Why am in division 2 at 3.7 mil gp...

Prev1
Jbvsdz3i6u3i3.png
uszfhc2d6kcbg7.png
Little curious as to why I’m seemingly stuck in division 2?? I do not meet the requirements to be in div 2 however I am... anyone else having an issue like this? And no I don’t really want to be in division 2.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    It could have factored in ship GP.

Or maybe it rounded it up since you were so close.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I hope it’s not rounding up lol, Not too much is different from the last GA especially with my ships so I’m genuinly confused at this

Well you are only 5,000 GP off of division 2.
  • Comatose
    62 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Maybe you were over 3.8 at the start could happen with mods. You prolly took a bunch of mods off one toon it can drop you by a bunch of gp. [Removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Looks like div 3 ends at 3.79M GP... your above that amount right?
  • Yeah it stinks being at the bottom end of your division. Winning will be tough and rewards not so great, all we can pray for is even matches. I am in division 2 also and at the low end of GP for the division. I am not going to complain about it, someone is always going to be on low end and it's my turn like yourself. Just my two cents.
  • Are Divisions locked now or do they lock later today with the start of the first round?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    you probably removed some mods
    rfg4sijokokb.png
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Bizanteen wrote: »
    Yeah it stinks being at the bottom end of your division. Winning will be tough and rewards not so great, all we can pray for is even matches. I am in division 2 also and at the low end of GP for the division. I am not going to complain about it, someone is always going to be on low end and it's my turn like yourself. Just my two cents.

Given that he's got 9
    g13 toons I reckon he'll do just fine in division 2.

• Austin9370 wrote: »
    Your highest gp ever. Trying to manipulate your division. Isn't going to work by removing mods. It's not an "issue" that you're being prevented from gaming the system aka being a borderline cheater.

This is the real truth...

t1pa0mthbfw3.jpg

Busted!
  • D_ToX wrote: »
    Can you get relegated to lower division? I’m trying my hardest to go down 🤫

Don't think so. I thought I saw a dev post a while back that divisions would be determined by your highest GP achieved, not your current GP, so that players couldn't manipulate their division down to have an advantage.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Comatose wrote: »
    Maybe you were over 3.8 at the start could happen with mods. You prolly took a bunch of mods off one toon it can drop you by a bunch of gp. [Removed - Cm]
    You think I’m trolling? I think you need to learn what trolling actually is

Did somebody ring?
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    It could have factored in ship GP.

Divisions are set by total GP, which includes ships.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yeah it stinks being at the bottom end of your division. Winning will be tough and rewards not so great, all we can pray for is even matches. I am in division 2 also and at the low end of GP for the division. I am not going to complain about it, someone is always going to be on low end and it's my turn like yourself. Just my two cents.

It stinks if you don't have a well-developed roster, but if you do it's an advantage. I crossed from Div 3 to Div 2 last GAC and the two extra squads were a benefit to me because most people didn't have enough depth to handle it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    When you remove mods to manipulte division, then come to post to ask why your shenanigans didnt work, but dont tell people you were actually up to shenanigans, the you should automatically be promoted 2 divisions.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    With your depth you'll be right in div 2 anyway
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    I’m still laughing at this thread..
    Your highest gp ever. Trying to manipulate your division. Isn't going to work by removing mods. It's not an "issue" that you're being prevented from gaming the system aka being a borderline cheater.

t1pa0mthbfw3.jpg

iqodlghfykvm.png
    p9qjwnrvjx1j.png
    6iaehn5fk4v0.png
    Sorry to be a naysayer but this isn’t completely valid. My highest gp was right above 3.1mil so I should be in d3. His gp was probably right above when he hit join. I dropped mine to be right under 3.1mil beforehand so I’m in d4. Tho he did probably try to remove mods after hand
  • FartBoss
    85 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    OP you blew it by not going down before you hit “join” I made sure to tank down a division(not remove mods) before the start.... and now I get division 7 with a pretty dope line-up, instead of facing all the new players that just got Malak.... I’m sure i’ll Still face some, but not as many..

t1pa0mthbfw3.jpg

Nice work detective
  • Bizanteen wrote: »

You're still matched by relative GP. So you're just going to go up against other people who are on the low end of your division.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • It's always been the case that focused rosters have an advantage in GA. It was a massive advantage in the old matchmaking, and still a modest advantage now. If you have a focused roster, I think you're much better at the bottom of a division than the top.

If you're at the top, your opponents will match your top 80 gp (or top 60 or whatever), but none will have higher total gp. That means all your opponents will also have focused rosters.

If you're at the bottom, you have access to all the potential opponents who have wide rosters full of high gear junk.
  • Because Cheese
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    NicWester wrote: »

You're still matched by relative GP. So you're just going to go up against other people who are on the low end of your division.

Not really true. It's the relative GP of the top x characters. So he could still be matched with someone at the top of the division.
    That extra 50k+ gp is from loading mods on crew members that I don’t use for extra gp for TB. Nice try though, good detectiving, still doesn’t explain why I got stuck in this division when my gp was under the required amount.

Whatever order things happened in, you must have been above 3.79M GP when at the start time for GAC. That's why you're in D2 instead of D3.
  • Yeah, I'm 3.74 mil and still in Div 3. Next time around I'm sure I will be at the bottom of Div 2.