temporary and may not be. CG didn't announce either way, just that they'll see how it the global traffic looks.

It says in the announcement that the changes to fleet energy are temporary, right at the bottom
This discussion has been closed.