Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    What is Thrawn’s pet called? Isalamerri or something to make an anti-Force bubble. Why isn’t that his relic? Guess it would set an inappropriate level of expectation against Force wielders?

Edit: Ysalamir? Which will need relic energy, relic credits, relic gear to improve...
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yeah it’s Ysalamiri

Very cool creature tbh and was hoping it would be Thrawn’s relic
  • Kryptic
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I think it’s funny that these “iconic” items, supposedly unique to each character, aren’t even able to be used by the characters without significant investment in either time or money.

I agree with many with saying that CG missed a major opportunity to diversify the game create interesting match ups.

For example, if we don’t have Darth Vader G13, are you going to take his mask away? Or will you take away Hermit Yoda’s cane?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kryptic wrote: »
    I think it’s funny that these “iconic” items, supposedly unique to each character, aren’t even able to be used by the characters without significant investment in either time or money.

The definition of the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Worthless? I never have enough Mk. 6 syringes.

Sadly I have thousands of them.... so yes the gear is worthless

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Last time it was said "gear is getting easier and more available", it wasn't really, or just so tiny that i don't feel improvement, lets see how this will work out then.
    Just hoping it comes not too soon, the idea sounds interesting, but for now it's already quite hard and time/crystal consuming working towards G13, without need to farm something else on top of that...

Don't know what your experience is, but for me, the changes made to G12+ pieces helped tremendously. Cheaper fleet energy means that I can farm gear in addition to hard nodes and high-end gear in the shard store is just awesome. Although it might make me spend my hoard of GW and Arena tokens...

Remember the changes to g12 and g12+ availability are temporary.

They may be temporary and may not be. CG didn't announce either way, just that they'll see how it the global traffic looks.

It says in the announcement that the changes to fleet energy are temporary, right at the bottom

proqoyvo99zb.png

I don't interpret this sentence like you do. It's not akin to 3-5-8 hard node change where it's %100 a compromise for cg, it has different impacts on different things and I see the sentiment as they'll look into the various impacts and see if they wanna revert it.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

I agree with many with saying that CG missed a major opportunity to diversify the game create interesting match ups.

For example, if we don’t have Darth Vader G13, are you going to take his mask away? Or will you take away Hermit Yoda’s cane?

And Darth Vader, arguably the most powerful Sith to exist in Star Wars lore, still gets one-shot by an Ugnaught if he isn't geared up. It's called "game mechanics."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Worthless? I never have enough Mk. 6 syringes.

Sadly I have thousands of them.... so yes the gear is worthless

There's a reason for that.

https://swgoh.gg/p/677767716/characters/?f=Separatist

Also GR and Clones.

Gear them up. You'll run out.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Whazn wrote: »
    cly6huxnndyt.png
    @CG_SBCrumb so I know I just made a quick sloppy mobile phone edit but would it be possible to have relevant stats added to the screen? The other side could list offense #s and crit %s.

I'm down for that idea, but add a little toggle to turn off the stats for those that one the full view. This way both sides win.

It looks like its already set up this way, see the stats button above the level indicator. Above the 85.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

And Darth Vader, arguably the most powerful Sith to exist in Star Wars lore, still gets one-shot by an Ugnaught if he isn't geared up. It's called "game mechanics."

Actually Vader is not the most powerful sith in swg lore, not even close to some who are considered to be the most powerful.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »

There's a reason for that.

https://swgoh.gg/p/677767716/characters/?f=Separatist

Also GR and Clones.

Gear them up. You'll run out.

You might be right if I could get enough cuffs, guns, eyeballs and carbantis to make the piece a bottle neck in any way... as is I can't gear them up or use the syringe pieces due to the other bottle necks.

0rqgrmtvwamf.png

1vjjyxdo3yjk.png

I need exactly 0 syringes for current level.... because of the 45 stun guns preventing me from using them
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Asifab wrote: »
    Actually Vader is not the most powerful sith in swg lore, not even close to some who are considered to be the most powerful.

Thanks for beating me to it. I hate bein that guy, but yeah Vader most famous sith totes mcgoats. Most powerful .... ehhhhhhhh perhaps without any of his robo parts suppressing him, perhaps.

On topic. Boo cg. Its kinda fun watching from the sidelines here as a now retired player, but I can tell yall this g14 release wouldnt get me back. You guys are gonna need to stand outside a window with a guitar and sernade me with how youll be adding Dash Rendar or Prince Xisor.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Last time it was said "gear is getting easier and more available", it wasn't really, or just so tiny that i don't feel improvement, lets see how this will work out then.
    Just hoping it comes not too soon, the idea sounds interesting, but for now it's already quite hard and time/crystal consuming working towards G13, without need to farm something else on top of that...

Don't know what your experience is, but for me, the changes made to G12+ pieces helped tremendously. Cheaper fleet energy means that I can farm gear in addition to hard nodes and high-end gear in the shard store is just awesome. Although it might make me spend my hoard of GW and Arena tokens...

Remember the changes to g12 and g12+ availability are temporary.

They may be temporary and may not be. CG didn't announce either way, just that they'll see how it the global traffic looks.

It says in the announcement that the changes to fleet energy are temporary, right at the bottom

The last Temporary thing we had was Eight attempts at hard nodes for eight months (Seriously bring those back already) Their version of temporary is meaningless.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm Ready. j6dl89qt2qv2.jpg

MAD LAD
  • botabu wrote: »
    So much for that “sense of pride and accomplishment” for actually finishing a character. This is getting a bit ridiculous, and prohibitively expensive to continue. The pay wall that is kryo-tech is already so over-the-top ridiculous, that when you actually finish a character gear 13 you feel like you just ran a marathon. Now you are not done? Unreal. I think I would respect you better and actually feel better about it if you just said what it is, a way for you to increase revenue.

This is the song that never ends.....

Seriously, no more sense of accomplishment, you will always be grinding into infinity. This game is beginning to resemble the workings of a labor camp more than a game.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Oh, and level 90! (Friday’s news)
    I would totally welcome this much need level increase

I see you're a spender.

Nope the stats will just make more sense
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Oh, and level 90! (Friday’s news)
    I would totally welcome this much need level increase

I see you're a spender.

Nope the stats will just make more sense

Respectfully don't understand.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    enlguy wrote: »
    botabu wrote: »
    So much for that “sense of pride and accomplishment” for actually finishing a character. This is getting a bit ridiculous, and prohibitively expensive to continue. The pay wall that is kryo-tech is already so over-the-top ridiculous, that when you actually finish a character gear 13 you feel like you just ran a marathon. Now you are not done? Unreal. I think I would respect you better and actually feel better about it if you just said what it is, a way for you to increase revenue.

This is the song that never ends.....

Seriously, no more sense of accomplishment, you will always be grinding into infinity. This game is beginning to resemble the workings of a labor camp more than a game.

Great comparison.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Cool info dump on archetypes

Hope to hear more on how each of the archetype works such as Strength and Tactic tanks
  • Meh cash grab
  • let's make our characters more unique and defined by making them fit into 12 neat categories
    ummmm
    okay
  • And all Jolee Bindo follow been the same to all players.
    Just gear 14 with another name.
  • This is just another way to gear no new mechanic. I think special damage increase or physical damage increase won’t make us make make teams have one special damage dealer and one physical dd. This is just boring stat boost like red stars or new gear lvl which is personalized. It was such a gr8 field to make something cool. Meh
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    YUUUUUUCK
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    "We’re excited about the way Relic-powered characters play[...]"
    The same way they always did? lol
    "[...]and are looking forward to releasing this system to you soon.[...]"
    ¥€$ I can imagine that. €A is hungry.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    What about Wampa, he's going to be my first g13. Give my Wampa some lovin'.
This discussion has been closed.