I know what 3PO's role will be in the new movie!

I deciphered what's up with the red eyes. Luke put some programming in 3PO years ago, because he knew how everything would play out to this moment. 3PO red eyes is scene is the program kicking in, probably some recording of Luke telling them what to do next. 3PO is literally a holocron. It may have the information about Rey's heritage and backstory, as well as her real name. Seriously "Rey" is the dumbest name they could have thought of, so clearly she will have a new name when her real identity is revealed.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Or palpatine took control of him.
  • SemiGod wrote: »

That's pointless and maybe impossible. The force works through the midiclorians which are not found in droids, why would Palpatine take over someone he can't use force abilities with?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

That's pointless and maybe impossible. The force works through the midiclorians which are not found in droids, why would Palpatine take over someone he can't use force abilities with?

Wouldn't you?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Wouldn't you?

But it's not possible, he can't affect his midiclorians cause he doesn't have any, he doesn't even have a brain, it wouldn't be Palpatine, it would be a program. Whereas if he took over an organic body it would actually be him
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Wouldn't you?

But it's not possible, he can't affect his midiclorians cause he doesn't have any, he doesn't even have a brain, it wouldn't be Palpatine, it would be a program. Whereas if he took over an organic body it would actually be him

They can move inanimate objects... why not a droid? Also, btw, it's a movie so...like they can do what they want lol
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Wouldn't you?

They can move inanimate objects... why not a droid? Also, btw, it's a movie so...like they can do what they want lol

They can move matter, but can't actually take over the mind of something that has no mind. Taking over 3PO would be the same thing as taking over a smartphone or a TV, it would make no sense
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019

Depends what JJ Abrams wrote.

Anything is possible if they mess it up enough :P
  • Kryptic
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Who says Palpatine needs to “take over” C-3PO with his own consciousness. He could change the programming, which you mentioned. The purpose would probably be to help palpatine’s interest through harming the resistance.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

Wouldn't you?

They can move matter, but can't actually take over the mind of something that has no mind. Taking over 3PO would be the same thing as taking over a smartphone or a TV, it would make no sense

Well idk if i agree it's impossible, but the programming theory does make more sense. Maybe they uploaded GG to 3p0s body lol
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Yeah
  • Yuuzhan vong spy, they use android to avoid detection of force users. this as the basis for the next star wars movies, the entire Galaxy (light side and dark side) against Yuuzhan vong.
    just kidding, I'm not an expert about Yuuzhan vong. just know little about them.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited August 2019
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    We know they are visiting Death Star wreckage so here is my completely wrong but oh-I-wish-it-would-happen theory:

They visit the Death Star II wreckage, which we know was taken over by IG88 just before it was destroyed. During visit, 3p0 plugs in to open some door, gets taken over by IG88, and goes on a red-eyed muderous rampage.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    *Palpatine kills everyone.*
    Palp: Where’s Luke?
    C3PO: *Gets red eyes* He’s dead. And you’ve been dead for 30 years! wHOaoAOAooA!!!!

Final scene: Palpatine jolts up in bed, he’s like 10 years old. Next day, Plagueis is like, be my apprentice, and Palpatine is like nah man I’d rather not. Everything is solved, Star Wars never happened. The end.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I feel like I walked into the twilight zone......
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    C3PO: *Gets red eyes* He’s dead. And you’ve been dead for 30 years! wHOaoAOAooA!!!!

Final scene: Palpatine jolts up in bed, he’s like 10 years old. Next day, Plagueis is like, be my apprentice, and Palpatine is like nah man I’d rather not. Everything is solved, Star Wars never happened. The end.

Or, Mr. Palpatine tells Mrs. Palpatine no, then walks away forever and nothing would have even existed anyways.
  • Nihion wrote: »

I like how he says "nah man!"
  • .... pretty sure it’s just a reflection of the red light in the following frame
  • Turns out 3PO is HK47 rebuilt ... and then he destroys the galaxy searching for his master, Revan, who's trilogy will then go into production with Keanu as the main character.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    1hac7h11ud3d.jpeg
    C3PO gets a fighting program installed and gets Chewies bow caster and saves him and others repaying the kindness Chewie had for him in Episode 5.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • How much ya wanna bet that’s it’s not threepio, and that it’s Triple Zero?
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    ToxicFish wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

I like how he says "nah man!"

That’s how the cool kids talk these days. Cool kids like me B)
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    2 for 1 sale at the magnaguard surplus shop!

Could just be a reflection of something really bright and red offscreen - like a planetary laser or a sith lightsaber.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m