Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• yeah now players gonna be reporting other players for cheating for no reason just so that they can get banned i don't think this was a good idea lol

Well if they ban 5 players for life for being suspected of cheating and only 4 were cheaters what's the better outcome?

Keep playing with the cheaters cheating?

Accept that some amount of non cheating players get a lifetime ban for "suspicious behaviors"

CG has banned people in my guild for cheating but they were able to get their accounts back after several calls to customer service.

CG thought these players were modding the apk but it was just a app some had that changed what apps were displayed on the phone so that his kids (and maybe wife) couldn't access all his apps. Dude probally hiding a tinder icon but whatever...

The point is devs dont even have a battle log themselves, and they lack the tools to accurately identify cheaters vs other 3rd party apps that interact with running apps (swgoh). With the increased awareness of cheating more non cheating players will be reported and banned improperly.

Devs restored my guildmates accounts but this was several months back before the "0 tolerance" policy was in effect. I feel bad for anyone who played for 4 years to catch a ban they didn't deserve, I imagine CG knows this too and that's likely why they have not been very proactive at identifying and removing cheaters (because they cant do it with a high level of accuracy).
  • yeah now players gonna be reporting other players for cheating for no reason just so that they can get banned i don't think this was a good idea lol

It happened to me, I hope that my account will be restored. I will wait :'(
  • And now the thread is dying, well played CG, well played ... just wait until the storm dies down and keep going the way you have been.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • I watched my Hermit Yoda get targeted in stealth and fractured, feared and stunned. 100% evasion besides he doesn't hit anyone. Then I destroy his team it's just Vader left and I have a full team and my GM Yoda lands the final blow and it says "Defeated". How does that work. I could have beat his team with BH's. I'm sure he'll climb up in ranks before too long take down some better player and if he noticed that he actually lost maybe do the same thing.

4hmr20vcgd2h.png
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    potatoelee wrote: »
    I watched my Hermit Yoda get targeted in stealth and fractured, feared and stunned. 100% evasion besides he doesn't hit anyone. Then I destroy his team it's just Vader left and I have a full team and my GM Yoda lands the final blow and it says "Defeated". How does that work. I could have beat his team with BH's. I'm sure he'll climb up in ranks before too long take down some better player and if he noticed that he actually lost maybe do the same thing.

4hmr20vcgd2h.png

1) Can't cheat on defense. Battles are server based, not client based, which prevents cheating on defense barring a hack of the server.

2) Fallen Bastila can target one enemy and a random enemy for Fear which includes stealthed toons like Hermit GMY.

3) GMY is Fractured, not Hermit Yoda.

4) Defeated only occurs when you have no one left.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    yeah now players gonna be reporting other players for cheating for no reason just so that they can get banned i don't think this was a good idea lol

Well if they ban 5 players for life for being suspected of cheating and only 4 were cheaters what's the better outcome?

Accept that some amount of non cheating players get a lifetime ban for "suspicious behaviors"

CG has banned people in my guild for cheating but they were able to get their accounts back after several calls to customer service.

CG thought these players were modding the apk but it was just a app some had that changed what apps were displayed on the phone so that his kids (and maybe wife) couldn't access all his apps. Dude probally hiding a tinder icon but whatever...

The point is devs dont even have a battle log themselves, and they lack the tools to accurately identify cheaters vs other 3rd party apps that interact with running apps (swgoh). With the increased awareness of cheating more non cheating players will be reported and banned improperly.

Devs restored my guildmates accounts but this was several months back before the "0 tolerance" policy was in effect. I feel bad for anyone who played for 4 years to catch a ban they didn't deserve, I imagine CG knows this too and that's likely why they have not been very proactive at identifying and removing cheaters (because they cant do it with a high level of accuracy).

You are talking about players that were mistreated as cheaters who later managed to lift their bans. How does your anectode prove they are not able to get battle logs?
  • No_Try wrote: »
    yeah now players gonna be reporting other players for cheating for no reason just so that they can get banned i don't think this was a good idea lol

You are talking about players that were mistreated as cheaters who later managed to lift their bans. How does your anectode prove they are not able to get battle logs?

1. If they had a dev side battle log they would be able to see that the player in question had never cheated.

2. Another different guildmate broke down the actual game apk in python and confirmed very limited info is sent back to the client side like win, lose, characters info (tm,life prot, etc.)

I can conclude that devs do not see the actual turn by turn actions performed on a players device during combat off server. If your suggesting otherwise I would ask for any evidence to support your beliefs.

PS my point was not about battle logs, it was that devs can not identify cheaters with a high level of accuracy.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

1. If they had a dev side battle log they would be able to see that the player in question had never cheated.

2. Another different guildmate broke down the actual game apk in python and confirmed very limited info is sent back to the client side like win, lose, characters info (tm,life prot, etc.)

I can conclude that devs do not see the actual turn by turn actions performed on a players device during combat off server. If your suggesting otherwise I would ask for any evidence to support your beliefs.

PS my point was not about battle logs, it was that devs can not identify cheaters with a high level of accuracy.

1. assumptive, consider how many numbers fly around each match and how much stuff we do daily. if they don't have an automated system, this would have to be done manually and very carefully. I dunno how an automated system should work either, try to filter extreme numbers?

2. ok then, I'll take your word for it. if only input and output data gets sent, they can't ever be sure someone cheated.
  • Have each match go through an automated test on the server and if something is suspicious then do a manual check.
    And no it is not that much work, start banning cheaters and the rest will stop; 95% of cheaters are only cheating because they know they can get away with it.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • This is currently only in the PVP top 50,
    and you can't see this button after 50.
  • 88pzd9yzn956.jpg
    k2go3wk5ve81.jpg
    y0l4jlt3jubz.jpg
    7exstu9m7y4n.jpg

@CG_Leviathan Up against a palp team in GW with these weird mods. I confirmed the mods are not just a visual bug by adding the speed on palp.
  • Malachi wrote: »
    88pzd9yzn956.jpg
    k2go3wk5ve81.jpg
    y0l4jlt3jubz.jpg
    7exstu9m7y4n.jpg

@CG_Leviathan Up against a palp team in GW with these weird mods. I confirmed the mods are not just a visual bug by adding the speed on palp.

So it is possible to cheat on defense, or those pics are fake...? Jury is still out...
  • GW is like events the teams get boosts, yes it is real people you are playing against but their stats are boosted its been well documented so no its not possible and defo not possible to boost your mod stats
  • So, despite our hole shard reported the one cheater we do have, nothing is happening for weeks now. Several people of our shard sended messages to @CG_Leviathan but nothing happens. Can’t imagine how GAC must be, where not that many people can report a cheater at once.
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    GW is like events the teams get boosts, yes it is real people you are playing against but their stats are boosted its been well documented so no its not possible and defo not possible to boost your mod stats

Accounts with double the stats on mods has never been documented in GW. Saying that this is well documented is a flat out lie.

My node 12 has a Vader with 3 of 6 mods and his arrow is 1% offense main. What mods does your Node 12 have in GW?

People used to complain that stats were bosted in GW but there never was any way of knowing how much and it was all speculation just like how people today say stats are boosted on defense because it is under AI control.

Truth is most of the old GW complaints were from people who lost and preloaded turn meter on their enemies while not understanding anything about preloaded TM then they would send team after team to get slaughtered because the whole enemy team would go first.

Lets not act like its normal to see mods with 60 speed and 50% protection buffs because your 100% wrong those are either completely fake pics or there is a way you can hack mods to make them better.

Being able to hack the mods is more likely, this guy hacked them too much.

I have never got a 26 speed mod but there are players in my arena with 15+ mods all 26, 27, 28 speed secondary speed set too. They seem to know something I dont yet... if mods are hackable this game it dead or needs a major overhaul and removal of all mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I have never got a 26 speed mod but there are players in my arena with 15+ mods all 26, 27, 28 speed secondary speed set too. They seem to know something I dont yet... if mods are hackable this game it dead or needs a major overhaul and removal of all mods.

yea, everyone who has more +25 mods than you must be a hacker....
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Good point should stop hacking when I get to 25 speed so people dont report me lol. This guy took it too far and went to 60+ what was he thinking...
  • Malachi wrote: »
    88pzd9yzn956.jpg
    k2go3wk5ve81.jpg
    y0l4jlt3jubz.jpg
    7exstu9m7y4n.jpg

So it is possible to cheat on defense, or those pics are fake...? Jury is still out...

It's a visual bug. AHQ already aware.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Good point should stop hacking when I get to 25 speed so people dont report me lol. This guy took it too far and went to 60+ what was he thinking...

If it's real, the player with that +62 mod is probably not a hacker and even if he is he will get caught sooner rather than later. Lets not pretent that is something people run into often in competative gamemodes like GA/TW/Arena otherwise you would have heared about it.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Malachi wrote: »
    88pzd9yzn956.jpg
    k2go3wk5ve81.jpg
    y0l4jlt3jubz.jpg
    7exstu9m7y4n.jpg

It's a visual bug. AHQ already aware.

The poster who fought the team said the mod stats were effecting palpatine speed and NOT just a visual bug. Since the player had already visited answers and posted on someone else's answer thread I beleive they were aware of ea response before posting on here.

Given that ea was unaware of the issue just hours earlier and unable to provide a explanation to the other players who encountered this and ea said they could not locate the account in question...I dont really trust them when they say it's a visual bug only and dont worry.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019

If it's real, the player with that +62 mod is probably not a hacker and even if he is he will get caught sooner rather than later. Lets not pretent that is something people run into often in competative gamemodes like GA/TW/Arena otherwise you would have heared about it.

Did you get hacked, or are you creating major grammar errors to be typing in gutter speak? If it is the latter, bravo, sir!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Did you get hacked, or are you creating major grammar errors to be typing in gutter speak? If it is the latter, bravo, sir!

Is my grammar usually better than that? I honestly don't even notice, english isn't my first language and even in native language my spelling/grammar is horrible ;)
  • Let me add a couple of thoughts.

First, if you cannot prove someone is guilty they are innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt. You ban someone who has spent thousands without proof, you should have a nice claim against you running in the millions for harming someone who actually has paid for playing. And no, fairly certain does not even cut it, it is proven beyond reasonable doubt. Server side games should be impossible to hack, even if having played Wartune I have been greatly tempted to claim otherwise. But without proof, I swallow the hate and try to actually get better.

Second, claims that nobody can spend THAT much, nobody can ever beat MY idea of perfect team, are not proof. If payment records show the person has paid a hundred thousand to CG and CG got the money, he HAS spent that much even if it seems crazy to everyone else. And unless you have a team that somehow has mods that are double stats than EVERYONE who has ever played this game, sorry but it is feasible that someone manages to beat you.

Third, this guy wins on defense because he hacked the server. Do you have any idea how hard that would be, and that if someone can do that they are most likely to steal credit card data for all players rather than make a strong PVP team?

In real life, when you report a non-existing offense in order to harm a third party, if the party is innocent you actually are liable. Unless such a policy is followed here, I report EVERYONE and want them banned immediately. Being left the only player in everything, I gloriously triumph!

Yes, I have lost in Arena, in Ship Arena, in Grand Arena to teams I was sure I could beat. Yes, I was angry I have spent thousands and failed to pass on first dozens of attempts Darth Revan or Malak. But it does not mean Malak event and Darth Revan event are nasty cheaters that must be banned for life, or that I should be able to beat in GA people who have played for 4 years and have better rosters than mine even when they do NOT have Revan and Darth Revan unlike me. In fact it gives me incentive to become better!

One case of fraud I would never tolerate is credit card fraud, third party sales, that make people get for 1% of the cost what the rest of us pay real cash for. That is a real offense and should be worth a permanent ban. And by regularly updating client and server security this game would eventually become too costly to hack, even if it were hackable now (which I seriously doubt). Yes, we have heard about claims of "free billions of stuff" if you fill in this or that form, and we all know those are scams that actually are punishment enough for potential offenders, leaving their systems and wallets exposed to real-life cheaters. That is the best protection I know for online games.
  • Oh, and just to make it clear how people do not need to hack in order to cheat:

Joining an HSTR guild asap by being less than 1m GP so the guild carries you to a free Traya.
    Arena and Ship Arena collusion to get maximum rewards by timing when you take top spots.
    Speaking to people in GA and setting up joke squads so they can tackle achievements by beating them easily with understrength squads once you no longer need the GA rewards.
    The same as above but in guild PVP.
    Using exploits in certain toon combinations.

The list goes on and on, and those offenses have nothing to do with tracking battle data, they are outright manipulation of the very concept of the game by twisting around "the verbatim rules". And those offenses are not leading to a ban even though they are far more prevalent. Those are what? Heroic? If you want to cleanse up, cleanse it up radically.
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    Oh, and just to make it clear how people do not need to hack in order to cheat:

Joining an HSTR guild asap by being less than 1m GP so the guild carries you to a free Traya.
    Arena and Ship Arena collusion to get maximum rewards by timing when you take top spots.
    Speaking to people in GA and setting up joke squads so they can tackle achievements by beating them easily with understrength squads once you no longer need the GA rewards.
    The same as above but in guild PVP.
    Using exploits in certain toon combinations.

The list goes on and on, and those offenses have nothing to do with tracking battle data, they are outright manipulation of the very concept of the game by twisting around "the verbatim rules". And those offenses are not leading to a ban even though they are far more prevalent. Those are what? Heroic? If you want to cleanse up, cleanse it up radically.

Your describing teamwork (helping low players pass a raid) and strategy (using character combinations) and collusion (people working together to manipulate the system) falsely equating that to outright cheating like hacking the game to make your characters/mods better.

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    so glad to see the 0 tolerance to cheaters is working so well, CG stay quiet for a while give his account back and hope its swept under the rug as usual

b89fd707eglf.jpg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    so glad to see the 0 tolerance to cheaters is working so well, CG stay quiet for a while give his account back and hope its swept under the rug as usual

b89fd707eglf.jpg

Being told, that was an account renamed that, not the original.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

b89fd707eglf.jpg

does it really matter he has proved himself as a cheater so whats to say he isnt cheating on this account and more to the point thats a well established account also so all his accounts were not banned then
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

b89fd707eglf.jpg

does it really matter he has proved himself as a cheater so whats to say he isnt cheating on this account and more to the point thats a well established account also so all his accounts were not banned then

I dont know any details but was told, it popped up in the system and has been dealt with.

It was not one of his accounts.
This discussion has been closed.