GAC Disappeared!

Replies

• Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Same thing with me. I have been trying to report in the bugs section but every time I hit Submit, it doesn't submit.
  • Just give us an auto join option, turn it to on, you join everything automatically, turn it to off you have to do it manually
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    Just give us an auto join option, turn it to on, you join everything automatically, turn it to off you have to do it manually

That will increase the number of ppl who join and don't play.
  • Same situation i can't play the GAC,i know that i have joined the event in the first 20 minutes after midnight,a couple of players have this issue and maybe it's a problem for CG i don't know but for us really sucks.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    There are a lot of people who "think" they did something innocently enough, but doesn't make it a reality. Every time I see this posted CG notes they didn't join per their log. The same thing will happen next GAC as well. Maybe it's an issue, but I really doubt there is code to throw you out of a game mode. People use "bug" and "glitch" as an adjective to explain things they don't understand.

That said, blaming your user base isn't a very good business move. Ultimately CG is responsible for providing a clear UX and if there's a recurring issue with people thinking they signed up when they haven't, the solution is for CG to simplify the process rather than to tell their customers they are ****.

The UI is very clear relative to reasonable expectations. More often people simply forget to do things or thought they did. In a make believe world sure, UX would make participation 100%, but that's not logical due to the human element. People have my sympathy, but to blame CG is absolutely incorrect in this scenario.

They could remove the necessity to click twice to join the current GA. They could institute a reminder with a hour before lock in for those who haven't signed up. They could have a clear colored indication where the current GA icon is showing red if you aren't signed up and blue if you are.

I'm not completely absolving the player base of blame, but if the issue is recurring it's indicative that the process should be rethought or simplified and that too many assumptions are being made about players' a priori knowledge or general competence.

I teach at the university level, and every year I discover 10-20% of students learn/perceive differently from how I do. They aren't stupid people, but for whatever reason my standard approach doesn't register. The onus is on me to present things a few different ways to get maximum coverage of learning/cognition styles.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Initial report we were given is that all the reports they have investigated, the player did not join GA.
  • Well that’s disappointing, because it’s not true. I’m worried how they have got to that conclusion :(
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well that’s disappointing, because it’s not true. I’m worried how they have got to that conclusion :(

I dont know if all reports have been examined, but the ones they have reviewed so far have all not joined.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Initial report we were given is that all the reports they have investigated, the player did not join GA.
    Well that’s disappointing, because it’s not true. I’m worried how they have got to that conclusion :(

That's sad to hear, hope all can be fixed.
    From my friends experience I can say that one misleading fact in ppl missing GAC registration is early division allocation. I don't know why, but for some reason everyone is asigned a division and rank at start of GAC registration period, not after joining. So I already had few ppl almost miss GAC, because it showed their ranking even though they didn't join it.
  • Hi folks, as mentioned above, there are some confusing parts of the UI, (such as earning feats and being placed in a division automatically) that may cause players to think they joined. Please post your Ally Code for us to investigate further if you believe that you did join but are not able to participate in Grand Arena Championship
  • If you joined and didn't deploy defence, does this have an impact?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ToxicFish wrote: »
    If you joined and didn't deploy defence, does this have an impact?

it makes no difference in this matter. if you were in the event and are now out, you should post an ally code to see if they can help and figure out the issue.
  • Thanks for answering @CG_SBCrumb
    Ally code 176-748-818
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Can you post a link to your Answers HQ post please.

Mine is https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GAC-disappeared/m-p/8155660/highlight/true#M30742

Ally Code: 251-184-386

We also need answers to the following questions:

Q) What is the action plan here? What are the next steps?
    Q) How do we (all the players on the list) get to participate in GAC?
    Q) What steps can be taken to make sure this does NOT happen again?
    Post edited by alikssepia on
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Zwanni_420 wrote: »
    Just give us an auto join option, turn it to on, you join everything automatically, turn it to off you have to do it manually

That will increase the number of ppl who join and don't play.

Maybe it's not such a problem? There are lots of guilds who join Territory Wars and don't play, just receiving free goods for participation.

Trying to lock out thouse who don't intend to play may cause serious players being locked out.
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    They could remove the necessity to click twice to join the current GA. They could institute a reminder with a hour before lock in for those who haven't signed up. They could have a clear colored indication where the current GA icon is showing red if you aren't signed up and blue if you are.

I'm not completely absolving the player base of blame, but if the issue is recurring it's indicative that the process should be rethought or simplified and that too many assumptions are being made about players' a priori knowledge or general competence.

THIS
    That said, blaming your user base isn't a very good business move. Ultimately CG is responsible for providing a clear UX and if there's a recurring issue with people thinking they signed up when they haven't, the solution is for CG to simplify the process rather than to tell their customers they are ****.

AND THIS

• Thank you @CG_SBCrumb for investigating. My ally code is 254-347-313.
    I am 99% sure I joined, but of course I could be wrong as well.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Thanks
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, as mentioned above, there are some confusing parts of the UI, (such as earning feats and being placed in a division automatically) that may cause players to think they joined. Please post your Ally Code for us to investigate further if you believe that you did join but are not able to participate in Grand Arena Championship

Thank you. My ally code is 596-893-645. I tried posting in the Bugs Report and also created a thread on here.

• CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks, as mentioned above, there are some confusing parts of the UI, (such as earning feats and being placed in a division automatically) that may cause players to think they joined. Please post your Ally Code for us to investigate further if you believe that you did join but are not able to participate in Grand Arena Championship

Ally-Code is 127-645-151

I am also 99% sure I joined. Was looking so forward to GAC.

Of course the mistake can be on my/the players side as well. But hundreds of people cant play GAC although they thought they joined? There is definitely room for improvement how to enter that really amazing part of SWGOH..favorite mode, so cheers to the makers and creators. Just really sucks not to be able to play it after participating the first time, it gets cancelled and the next time suddenly its gone...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are a lot of people who "think" they did something innocently enough, but doesn't make it a reality. Every time I see this posted CG notes they didn't join per their log. The same thing will happen next GAC as well. Maybe it's an issue, but I really doubt there is code to throw you out of a game mode. People use "bug" and "glitch" as an adjective to explain things they don't understand.

Considering CG didnt say anything if like this, maybe we can not act like they did.

Also, the UI follows the same pattern as raids and other events. First button brings you to a view, next button brings you into the event as a member of said event. Consistency is key to a clear and usable UI.

They are responsible for the UX which is why they are investigating the issue.
  • Runabout
    7 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for investigating the issue.
    My ally code is 436-978-758. (2nd msg in this thread, adding my ally code here.)

I also posted under the name tidalscope on https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GAC-disappeared/td-p/8155511/page/3
  • I am sure I pressed join buttom. Here's my ally code

237-633-266

• Austin9370 wrote: »
    Again with the self righteousness...you deserve nothing regardless of what you believe.

However, feedback is good to improve a system. Misplacing blame and acting like a crime was committed against you is laughable.

Sure, the system can be approved, but self accountability and simply paying attention works for most people.

Oh, great, you saved my whole quote, thank you. My post disappeared and I was afraid I need to retype it.

I don't know what made you think in terms of "crime" - it wasn't I who used such words as "blame" and "mistake" first.

I'm just providing feedback and was a bit tired of being ignored the whole day yesterday trying to reach devs or mods. Glad they're following the discussion now.

Pls don't lecture me, it adds nothing again.
  • alikssepia
    46 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Repeating my previous reply which disappeared.
    Also, the UI follows the same pattern as raids and other events. First button brings you to a view, next button brings you into the event as a member of said event. Consistency is key to a clear and usable UI.

Agree. Consistency is priority. But you don't get assigned ranking before you have joined raid. So, at least in this part, consistency is broken. One of mods, or devs mentioned that this may be confusing. If this is confusing, and they acknowledge it, then there's a space for improvement, right?

Who could have known one can take part in Feats without taking part in GA, whereas some Feats are directly linked with player's activity during GA? It's not obvious, and I never saw it discussed or mentioned. I think it's the first time people came to realise at all that they may be disconnected if you forget to do something.
    Dude, you need to chill out. You have no one to blame but yourself for not clicking join.

I made a mistake [correction: I might have made a mistake, cuz I remember clicking the Join button], but it turns out that the renewed enrollment process was "confusing", to use the word the devs used themselves. Seems like there are two parties to blame.
    It's funny you're so demanding when you made the mistake. Show a little gratitude while their confirming you simply failed to click join.

I think I deserve the same gratitude from the devs for raising/supporting this topic on forums and helping them make the game better. There's an issue, and the issue needs to be solved for other people not to get confused in the future.

When I'm demanding answers here's what I expect to hear:
    We need an explanation if we're locked out from GA for the rest of the Championship or still have a chance to join next week.

The devs could take notice of cool ideas - say, making a GAC/GA icon that changes color once you've joined.
    They could have made a separate thread in the Announcements section and explain that while we're all authomatically enrolled in GAC, it doesn't mean we've joined GA, because it's confusing.

I think it's normal to provide feedbak and get answers from the devs, whereas your "chill out, dude" adds nothing to the discussion.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    alikssepia wrote: »
    Repeating my previous reply which disappeared.

Agree. Consistency is priority. But you don't get assigned ranking before you have joined raid. So, at least in this part, consistency is broken. One of mods, or devs mentioned that this may be confusing. If this is confusing, and they acknowledge it, then there's a space for improvement, right?

Who could have known one can take part in Feats without taking part in GA, whereas some Feats are directly linked with player's activity during GA? It's not obvious, and I never saw it discussed or mentioned. I think it's the first time people came to realise at all that they may be disconnected if you forget to do something.
    Dude, you need to chill out. You have no one to blame but yourself for not clicking join.

I made a mistake [correction: I might have made a mistake, cuz I remember clicking the Join button], but it turns out that the renewed enrollment process was "confusing", to use the word the devs used themselves. Seems like there are two parties to blame.
    It's funny you're so demanding when you made the mistake. Show a little gratitude while their confirming you simply failed to click join.

I think I deserve the same gratitude from the devs for raising/supporting this topic on forums and helping them make the game better. There's an issue, and the issue needs to be solved for other people not to get confused in the future.

When I'm demanding answers here's what I expect to hear:
    We need an explanation if we're locked out from GA for the rest of the Championship or still have a chance to join next week.

The devs could take notice of cool ideas - say, making a GAC/GA icon that changes color once you've joined.
    They could have made a separate thread in the Announcements section and explain that while we're all authomatically enrolled in GAC, it doesn't mean we've joined GA, because it's confusing.

I think it's normal to provide feedbak and get answers from the devs, whereas your "chill out, dude" adds nothing to the discussion.

You should go and look at the raid screen again. Your name is on the list and in a random order before you join the raid, again consistent with what you see in GAC, yes some variations because they are different game modes, but it all follows. It is consistent.

No one is saying there is no room to improve, but we also need to all recognize our roles in both that process and in the game mode we are discussing. Putting all the blame on one party is not that.

Considering this is a 4 week long event where these scores carry over and feats can be done between events, it does seem obvious that feats are a part of but not exclusive to GAC, and here is where it was discussed:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205536/grand-arena-championships-feats-and-leaderboards

A quick paraphrase: feats are something to do during GAC for points but are associated with GAC, fleet and squad arena. Is it crystal clear, no, I'm not trying to say it is, but this information has been out there for a while and anyone could have simply asked, rather then assume and then try to pass blame to the system.

• alikssepia wrote: »
    Who could have known one can take part in Feats without taking part in GA, whereas some Feats are directly linked with player's activity during GA?
    Anyone who was paying attention during the previous two GACs.
  • I don't think it doesn't really make sense as I already know the answer that GC will be saying I haven't pushed the join button although I'm 100% sure I did, here's my ally code:

328-854-691

• Well look at it this way. You are well on your way to getting that "Trapped in Carbonite" title.