How does this balance the game?

2Next

Replies

  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited August 23
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Making the journey to G13 more accessible is less about making our rosters more playable (because the competition will also be “more playable”) and more about making the game more acccesible to new and new-ish players - and that’s a good thing for all of us.
    G13 and iconic items should be tough and expensive. I'm happy they're revisiting bringing characters to that point easier. Would be really nice to have a more playable roster.

    If you think this makes it more accessible to new players you are foolish.

    You are using gear that you dont need. As a new whale with thousands and thousands (and thousands) spent in this game I dont have that gear lying around as it is on people.

    So who benefits? Long time players first and long term whales even more so.

    9 months in and going to be in Div 3 shortly but massively undergeared compared to same GP but with 2 years longer playing (for example). If they think I will spend anything other than credits on this they are mistaken. This takes me from kraken to dolphin at best and probably f2p.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Oh no! Another nail in the coffin? Should be a pretty sturdy coffin by now so the game will last forever. I for one am excited about the new iconic power. Bring the pain

    More nails than wood at this point
  • Kokie
    1222 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

    Iconic items arent even released yet and you're already mad at it.

    Just like that guy who complained about clone reworks before they were dropped.

    Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them
    Do you really have to, though?
    Why not just enjoy the game at the tier you are at instead of always looking at how others, justifiably, are ahead.

    Because I want the chance to compete for 1st in everything I do. Sorry but when you're in my place in arena, and you're so close to the top 10 but can't quite make it because it's locked down by p2w players, it's hard to see things differently. I've defeated all f2p in my shard, I barely drop under 50, so the only people I battle at this level are people with g13 Malaks and people who have had those for a long time now and it's not easy to have fun when you're stuck winning 2/5 because of one debuff that didn't stick and now their superior characters come into play. And yeah I got Malak finally but what good is he when he requires so many kyros and so many GET to get to 7 stars? Not to mention with Geo TB our GET income has plummeted.

    And how many months did you have to acquire the GET and kyros for Malak? Sounds to me that if your trying to compete as FTP you're not managing your resources correctly.
  • Kyno
    22129 posts Moderator
    None of that is new. Gac just replaced ga (with worse rewards too) and geo replaced hoth. They didn't add more content. Geo tb is stupid anyway. Nothing but a reskin with 1000% health and tenacity increase. Ga is cool, but come on... It is just TW.

    Nothing is new since the first raid then.

    Everything is a battle of 5 toons (or 3, but that's gone), against our opponent, which is always an NPC. So if you dont consider anything new, even if it is, then you are going to be disappointed.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    None of that is new. Gac just replaced ga (with worse rewards too) and geo replaced hoth. They didn't add more content. Geo tb is stupid anyway. Nothing but a reskin with 1000% health and tenacity increase. Ga is cool, but come on... It is just TW.

    Nothing is new since the first raid then.

    Everything is a battle of 5 toons (or 3, but that's gone), against our opponent, which is always an NPC. So if you dont consider anything new, even if it is, then you are going to be disappointed.

    I'm still hanging on for when they introduce Spock.
  • Kyno
    22129 posts Moderator
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    None of that is new. Gac just replaced ga (with worse rewards too) and geo replaced hoth. They didn't add more content. Geo tb is stupid anyway. Nothing but a reskin with 1000% health and tenacity increase. Ga is cool, but come on... It is just TW.

    Nothing is new since the first raid then.

    Everything is a battle of 5 toons (or 3, but that's gone), against our opponent, which is always an NPC. So if you dont consider anything new, even if it is, then you are going to be disappointed.

    I'm still hanging on for when they introduce Spock.

    Make it so.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

    Iconic items arent even released yet and you're already mad at it.

    Just like that guy who complained about clone reworks before they were dropped.

    Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them
    Do you really have to, though?
    Why not just enjoy the game at the tier you are at instead of always looking at how others, justifiably, are ahead.

    Because I want the chance to compete for 1st in everything I do. Sorry but when you're in my place in arena, and you're so close to the top 10 but can't quite make it because it's locked down by p2w players, it's hard to see things differently. I've defeated all f2p in my shard, I barely drop under 50, so the only people I battle at this level are people with g13 Malaks and people who have had those for a long time now and it's not easy to have fun when you're stuck winning 2/5 because of one debuff that didn't stick and now their superior characters come into play. And yeah I got Malak finally but what good is he when he requires so many kyros and so many GET to get to 7 stars? Not to mention with Geo TB our GET income has plummeted.

    You need to up your mod game, it's all that matters at the top spots. I'm in a similar position and G13 Malak doesn't help all that much when the enemy is faster. Or use G13 GG to climb, he should be able to take out Malaks.

    Bro I'm trying man, I do nothing but farm a ton of speed mods, I have yet to receive one with +20 speed secondary. You think I want to have no good mods? It's frustrating but I am literally doing everything I can and it's not happening

    Try darth revan, badstilla, hk, gmy, and brood alpha.

    Mine are all g13 except brood who is g11.

    I can beat faster darth revans with g13 malaks with that team.

    If you happen to be faster than an opposing darth revan, I prefer thrawn as the 5th since it gives you more control. But if you're slower brood provides a good pretaunt. You do need your gmy fast to get the tenacity up up quickly though.
  • Exletion wrote: »
    I just find it hilariously crazy that we don't even know how to obtain the relics and people are already complaining about a fictitious paywall they don't even know exists yet. For all we know, getting the relics might be based on time played in the game or from achievements. This post is silly and so are complaints. Wait for the relic system to drop then start complaining.

    Exactly. It could also be crafted from all the low gear we have thousands of. It may just be a way to encourage you to get g13 so you get the relic very easily onve you do.

    The paywall may already be there. We don't know of any impossible to farm pieces that will be needed so complaining is premature.
  • Will there be a paywall of some sort? For sure - and there should be. What would be the benefit if everyone in the game instantly had maxed out relics for everyone?
    Will the relic system favor spenders? Will it favour long time players with piles of reserves? Will it favour players who are doing well in the arena? Will it favour players and guilds who do well in the next raid. Probably - but why shouldn’t it?


    Exletion wrote: »
    I just find it hilariously crazy that we don't even know how to obtain the relics and people are already complaining about a fictitious paywall they don't even know exists yet. For all we know, getting the relics might be based on time played in the game or from achievements. This post is silly and so are complaints. Wait for the relic system to drop then start complaining.

  • Yes, the Geo TB is the same concept but it has some interesting battles and mechanics and most guilds are engaged at achieving more stars.

    I think what some people are actually asking for is a new game mode- like when we got ships.
    I read a lot of back and forth tho “not new just reskinned” and “it is new, we didn’t have it before - LS version isn’t even out yet” but I think we all know what people are really trying to say :)
    Can I just say you are both right? I really like Geo TB and I really really like GAC. The game needs a new raid - but they needed something to award in that raid. And the game has to run more smoothly and securely...

    Kyno wrote: »
    None of that is new. Gac just replaced ga (with worse rewards too) and geo replaced hoth. They didn't add more content. Geo tb is stupid anyway. Nothing but a reskin with 1000% health and tenacity increase. Ga is cool, but come on... It is just TW.

    Nothing is new since the first raid then.

    Everything is a battle of 5 toons (or 3, but that's gone), against our opponent, which is always an NPC. So if you dont consider anything new, even if it is, then you are going to be disappointed.

  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

    Iconic items arent even released yet and you're already mad at it.

    Just like that guy who complained about clone reworks before they were dropped.

    Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them
    Do you really have to, though?
    Why not just enjoy the game at the tier you are at instead of always looking at how others, justifiably, are ahead.

    Because I want the chance to compete for 1st in everything I do. Sorry but when you're in my place in arena, and you're so close to the top 10 but can't quite make it because it's locked down by p2w players, it's hard to see things differently. I've defeated all f2p in my shard, I barely drop under 50, so the only people I battle at this level are people with g13 Malaks and people who have had those for a long time now and it's not easy to have fun when you're stuck winning 2/5 because of one debuff that didn't stick and now their superior characters come into play. And yeah I got Malak finally but what good is he when he requires so many kyros and so many GET to get to 7 stars? Not to mention with Geo TB our GET income has plummeted.

    You need to up your mod game, it's all that matters at the top spots. I'm in a similar position and G13 Malak doesn't help all that much when the enemy is faster. Or use G13 GG to climb, he should be able to take out Malaks.

    Bro I'm trying man, I do nothing but farm a ton of speed mods, I have yet to receive one with +20 speed secondary. You think I want to have no good mods? It's frustrating but I am literally doing everything I can and it's not happening

    Try darth revan, badstilla, hk, gmy, and brood alpha.

    Mine are all g13 except brood who is g11.

    I can beat faster darth revans with g13 malaks with that team.

    If you happen to be faster than an opposing darth revan, I prefer thrawn as the 5th since it gives you more control.

    As someone with the fastest DR on my shard (humble brag) I prefer a SE as the 5th since it gives you extra CD and they just blow everyone up.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Exletion wrote: »
    I just find it hilariously crazy that we don't even know how to obtain the relics and people are already complaining about a fictitious paywall they don't even know exists yet. For all we know, getting the relics might be based on time played in the game or from achievements. This post is silly and so are complaints. Wait for the relic system to drop then start complaining.

    Really? We all know exactly how they will be acquired. $$$

    That is fine, but doing it right after g13 is just awful.
  • Exletion wrote: »
    I just find it hilariously crazy that we don't even know how to obtain the relics and people are already complaining about a fictitious paywall they don't even know exists yet. For all we know, getting the relics might be based on time played in the game or from achievements. This post is silly and so are complaints. Wait for the relic system to drop then start complaining.

    Fictitious paywall? Hilarious you don't even acknowledge G13 as THE paywall I'm talking about... I had a conversation last night, with a player who joked he could either pay for his flight, or take 1 squad to G13 😳
    That's how ridiculous it is.
    If it was $50 to gear 13 a character say, that would be $250 to do 1 squad. That is expensive, but if you were willing and didn't want to wait, then fair enough... But when someone says their $900 flight, is cheaper than taking his squad to G13! C'mon 🤷‍♂️
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Exletion wrote: »
    I just find it hilariously crazy that we don't even know how to obtain the relics and people are already complaining about a fictitious paywall they don't even know exists yet. For all we know, getting the relics might be based on time played in the game or from achievements. This post is silly and so are complaints. Wait for the relic system to drop then start complaining.

    Fictitious paywall? Hilarious you don't even acknowledge G13 as THE paywall I'm talking about... I had a conversation last night, with a player who joked he could either pay for his flight, or take 1 squad to G13 😳
    That's how ridiculous it is.
    If it was $50 to gear 13 a character say, that would be $250 to do 1 squad. That is expensive, but if you were willing and didn't want to wait, then fair enough... But when someone says their $900 flight, is cheaper than taking his squad to G13! C'mon 🤷‍♂️

    What ticks people the wrong way is the wrongful employment of this term. Paywall means it's something you can't get over without paying, i.e. how Rex was before they changed the system and before we had a cadence, there was simply no way you can build towards acquiring a 7* version of him without paying. Currently I have 6 g13s as f2p. Thus no paywall.

    Doesn't mean the game isn't increasingly p2w or we are in a good situation or it will get better (clue:it will get worse).
  • DarkHelmet1138
    2181 posts Member
    edited August 23
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

    Iconic items arent even released yet and you're already mad at it.

    Just like that guy who complained about clone reworks before they were dropped.

    Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them
    Do you really have to, though?
    Why not just enjoy the game at the tier you are at instead of always looking at how others, justifiably, are ahead.

    Because I want the chance to compete for 1st in everything I do. Sorry but when you're in my place in arena, and you're so close to the top 10 but can't quite make it because it's locked down by p2w players, it's hard to see things differently. I've defeated all f2p in my shard, I barely drop under 50, so the only people I battle at this level are people with g13 Malaks and people who have had those for a long time now and it's not easy to have fun when you're stuck winning 2/5 because of one debuff that didn't stick and now their superior characters come into play. And yeah I got Malak finally but what good is he when he requires so many kyros and so many GET to get to 7 stars? Not to mention with Geo TB our GET income has plummeted.

    You need to up your mod game, it's all that matters at the top spots. I'm in a similar position and G13 Malak doesn't help all that much when the enemy is faster. Or use G13 GG to climb, he should be able to take out Malaks.

    Bro I'm trying man, I do nothing but farm a ton of speed mods, I have yet to receive one with +20 speed secondary. You think I want to have no good mods? It's frustrating but I am literally doing everything I can and it's not happening

    Try darth revan, badstilla, hk, gmy, and brood alpha.

    Mine are all g13 except brood who is g11.

    I can beat faster darth revans with g13 malaks with that team.

    If you happen to be faster than an opposing darth revan, I prefer thrawn as the 5th since it gives you more control.

    As someone with the fastest DR on my shard (humble brag) I prefer a SE as the 5th since it gives you extra CD and they just blow everyone up.

    He specifically said he didn't have the mods to be fastest. And without a maxed malak, I have had better luck with gmy in the team to get tenacity up and then resist everyone.

    I have malak now but he's at g9 still because I can get 1st without him and I'm saving all crystals towards the next meta rather than using them to g11 malak quickly.
  • SemiGod
    1925 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

    Iconic items arent even released yet and you're already mad at it.

    Just like that guy who complained about clone reworks before they were dropped.

    Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them

    Just like middle class and upper class.

    Money buys you everything in life.

    Welcome to the real world.
  • TVF
    17944 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Wow. I didn't know you were supposed to be able to having everything in a resource management game.

    Iconic items arent even released yet and you're already mad at it.

    Just like that guy who complained about clone reworks before they were dropped.

    Except when whales don't have to manage resources and just buy it all outright and then you have to compete with them
    Do you really have to, though?
    Why not just enjoy the game at the tier you are at instead of always looking at how others, justifiably, are ahead.

    Because I want the chance to compete for 1st in everything I do. Sorry but when you're in my place in arena, and you're so close to the top 10 but can't quite make it because it's locked down by p2w players, it's hard to see things differently. I've defeated all f2p in my shard, I barely drop under 50, so the only people I battle at this level are people with g13 Malaks and people who have had those for a long time now and it's not easy to have fun when you're stuck winning 2/5 because of one debuff that didn't stick and now their superior characters come into play. And yeah I got Malak finally but what good is he when he requires so many kyros and so many GET to get to 7 stars? Not to mention with Geo TB our GET income has plummeted.

    You need to up your mod game, it's all that matters at the top spots. I'm in a similar position and G13 Malak doesn't help all that much when the enemy is faster. Or use G13 GG to climb, he should be able to take out Malaks.

    Bro I'm trying man, I do nothing but farm a ton of speed mods, I have yet to receive one with +20 speed secondary. You think I want to have no good mods? It's frustrating but I am literally doing everything I can and it's not happening

    Try darth revan, badstilla, hk, gmy, and brood alpha.

    Mine are all g13 except brood who is g11.

    I can beat faster darth revans with g13 malaks with that team.

    If you happen to be faster than an opposing darth revan, I prefer thrawn as the 5th since it gives you more control.

    As someone with the fastest DR on my shard (humble brag) I prefer a SE as the 5th since it gives you extra CD and they just blow everyone up.

    He specifically said he didn't have the mods to be fastest. And without a maxed malak, I have had better luck with gmy in the team to get tenacity up and then resist everyone.

    I have malak now but he's at g9 still because I can get 1st without him and I'm saving all crystals towards the next meta rather than using them to g11 malak quickly.

    He specifically said "If you happen to be faster than an opposing darth revan, I prefer thrawn as the 5th since it gives you more control."

    I even quoted it.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Exletion wrote: »
    I just find it hilariously crazy that we don't even know how to obtain the relics and people are already complaining about a fictitious paywall they don't even know exists yet. For all we know, getting the relics might be based on time played in the game or from achievements. This post is silly and so are complaints. Wait for the relic system to drop then start complaining.

    G13 isnt enough paywall to you?Just read the dev post.Like the kyrotechs that would diversify the gear crunch that only made it worse,i dont believe still ppl need to WAIT AND SEE.

  • Gifafi
    2135 posts Member
    Once again they have totally missed a golden opportunity, to revitalise the game.
    This would have only balanced the game, if it was available at G12... All they have done is release G14 a few months after G13. So unless you are willing to spend around $3000 all the Whales now own all Squad Arena and Fleet Arena payouts... This could be the final nail in the SWGOH coffin 😭

    I'm trying to understand why this would be better at g12 than at finished g12 (uh, 13?).

    ps lol @ 3k to rank high in arena
  • I'm trying to understand why this would be better at g12 than at finished g12 (uh, 13?).

    Because lots of FtP players have lots of g12 toons - not only a full arena squad, but multiple full squads. While few FtP players have a single full g13 squad. So if the relics are available the moment we hit G13 but not before, that means that the bonus for taking a toon to g13 gets larger than before, and there's already a large gap right now between FtP numbers of g13 toons and PtW numbers of g13 toons.

    Now, I think that's premature, since we don't really know how relics will work, how they'll be acquired, how useful they'll be, etc. But it's not hard to see that if you simply make the g13 bonus larger, then the gap between those who can field multiple g13 squads and those who can field only g12 squads (often with large numbers of toons with few/no g12 pieces) becomes more severe. This has huge knock-on effects in things like GAC, and pushing all your FtP resources into g13 for a single squad can keep you afloat in Arena, but there's no realistic chance of maintaining parity with guild mates in fighting for top rewards in HSTR where multiple squads are needed or in GAC where a couple strong g13+relic teams on defense will auto-win a GAC matchup against someone with only one g13+relic squad.

    Again, I disagree with the criticism - but not because it's somehow not thinking things through. No, I disagree because although it's a reasonable way to think about the problem if it exists, the problem doesn't yet exist. We don't know enough and so right now it's all hypothetical. So when they say,
    All they have done is release G14 a few months after G13

    They're wrong ... because they haven't actually released it. But the underlying thinking isn't entirely bad. It just needs to be reframed to be something like,
    Hey, EA/CG: I'm worried about making relics impossible to get until g13, but then easy to get once you get to g13 - and it seems like we have good reason to fear it might be easy since the relic system won't directly compete for the same resources needed to gear up other toons. In that case, you're massively increasing the bonus for bringing a toon to g13 knowing that right now there's a huge difference between the number of g13 toons someone can field as a FtP player and the number being fielded by PtW players.

    I really hope you don't do that.

    Reframed this way, as simply a worry about he future (rather than pessimistically claiming that the bad way of doing things is a fait accompli), the concern is entirely reasonable.
  • The problem is simple:

    The people who invest more cash get more rewards and better rewards, in turn helping them stay on top. The rest stay low, get low rewards maintaining a place middle to the bottom.

    Give the rich more and keep them rich in reward.
  • midt4tov73r0.png

    42 GS13. Entire roster open, everyone but Wat is GS12.

    Shard is only 4 years old.
  • SemiGod
    1925 posts Member
    midt4tov73r0.png

    42 GS13. Entire roster open, everyone but Wat is GS12.

    Shard is only 4 years old.

    Oh yeah,

    Well half my roster is locked so HA
  • I just get upset all new content is only for whales. New geo TB impossible to those of us who spent thousands at the beginning.

    I haven't really spent since they nerfed all my purchased content some time ago. At that point, I realized they are willing to steal money to make money.

    So I used to offer suggestions, but with every new impossible content, or things like increasing already of of game toons like upping the phoenix characters to Godlike Thors in Artist of War Mythic, it is a huge reminder it is EA with Disney oversight.

    Opposite huge companies like Amazon, they are more in line with Marlboro. Screw the customer, take the money, laugh all the way to the bank. I actually tbelieve they have a "f" the customer department that just sits and comes up with ideas that browbeat their own customers.

    But hey, their programmers are really good. However, management direction seems to be to push people out and make room for the new whales. Their ability to match levels, control of crits and tenacity RNG is either pathetic or just over their heads. The Galactic Arena was a bone for the current whales. Notice how big, epic and important they made it look...

    Oh well, back to my 10 drops for a single shard. I smile with understanding as to what is being done. They are a shining example of why the rest of the world hates their home country. Greed and self only mentality. Other companies have proven it doesnt have to be that way... but not EA... and certainly not Disney.
  • midt4tov73r0.png

    42 GS13. Entire roster open, everyone but Wat is GS12.

    Shard is only 4 years old.

    And a time machine too! I can't wait until I'm only in my 4th year.
  • Geo tb is stupid anyway. Nothing but a reskin with 1000% health and tenacity increase.

    LOL.

    Not even close. The health increase is only about +100%, not one thousand, but they have such freaking high defense that your characters that normally do 20k do 2k instead. Don't you play this game? Don't you notice what damage your toons are doing against the different opponents?

    I'll grant the tenacity increase, but reskin? Have you played the Acklay battle yet? That is WILD. Summoning is an entirely new mechanic. Truly new things are afoot in Geo TB, and I like them. Yes, it's so hard that i can't touch p4 yet as a F2P player, but I'll get there, and there is nothing about being hard that makes something "nothing but a reskin".

    I mean, heck, the way that you can't predict the final battle in any particular hard node... that's nasty. You don't get to pick the best team for a particular enemy, you just have to beat the enemy with the team you've got. Compare that to Hoth where not only is the final encounter the same on each node, multiple nodes in the same phase share the same final encounter. This is a very different kind of challenge.

    In any case, Geo TB is truly different. It's not just a reskin, and even if all they did was bump up hoth and give us new desert backdrops instead of ice backdrops, massively increased difficulty is still a new challenge to try to beat.

    I don't get it. Dislike the game if you dislike the game, but it's not like there's nothing new. The challenge is pushing forward a little bit every day. You can do that or ... not.


    The problem with the game is that you push forward a little bit every day, which is cool, and I dig it... but then I can't do anything with these steadily improving pieces. It's frustrating, because I want to play this game more every day than just doing my farms, dailies, arenas... and then hope its a day with GAC, TW, TB or a raid going on.
Sign In or Register to comment.