What bye?

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve seen reports of scoring issues with the Championship Leaderboard. After a quick investigation, we determined these are valid scores and are due to players who received a bye in their round. Players who receive a bye are immediately granted the full possible score for completing that round (based on division) plus the 1000 points for winning.

We have seen some cases where the points for winning can come a bit later if a player logged out immediately but we are monitoring for any issues with the Grand Arena Championship Leaderboard.

Please let us know if you see anything else suspicious. Thank you!

-Crumb

What bye are you talking about @cg_crumb? What is going on there. Did Carrie take all the grand arena smarts with her when she left?

Replies

• Shockers wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve seen reports of scoring issues with the Championship Leaderboard. After a quick investigation, we determined these are valid scores and are due to players who received a bye in their round. Players who receive a bye are immediately granted the full possible score for completing that round (based on division) plus the 1000 points for winning.

We have seen some cases where the points for winning can come a bit later if a player logged out immediately but we are monitoring for any issues with the Grand Arena Championship Leaderboard.

-Crumb

What bye are you talking about @cg_crumb? What is going on there. Did Carrie take all the grand arena smarts with her when she left?

Please elaborate. My post got closed with this explanation apparently being sufficient. What bye? Why would people be given a bye? So all the GAC feats can't be accomplished with the bye? Or is that player just given all the feats?
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    A bye is an automatic win due to not having an opponent because the numbers don't add up. In other words the number of players that signed up wasn't a multiple of 2 so there had to be several people that got an automatic win.
  • Your kidding me. That seems impossible with as many players in this game maybe one or two but not more than that.
  • And why is there no clarification from CG on this just a bland post
    Your kidding me. That seems impossible with as many players in this game maybe one or two but not more than that.

They are no longer doing cross division matchups in this GAC which means each division could very easily have someone with a bye.
  • Three guys in my guild got people with byes. That seems crazy
    Three guys in my guild got people with byes. That seems crazy

That's too many. There's 10 divisions. At most each division had 7 leftovers. 3 of the 70 and you are in a guild with them. That's some seriously crazy odds....
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    Shockers wrote: »

That's too many. There's 10 divisions. At most each division had 7 leftovers. 3 of the 70 and you are in a guild with them. That's some seriously crazy odds....

It is also possible they aren't doing byes just for numbers but also if there just isn't anyone close enough to a person in roster after everyone else has been matched up. It all depends on exactly how they are doing the matchmaking.
  • Then what aren’t they explaining it. Vague answers as always.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Jack1210 wrote: »

Actually either he or his guild mates are lying. I just looked through the leaderboards and there are only 5 people that received byes in the entire game this round. None of them are in the same guild.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »

It is also possible they aren't doing byes just for numbers but also if there just isn't anyone close enough to a person in roster after everyone else has been matched up. It all depends on exactly how they are doing the matchmaking.

Ya I don't mean to get all hot and bothered lol, but the lack of transparency is ridiculous. And if someone's roster is too bad to evenly match them? C'mon that's ridiculous as well. I know you're just trying to figure it out too so don't think I'm calling you out, just curious/annoyed.
  • If you are going to give byes everyone should get one at one point. Otherwise it’s a joke. The points and championship mean nothing.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Are people really that upset about byes or just upset because they didn't get a bye?

It's a game of RNG. Better luck next time.
    If you are going to give byes everyone should get one at one point. Otherwise it’s a joke. The points and championship mean nothing.

Byes are a normal part of tournaments and you can't give everyone a bye for the very reason that byes exist.
  • Im sure people are more upset about not being able to start on their feats because of the bye, than having one.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Are people really that upset about byes or just upset because they didn't get a bye?

I'm annoyed they just do things then attempt to rationalize later. That and the lack of transparency is unreal. I was in division 6 facing division 5 last time. That's better than randomly giving out byes. I'm happy I did not receive a bye, I would like to use the characters I've worked to collect.
    If you are going to give byes everyone should get one at one point. Otherwise it’s a joke. The points and championship mean nothing.

Byes are a normal part of tournaments and you can't give everyone a bye for the very reason that byes exist.

Yes, byes are often common in tourneys. Yes, byes are in the rules CG have posted for GAC.

Now, how many tournaments have you been involved with that give byes to the obviously terrible teams? I’ve been in a LOT of tournaments in my life. Not a single one has rewarded bad teams over good teams with byes. Until this tourney.
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

-Crumb

Byes have always been part of GA:

m83yiv4skr0u.jpg

From the launch of GA: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »

I'm annoyed they just do things then attempt to rationalize later. That and the lack of transparency is unreal. I was in division 6 facing division 5 last time. That's better than randomly giving out byes. I'm happy I did not receive a bye, I would like to use the characters I've worked to collect.

Everyone complained about being matched against other divisions and so they said they were changing it to only match within division. The natural consequence of this is more byes. They were perfectly transparent.

Look at the nfl schedule everyone gets one bye. You do good and you get a bye first week of playoffs. If it’s a reward for being good that’s one thing but if it’s just random then everyone should get random
  • Grow up, CG. Youre better than this. Ill still take those free points, tho.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

-Crumb

Byes have always been part of GA:

m83yiv4skr0u.jpg

From the launch of GA: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018

Asked and answered.

This discussion has been closed.