Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Ethien wrote: »
    For the players that spent crystal or gear or zetas before the GAC lock is there any plans of compensation past the 150 crystal? Should we submit an individual ticket? I understand this is a game but it is one we are highly invested in time and/or money and understand mistakes happen but equal recompense should be part of the recovery process.

Eth

@Ethien why would you get compensation for gear or zetas? The GAC will still run, just a little later.

The crystal thing I understand a bit more, if you used them to rush something in time for lock. But you still get to use whatever the crystals purchased, and event schedules are always subject to change.

I'm about 5m credits short from the remod. And I had to switch mods for tw and this evening's hsr which makes the credits a complete waste.
    The game design and intention is to use static mod sets for every game mode

You have only yourself to blame for moving mods for every event. Honestly, if you mod your toons correctly you can reuse the same mod sets for GAC / TW

Squad Arena team should have best mods which also applies for GAC / TW

I can understand why some people remod for raids because top 10 can be competitive but the cost isn’t that high / it’s a trade off for that extra few numbers you are trying to get
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    For the players that spent crystal or gear or zetas before the GAC lock is there any plans of compensation past the 150 crystal? Should we submit an individual ticket? I understand this is a game but it is one we are highly invested in time and/or money and understand mistakes happen but equal recompense should be part of the recovery process.

Eth

@Ethien why would you get compensation for gear or zetas? The GAC will still run, just a little later.

The crystal thing I understand a bit more, if you used them to rush something in time for lock. But you still get to use whatever the crystals purchased, and event schedules are always subject to change.

I'm about 5m credits short from the remod. And I had to switch mods for tw and this evening's hsr which makes the credits a complete waste.
    The game design and intention is to use static mod sets for every game mode

You have only yourself to blame for moving mods for every event. Honestly, if you mod your toons correctly you can reuse the same mod sets for GAC / TW

I can understand why some people remod for raids because top 10 can be competitive but the cost isn’t that high / it’s a trade off for that extra few numbers you are trying to get

That's prolly ninjah whose main activity in the game is to move around mods and launching -remove mod move cost- topics xD
  • TVF wrote: »

Eth

Well yea but some spending on crystals is not required if the event was going to be pushed back. E.g. if you needed 3 more zeta mats and refreshed ship shop 3 times to finish it off, it would cost you 200 crystals. But if you knew GAC was gonna be cancelled, it would be completely free.
  • JMFT wrote: »
    seems your on a crusade here so I’ll give you some context, I only drop to the teens in arena overnight. To make the feats easier I put in a crap team to drop down low enough that I can get the 15 battles on my climb. It’s for convenience and I’m sure lots of others do the same. One day I will have the patience of a saint like yourself, until then I’ll spend the 2$ in crystals to get it done in one shot rather than 2 battles a day. Sorry to have inconvenienced you with my frustration.

No crusade here just responding to people like u claiming to have spend 3 refreshes to complete a week long feat in 1 day.

I'm actually trying to help you save Crystal's by pointing out the fact that buying refreshes on your part was an absolute waste of crystals and there was no need to complete the 15 fleet battles in 1 day. All u need to do is win 2 to 3 battles a day and you can complete it without spending any crystals. Dropping rank or not is irrelevant I was responding to your claim that this feat cost you 3 refreshes to accomplish by pointing out u had a week to do it and it was completely your call to do it all on day 1. That was a bad decision on your part if u can see it. If not well i tried....

To be fair, the first GAC the exact same thing happened and they refunded those who refreshed FA. Now they give us all the crystals. It's inconsistent treatment, but of course this is the correct way since they would have been able to do it in a week anyway. Those first round crystals should never have been refunded.

Eth

You spent 5m credits to remod for GAC? Farm more mods and you won't have to do this.

EDIT: I just calculated it out and you'd have to move every single mod on each toon, between 52 and 88 toons (depending on how many were 6e).

2.9m gp with 240 10+ speed mods and a 244 dr. I've never missed a day of 3 crystal refreshes since mod 2.0 dropped. So I'd say I do a decent job of farming.
    However, I'd never use the same mods across all game modes. I mod for ships in tw and not in ga. My arena mods are different because I balance my counters. I move mods for gtb and for hsr.
    Its okay that you're a casual player and not very competitive but don't try and speak for all of us when discussing how we decide to use mods.
  • Whoops, meant to quote @Ultra
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Eth

Well yea but some spending on crystals is not required if the event was going to be pushed back. E.g. if you needed 3 more zeta mats and refreshed ship shop 3 times to finish it off, it would cost you 200 crystals. But if you knew GAC was gonna be cancelled, it would be completely free.

Darth Revan got pushed back first time. If you spend crystals to rush something, there's always the risk of having it be wasted.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Eth

You spent 5m credits to remod for GAC? Farm more mods and you won't have to do this.

EDIT: I just calculated it out and you'd have to move every single mod on each toon, between 52 and 88 toons (depending on how many were 6e).

Its okay that you're a casual player and not very competitive but don't try and speak for all of us when discussing how we decide to use mods.

That's fair logic - "This person disagrees with me so they're obviously not a serious player like me"
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Honestly, if you mod your toons correctly you can reuse the same mod sets for GAC / TW

All of this. I'll allow Geo TB too.
  • Lio wrote: »

Eth

That's fair logic - "This person disagrees with me so they're obviously not a serious player like me"

Nah, we just use mods differently. He's the one saying i'm using them wrong and I simply disagree. No, I don't mod my pilots the same way for gac and tw and I certainly mod differently for pve compared to pvp. So, yes, I'd say I use them for more of a competitive advantage than he does.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Eth

Nah, we just use mods differently. He's the one saying i'm using them wrong and I simply disagree. No, I don't mod my pilots the same way for gac and tw and I certainly mod differently for pve compared to pvp. So, yes, I'd say I use them for more of a competitive advantage than he does.

You called Ultra a casual player because he has a different approach than you. That's why I made the comment questioning your logic.

Honest question for you - why do you mod differently for GAC and for TW? I've never heard of doing that. I have the same approach that Ultra suggested (as does, you know, everybody else). Any competitive advantage you might get is so trivial, if not nonexistent. It's not like adding speed mods to a pilot will make the ship faster, so I'm curious as to why you have this approach.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Eth

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the game actively discourages mod swapping and punishes you for it. So you can complain about 5 million credits down the drain, but the developers won't care because they want you to farm, slice, and buy mods for each toon rather than use the same set everywhere else.

As far as my opinion goes, you are right I am a super casual player that doesn't mod for each occasion (PvP vs PvE, TW vs GAC) and to each his own I guess
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Make us tactically even same speeds same rosters and then you can glean who the best players are.

That just shows who gets the luckiest with RNG.
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    Like pure unadulterated competition is what we want. I know it's taboo but you want to know who the best players really are? Make us tactically even same speeds same rosters and then you can glean who the best players are. But as long as feats and basic human interactions can taint scores might as well just rake in the rewards.
    That sounds incredibly boring.

And also, it fails. This is primarily a resource management game. You remove most elements of resource management in your scenario.
    Still not a he.
  • Lio wrote: »

Eth

You called Ultra a casual player because he has a different approach than you. That's why I made the comment questioning your logic.

Honest question for you - why do you mod differently for GAC and for TW? I've never heard of doing that. I have the same approach that Ultra suggested (as does, you know, everybody else). Any competitive advantage you might get is so trivial, if not nonexistent. It's not like adding speed mods to a pilot will make the ship faster, so I'm curious as to why you have this approach.
    6e mods for ships certainly makes a difference.
    Secondly, tw and gac are completely different strategies. Tw is using well modded, full 5 character teams so mods are more spread out. Gac is obviously about banner efficiency so I mod quite differently. As an example, I mod ob1 for tw but not ga so his mods are utilized elsewhere and he doesn't increase my gp rating.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

Eth

6e mods for ships certainly makes a difference.
    Secondly, tw and gac are completely different strategies. Tw is using well modded, full 5 character teams so mods are more spread out. Gac is obviously about banner efficiency so I mod quite differently. As an example, I mod ob1 for tw but not ga so his mods are utilized elsewhere and he doesn't increase my gp rating.

I’m not arguing against 6e mods making a difference for ships, just trying to understand why you might not just leave the 6e mods on the pilots. Especially considering how great you are at farming mods.

At any rate, in my opinion it seems silly to mod so differently for the two events.
  • I think the game has been pretty

quiet lately, so a lot of people will
    understandably be upset that GAC restart
    is the outcome, but it just gives us extra
    time to spend with our families.

Far from being a bad thing, it can
    ultimately be seen as a very positive
    catalyst and motivator towards that
    kind of change, where instead of
    everyone whining and complaining
    repeatedly each week we can just enjoy
    star wars.
    I would like to know who thought a leaderboard comprised of bad scoring mechanics and participation feats determined the best players?

I've been playing since February of 2016 and have never once looked at a leaderboard in this game. Who even cares?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    You said same speed, now you're saying better mods would win? So what, remove speed from mods?

Also you can't just remove collection and resources from a game where the company makes money by encouraging people to spend on those collections and resources.
  • Anyone know the thresholds of how many teams you set on defense? The old GA had 5 teams on Defense at 1.75m

Is this still the same?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    You said same speed, now you're saying better mods would win? So what, remove speed from mods?

Also you can't just remove collection and resources from a game where the company makes money by encouraging people to spend on those collections and resources.

Encourage people to spend by making content. This has been an 8 month debacle. Mod lock problems. Mismatch problems. Oh look cheating problems. Feats not calculating correctly. Yep I wake up daily to these circumstances and feel compelled to spend. And before you ask why play then. I play for the IP.

Anyway no leave speed out. You folks don't want equal matches determined by gameplay and tactics. You want mismatches that you can overlook and feel superior. I get it. But I would prefer competition.

I don't understand why you think it's an either-or scenario. You can have gears/mods AND have to be clever with gameplay and tactics. In fact, you can also use tactics to beat teams better modded and geared yours.
  • JMFT
    31 posts Member
    Not darth revan mirror matches, I mean I agree with you other than that. 1 speed difference across the board negates everything accept maybe tenacity on badstilla in those mirrors in my experience.

Eth

Darth Revan got pushed back first time. If you spend crystals to rush something, there's always the risk of having it be wasted.

Keyword is first time. We had a GAC that has had 2 trial beta runs with the whole community as beta testers, and GAs have been held for months. To be fair, there would be an expectation that things won’t randomly screw up like it did again.
  • I'm glad GAC was just delayed a 1-2 days from last Sundays start and not totally cancelled.
    Is it a lot to ask that someone proof reads the posts?

I've been commenting on the brutal copywriting for years. I don't expect they are suddenly going to hire someone with grammar and parlance beyond basic any time soon.
  • Dethjin
    75 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    Anyone know the thresholds of how many teams you set on defense? The old GA had 5 teams on Defense at 1.75m

Is this still the same?

Now that it should be division based ( I think ), then the div 6 (1.6M) gets to have 5 + 5 teams. What does others think?

EDIT: I'm at 1.599M GP. Should I move up or stay down, what are the reward differences vs possible 5 + 5 team , I literally don't have 10 teams to set not by a close margin.

When you think about it , my 50th char is like 6.5k gp, and I don't have the Revans. What kind of opponents I'd be facing after 1.6M. If they have 100k teams, they'd have nothing else pretty much. Or they'd have just a hoard of g8's.