Sniping ranges should be adjusted

The number of ranks you can jump in one battle has a weird discontinuity at #10. If you are rank 10, you can only fight 9, 8 or 7. But if you are 11, you can snipe anyone from 10 to 2. This causes a lot of bouncing around and makes it very hard to hold a position.
It would make more sense to have the ranges more gradually decrease in size. Being #11 instead of #10 shouldn't provide a huge tactical advantage.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Thanks for the tip :), if I get into the 15 or so spot I will start going for the 11 position instead of the number ten.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    On the plus side, if you have limited time or energy this makes it much safer to sit in the ranks 8-10 as these positions take 3 attacks to reach #1.

Anyone with the power to reach #1 pushed outside the top 10 will target 11 first for a faster run at the top.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the tip :), if I get into the 15 or so spot I will start going for the 11 position instead of the number ten.
    There are 6 ways to get to #1 from #15 in the fastest possible of 4 attacks, but you will have more options if you go through 11. Eg:

15-6-3-1
    15-6-4-1

15-7-4-1

15-11-2-1
    15-11-3-1
    15-11-4-1

This also makes it dangerous to try and camp on #11 as it is a hot spot for #1 snipes. 12, and 13 are also good places to run for 1st as they can all snipe in 2 attacks.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    IMHO it would be better for ranking to be based on win/loss each day throughout the week with the numbers resetting each week. I feel it would be better if you climb the ladder one step at a time rather than being able to jump 10 spots.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Or for that matter a person who loses a battle to drop 10 spots suddenly.
  • I would much prefer to see a system where we are rewarded points at the end of a battle for how effective you were in the battle. Perhaps at higher rankings there is a higher point modifier that makes it most rewarding to be fighting top ranked players. This way rankings are decided by the most powerful and most consistent teams rather than a mixture of luck and cloak and dagger timing!

Id also like to see rankings separated into tiers where you fight to go up a tier by the end of the week/day or if you are too weak then you are relegated down a tier.
  • So some of you want a win/lose or points system and resets daily/weekly like what's in most games.

One thing you need to think about with that system is can you honestly tell me as a f2p player you have any shot at at top 10? Chances are you will not make top 50 as a f2p player.

Why am I saying this? If you spend the crystals now to refresh 5 more fights, you still can get higher. This first system I've seen like this and I was able to move up to the top with just 10 fights a day ( true I started day 1 in global launch ). It took a couple days to do it, but I was able to.

And for people saying yes but now people are starting late have no chance, I disagree. Not only have I seen new people in the top 10, but last 2 days I've had new people trying for #1 slot that has never been in top 10. I also have a friend I got hooked on this game , and he is raising pretty fast in his bracket after just a couple days. ( ranked 138 today ).

However I do agree some type of change needs to happen to PvP, I'm just not sure what I would like to see
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Big changes to PvP would be welcome of course, but require major development time. Fixing the problem I laid out would be trivial. You should only be able to move up 3 or 4 spots at a time in the top 20, and a maximum of say 5 in the top 50. I have no idea why it is implemented the way it is now, but I am rapidly losing interest in PvP as everyone has roughly equal-power teams and all that matters is who snipes the most by bypassing the cooldown timer.
  • I think once in the top 20 the timers need to go back to 3min.. if you have the power to stay in the top 20 day in and day out you can beat 99% of all teams in under 3 min.. I do it every day most dps teams I face I knock them out in under 2
  • For me, this is part of why I am not very concerned about being in the Top 20.....

The points offered aren't worth the trouble trying to hold position. Your earnings per day are not that better from say placing #101-200 versus placing say #11-20, which only nets you an additional 75 Arena tokens but could cost you 50-150 crystals to defend....
  • being able to rise and fall fast i think its good. it keeps things changing. and means you can rise to the top 1 like i did with only 5 rounds. i didnt stay there long but thats the point. everyone gets a chance.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    It shouldn't take 1 round to get to #2 from #11 and 3 rounds to get there from #10.
  • I play a Mobile CCG game called Elemental Kingdoms, where the arena is set up similar to this, only difference is, in top 50 ranks can only go up at max 5 a hit, but there is no change from ranks 20-1 it's still at max 5 spots but that is only because, you can only aim.for 5 people at a time, so on here if it where to do the same thing it would be at max 3 spots a hit in top 50, which would make it a he'll of alot easier to defend
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    SpendsAlot wrote: »
    I play a Mobile CCG game called Elemental Kingdoms

You play on Chaos? Me = [DE] Otar