Best team to focus on from all the newer teams?

I'm set on my Dr+Malak team except working on g13 and 7* malak, so now need to figure out what my highest priority team should be until the official meta shift. I'm asking both personally and universally, which team would you invest in next? I've been leaning towards Padme (she's double zeta and gear 12+2) GR team (g12 Anakin and g11 zeta Ashoka, gmy and GK are g12 from my jkr team, c3p0 is 7* g10, but not sure who should be 4th and 5th) or GG separatist (zzGG is g12+4, other droids are g9ish). Geo's are now almost all 7* except gba, clones are all 7* but low gear, nute/dooku are also 7* but g1 lvl1.

https://swgoh.gg/p/474735952/characters/

Best team to focus on from all the newer teams? 22 votes

Padme GR team
13%
BauglirNil0nabokovfan 3 votes
GG Separatist Droids
27%
Archangel3anton47MastersbgamesRon_ONeal35Karlito20cmulcahy 6 votes
Geo's
27%
theatomicpunKrjstoffchionophileDaPowerfulJediReworkGriev0usJack1210 6 votes
ShaakTi and the Clones
18%
KyJoe_CoolPresariaVeserion1Lachie_1 4 votes
Nute/Dooku Separatist
0%
Other non-listed team
4%
Mephisto_style 1 vote
Wait for the next new thing
9%
HarukinotakoSemiGod 2 votes

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Wait for the next new thing
    Since we don't know what the next meta will be, having Padmé & Clones (GG in process) will be a gamble.

However, DR & Malak has been meta for very long to expect them to lose viability in the upcoming weeks / months.
  • Padme GR team
    If I was starting a new account today, I'd farm JKR, DR, then Sion/Nihilus/Thrawn. I'd then work on GG/Padme, Geo Alpha, 501st Clones, Shaak Ti. Then JTR, First Order (episode 9).
  • Geo's
    I'ld definitely pick Geos ... 'cause they're fun and have a lot of utility.
    They are very easy to gear compared to a lot of the other teams, and they make a decent team in fleet.
    In GAC they punch above their weight... yes they can be beaten by a 2 man Traya team, but if you opponent feels confident wasting Traya on the Geos, be my guest.

Yes, they can be murdered by that horrible Jawa Scavenger bug, but chances are your opponent won't get many points for it, as there will only be one or two toons left on the team, and they will not leave with full HP and protection.

As for the other teams:
    501st Clones would also seem to be a great choice but those buggers are gear hungry when you want to go beyond G9.

Padme GR is also a great choice as they will be needed for the LS Geo TB (the 501st will also be needed, but again... gear crunch...). And they beat most other teams.

GG is also a very relevant team, but they need to be G12 to matter - and GG needs to be G13, so maybe work on him first. And once he's G13, consider gearing the other droids.

Also: Consider getting your FO or Resistance topped off (do you have 7 stars on Rose?). They may be needed later this year and you don't want to be caught in a panic farm.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Other non-listed team
    Jawas. They counter Geos, and clones. And it is hilarious. Probably can counter Padme too
  • Geo's
    If your guild is doing Geo TB, your focus should probably be on the units necessary for that. I'd do any/all Separatists (pick a team - Geos are a great place to start, and a pretty easy gear), then start on Galactic Republic to get ready for LS GeoTB.
  • ShaakTi and the Clones
    Clones baby! 😎 🤘 You’ll remember my post when LS GEO TB comes out.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Geo's
    Once I gear my Padme team up, I'll be looking for a new group. Can't decide if I wanna go geos, clones or finish a separatist team with nute, dooku and jango. CLones are mostly in stores so I will start picking up those shards when possible. I'm a little wary of clones with shaak ti being fleet as I am currently working on carth and just started the Nest farm.