Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Instead of releasing new things nobody is really asking for and are just intended to fill CGs pocket CG should concentrate to get rid off the bugs this game has.

• Who the hell asked for this?
    Stay thirsty my friends.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Finally. All the "we need more stuff to collect and level up" posts will stop.

Glad they listen.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Finally. All the "we need more stuff to collect and level up" posts will stop.

Glad they listen.

Never gonna stop posting until there is gear for my gear so that I can gear up my gear.
  • They say it's incentive to get to G13.

Each gear tier should provide enough benefits to be worth attaining on its own. If that's not the case with G13, that means it's not powerful enough and/or requires too much time and effort for the benefits. Both of those possible problems could and should be fixed by tweaks to G13 itself. The incentive to get to G12? The benefits that go along with it. Same as G11, etc.

The idea that there needs to be additional form of progression to incentivize getting to G13 outside of the benefits of G13 itself = an admission that G13 benefits themselves are not sufficient for the investment.

So instead of addressing that problem directly, they tack on another type of progression that requires G13, even though it's something that the entire playerbase could enjoy if it were available to some extent starting at a lower gear tier.

Not buying it.

• Reading that latest announcement (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212686/relics-the-scavenger) was confusing at best.
    So we take pieces of gear salvage from our inventory and combine it with yet more NEW materials that we don't have yet to produce ALL-NEW gear pieces that we use to power up the RELIC. Ah, ok.
    So EXACTLY the same as the current gear tier system we already have. Relics are just g14 wrapped in flashy new clothes. Like Gucci Snoke in his gold robes.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    So... this is a new brand for gear 14, 15, etc.
    Ok... I'm ok with that.... BUT you just released g13.... TOO SOON for another huge upgrade on chars power (behind an even bigger paywall).
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    So what they did is someone plays WoW at the office on the one computer instead of doing business when it’s his/her turn. That person loves the armor upgrade system in BFA and said let’s do this in SWGoH and copied it almost exactly. They also played Gods of War and like the dirty dwarf smith brothers and so we get a cranky fowl mouth Jawa who forges our scrap into relic pieces.

Man I am ok with this, but how do you upgrade GGs iconic cough or R2s iconic chirp whistle raspberry?
  • Could you please let us construct Scrap from mods? Instead of selling the mods, you could let us break them down to upgrade our relics. Thanks!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    So gear is being replaced with more different gear? Nothing to see here folks...

Not really, this is tailor-made for each character and can provide more than just stat boosts. This has potential to shake up everything and basically rebalance the whole game, which would be very hard to do with gear alone.

Then why gate it at G13 (beyond the obvious reason of $$)? If the intention is to address shortcomings and rebalance characters, it's counterproductive to bury it so far in the endgame. If the relic (vibro-ax?) actually makes Gamorrean Guard good, but one can't access it without taking him to G13, then it's just some sort of vanity content for krakens...

Yeah, gating it behind G13 is a stinker. Though on the other hand, you would want the good characters at G13 anyway, so it's just a matter of what you do first.

I don't see how it's a balancer, but rather a reshuffler. They tried a bit of balancing with g13 by not granting some toons much while significantly boosting others. Not sure if they are gonna provide another lopsided new thing one more time (i.e. the relics themselves won't suck for any toon, it's the toon/kit that will keep sucking)
  • SenorPoo wrote: »
    Who the hell asked for this?

EA
  • Swgoh gearing process is like a race, those who pay the most money reach the end first but then they must sit at the end line and wait for the f2p to catch up. Once you hear a character to g12+5 now you can't go further, then everyone gets 12+5 so you're stuck on the same level. Then g13 come and they push the throttle and get the pieces, but then they need to sit there and have nothing more to do until the f2p get the pieces too.

But this relic thing is basically a way for the whales to pull ahead and just keep going, the race has no end so they will only pull further and further ahead until f2p are out of sight.

Mark my words, the game has never seen ANYTHING as p2w as this relic system, f2p will never catch up even on a single squad for arena, this is officially the death of f2p in arena. Not only that, bit relics are so fine-tuned that they will show the difference between spending levels, if you're a dolphin you'll only get so far, a whale will push a bit further, the kraken will go even further than that, basically a system where people can flex their wallets, it's a competition system for whales to see who can spend the most and of course the only one who wins is the devs.
  • Maybe, but why do you always keep bringing up this topic of catching up? Why are you so determined to have the same roster as a heavy spender?

I have a decent amount of G13 for my goals. There are players with over three times as many. Interestingly enough I still enjoy the game and never felt the need to be at the same level of roster development as someone who can afford one or more G13 upgrade daily.

Just play the game at your own pace and you'll get a much better experience than if you always keep looking at who has more and who has less.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Funny, absolutely no one is talking about this in my guild or shard chat...

You might be excited, we are not.

Hey new guy, very bad first move! And you are going to gate new contents behind relics which are gated behind g13?

My guild is losing about one player/2 weeks right now, I predict this will increase significantly...

Really disappointed here
  • Maybe, but why do you always keep bringing up this topic of catching up? Why are you so determined to have the same roster as a heavy spender?

I have a decent amount of G13 for my goals. There are players with over three times as many. Interestingly enough I still enjoy the game and never felt the need to be at the same level of roster development as someone who can afford one or more G13 upgrade daily.

Just play the game at your own pace and you'll get a much better experience than if you always keep looking at who has more and who has less.

You need 5 characters for arena right? Then the meta shifts now you need 5 more that's 10. You think it's easy to max 1 chargers when it can take over a month for just 1. With the more gear they add the longer it takes for a single character so each time the meta shifts you need months to catch up. This is what I mean, I'm not saying I'm expecting to have a maxed out roster
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Months to catch up? The meta shifts every 4-8 months so you have plenty of time to "catch-up" and prepare for the next meta.

Being F2P is going to be harder than being a whale because whales are supporting the game financially. And that's what the world runs on.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    How much are the relics?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    How much are the relics?

Somewhere between,

$0 - $4,999.95
  • @BaldingHead90 So you would rather have in game adverts that you can’t skip to support your FREE game? How do you want them to create and maintain the game? Work for free?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The best part about this is that Relics will ONLY benefit people who spend for a VERY VERY long time.

"elite" they say, like CG wants to treat their entire playerbase as children again. again. Again. And Again.

Because normal players only have a handful of G13, spenders have an army, can already easily beat anything and now will definitely beat anything no matter how bad a gamer they are.

Its too soon after G13, we still getting there. Everything seems to be balanced around G13 atm, and now a I assume, even larger powercreep is about to happen?

AND there is six levels of this relic and we are only expected to hit level 3?

SO BASICALLY THIS IS G12 THEN. I MEAN G14.
  • @BaldingHead90 So you would rather have in game adverts that you can’t skip to support your FREE game? How do you want them to create and maintain the game? Work for free?

Lmao, so it's either free or exploit, there's nothing in between, as if not adding the relics meant going broke. Get out of here with that propaganda mate. We all know there's levels to this, and no, I don't want adds, and there are countless other games that don't have adds and don't go full nuke on the players. Sorry but if you think a game needs to charge these absurd amounts of money just to survive then you have no idea how the industry works.

With what they make in a month they could probably keep the studio running for a couple years if not more
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    @BaldingHead90 So you would rather have in game adverts that you can’t skip to support your FREE game? How do you want them to create and maintain the game? Work for free?

With what they make in a month they could probably keep the studio running for a couple years if not more

You do know they dont get to keep all the money right?

Lucasfilm, EA & Disney all get a cut from this game.

You always seem to get into arguments here lol.
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Hold the front page for a minute...

For the sake of making a point I will start with a hypothetical example...

Say you are facing a Traya squad in Grand Arena, and the counters are, say, Jedi Revan or Bastila squads. The Traya team have their relics upgraded, as do you. But the relic upgrades on your tank are worthless, since the Traya squad does Special Damage, and there are no Jedi or Old Republic 'Tactics Tanks'. So they will chew through your tank in no time at all. The Traya team are doing more Special Damage than ever, and you can't do anything to counter that because your faction doesn't have a 'Tactics Tank'. (remember this is a hypothetical example used to make a point ... I am well aware that Sith have no 'Tactics Tank' either)

My prediction is that squads that are almost unbeatable except for a select number of counters could become completely unbeatable, if the counter squad doesn't have the necessary 'primary stat'. Which is to say, barely any real thought has gone into this system at all.

Edit:

It's actually worse than that ^. First, they lied to us. There are not 12 archetypes to begin with. For example, there are no tactics tanks or agility tanks.

Moreover, agility attackers and strength attackers are basically the same: they deal physical damage, and are thus both countered by Strength Tanks, whose armour increases with relic power.

But tactics attackers deal special damage, and they have no tank counter (a 'tactics tank'). Their Tactics Attack Mastery will make them more and more powerful relative to everyone else as everyone's relic power increases. For example, say that Strength or Agility Attack Mastery increases Physical Damage by 10% per level of relic power, that Special Damage increases by 10% per level of relic power on Tactics Attackers, and Armour on Strength tanks increases such that they mitigate 10% more physical damage per level of relic power. For each level of increase of relic power, the tank and the physical damage toons cancel each other out, which is fine. But for each level of relic power, the Resistance of Strength Tanks will increase by a much smaller amount than the special damage of Tactics Attackers, making Special Damage (tactics attackers) more powerful than any other attacker.

Balance? NOPE. Lies? Surprise!
    Post edited by Caiaphas on
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    @BaldingHead90
    sry, i really cant understand your thoughts.
    sure, if you claim to be on top of arena you have to spend a lot of money, but what are your costs for TB,TW, Raids, Fleets, and so on and on and on???

i spent a few bucks gettin JKR, because i was impatient.
    that was the only situation i felt like spending money was worth it.

and it was!

But now i enjoy the game and look towards new content which is coming. i dont have to be TOP 3!

if you want to be competitive f2p you have to play game with live action where you can train yourself and wheres no advantage in spending money.

Counter Strike, Fifa, Fortnite,....

But thats a resource managment game. therefor you have an advantage in spending money. like in real life. high investment = high earnings

hopefully ;)
  • How from that announcement you understood that relics are ultra p2w?

You people need to stop thinking that everything the game changers say are true, because they spread a lot of bad info
  • Wrong.
    You made my point for me. Special damage will increase by more on attackers than resistance will on tanks. So it will change MORE.
This discussion has been closed.