Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    hahaha loving it so hes breaking the TOS of the game totally then by transfering accounts now too
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    hahaha loving it so hes breaking the TOS of the game totally then by transfering accounts now too

Didn't you listen? It isn't one of his accounts. It is just some random internet person who renamed their account that for the lols.

It is a new account I acquired and renamed. I got permission to do so per the TOS. The account has now been banned and I have no idea why. The points were scored legitimately, and I can prove it. I’ve reached out to appeal.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I left this discussion for a month to come back and see literally the same arguments, the same people, the same result. I’m not sure what CG is trying to do here, but really the only people who seem to know anything about this are Bulldog and CG, so I suggest just letting them figure it out, because clearly the community can’t prove anything for either side.

Didn't you listen? It isn't one of his accounts. It is just some random internet person who renamed their account that for the lols.

then again cant you read, Nobody ever said it wasnt his account and funnily enough bulldog has now admitted it is his newly aquired account, no worries appology accepted........

It is a new account I acquired and renamed. I got permission to do so per the TOS. The account has now been banned and I have no idea why. The points were scored legitimately, and I can prove it. I’ve reached out to appeal.

probably because you renamed it the same, they expected you to hide behind another name so people didnt realise more than likely but glad to hear thats banned too.
    not getting into the argument of why etc it was done but they cannot be seen to allow cheating after all their past comments on it
  • All this outrage over someone who was doing this game a service... yet nothing about the plethora of ACTUAL cheaters getting away with it. Funny that.
    LynnYoda wrote: »

probably because you renamed it the same, they expected you to hide behind another name so people didnt realise more than likely but glad to hear thats banned too.
    not getting into the argument of why etc it was done but they cannot be seen to allow cheating after all their past comments on it

Everyone has the right to their opinion on my ban and I won’t waste time trying to alter that. I can’t imagine that using the same name is the reason for this latest ban though. I’m a YouTuber who made it clear I had plans on live streaming my GAC battles. It was pretty obvious I wouldn’t be hiding.

My assumption is my near perfect scores flagged my account and whoever reviews them didn’t think it was possible. I’m just waiting at this point.
  • The biggest mystery of all the 'aggressively going after cheaters thing' is how the guy who blatantly cheated against DBOfficial and attacked during his livestream during the GAC Exhibition didn't get banned.

He pulled off the Impossible with what he had left. Db apparently talked to CG about it, and still the guy is just free to play still.

Ok Mr warrior of Justice, defend the corporate Giant over a gamer

Ok Mr warrior of Justice, defend the corporate Giant over a gamer

Well, it's a bannable offense unless CG gave him the OK. It's not defending the Corporate giant. It's just reality.

then again cant you read, Nobody ever said it wasnt his account and funnily enough bulldog has now admitted it is his newly aquired account, no worries appology accepted........

Well Kyno said "It was not one of his accounts." Which I took to mean it wasn't one of his accounts. Clearly I was mistaken.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

What do you mean by a new account you acquired?

I can't imagine you were able to reach division 1 bracket so quickly from scratch
  • Ultra wrote: »

I can't imagine you were able to reach division 1 bracket so quickly from scratch

I took over an account that had been abandoned for 3 months that I had access to. Between accounts for testing and alts people have offered me I quite literally could have about 50 different accounts I could use if I needed it.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Ultra wrote: »

I took over an account that had been abandoned for 3 months that I had access to. Between accounts for testing and alts people have offered me I quite literally could have about 50 different accounts I could use if I needed it.
    Right

but that's ban dodging
    Sharing accounts. Sharing accounts will get you banned.

Usually, there are people that sell their accounts, and the new owners get reported and banned. This is no different. Having alt accounts is fine as long as your primary account is not banned or its not transferred over / owned by someone else

but CG is fine with it so its whatever

not sure why you were banned in this case
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

To me this doesn't make sense, at all.
    Why would a company that banned YOU for life give you permission to aqcuire someone else's account? If they were going to do let you do that, what did they ban your main account for? It just doesn't make sense, so i think there's more to this story..
    Anyway, the way i see it they can't leave you unbanned without looking like they support cheating. What message does it send if you keep playing publicly after recieving a lifetime ban for cheating?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bulldog1205 is to SWGOH what
    Alex Jones is to Youtube
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Bulldog1205 is to SWGOH what
    Alex Jones is to Youtube

I’m just curious, what do you think Alex Jones is to YouTube?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Bulldog1205 is to SWGOH what
    Alex Jones is to Youtube

I’m just curious, what do you think Alex Jones is to YouTube?

i'm curious as well, i don't know if bobcat is trying to insult bulldog, alex jones or ea with that comment. haha
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    leef wrote: »

Anyway, the way i see it they can't leave you unbanned without looking like they support cheating. What message does it send if you keep playing publicly after recieving a lifetime ban for cheating?

He didn't cheat. Cheating would be if he actually won matches. He hacked. Which is different, but still against the ToS. If he had secretly been hacking to win matches I would say he should be burned at the stake. The charred carcasses of cheaters should be paraded around as a warning to others. But I don't see how letting him continue to play after nuking the account he spent years on shows support for cheating.

SOMETHING had to be done because he publicly violated the ToS. That was an unwise decision. And he could have handled it better at several points. However, I can't comprehend that people can't tell the difference between secretly taking resources from others by breaking the rules, and purposefully losing matches while hacking to see if it actually gets detected and sharing that info with others who are sinking money into a product that has some major flaws. That is a grey area. It's not the same thing. I think he made some poor decisions, and taking down his video plus maybe a suspension would have been enough.

It is CG's made up rules that he broke, so they can decide what to do about it. It isn't a federal crime, and nobody was hurt. A large chunk of players actually felt like he was doing them a favor by exposing that rampant cheating is happening, and he possibly moved the needle on action being taken against it. Unless CG was just making a show of addressing it, and isn't actually trying any harder. But at the very least he wasn't doing anything negative since not even CG accused him of gaining resources by his hacking. His video shows him losing on purpose before using the hacks.

I know some only think in binary, and are sticklers for rules. Rules are great, but they aren't perfect. They're flawed because people make them, and can't foresee every situation. I've personally seen situations where (as a for instance) obeying a traffic law would have gotten several people killed. Not the same thing here clearly, but the point is that not every broken rule is the same. I've already said he should have gotten some punishment, but plenty of people see the situation as a big, greedy corporation persecuting a Robin Hood figure for pointing out their incompetence in allowing people to cheat instead of doing something about the actual cheaters.

Even though CG has lied to us plenty of times (remember how they "buffed" Sith Raid rewards?), I take them at their word that they don't want cheating to happen, and are trying to stop it. And they should have done something to Bulldog initially. But not aknowledging the 'grayness' of the situation, and going by the letter of the law wasn't a good PR move.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    And they should have done something to Bulldog initially. But not aknowledging the 'grayness' of the situation, and going by the letter of the law wasn't a good PR move.

Maybe, maybe not. Also not really the point.
    However, what message do you send your playerbase if you preach zero tollerance and ban bulldog the way they did, but you give him permission to get ownership of someone else's account?
    Mind you that transfering accounts is forbidden unless you recieve permission from ea/cg. So they went out of their way for him twice, but in opposite direction. At first to ban all his accounts, but then they went out of their way to give him permission to play on someone else's account. I mean, whut?!
    Even if you think the initial punishment was too harsch and this was just a way to make it up to him, you can probably still admit that it's pretty strange to make an example out of someone only to have that same someone still rather publicly playing the game he got a lifetime ban from.
    It also makes me wonder what happens to "real" cheaters/hackers whom recieved a lifetime ban, what about you?
    PS. The devs kinda did acknowledge the "grayness" of the situation, but they did what they did regardless.
  • leef wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    And they should have done something to Bulldog initially. But not aknowledging the 'grayness' of the situation, and going by the letter of the law wasn't a good PR move.

Maybe, maybe not. Also not really the point.
    However, what message do you send your playerbase if you preach zero tollerance and ban bulldog the way they did, but you give him permission to get ownership of someone else's account?
    Mind you that transfering accounts is forbidden unless you recieve permission from ea/cg. So they went out of their way for him twice, but in opposite direction. At first to ban all his accounts, but then they went out of their way to give him permission to play on someone else's account. I mean, whut?!
    Even if you think the initial punishment was too harsch and this was just a way to make it up to him, you can probably still admit that it's pretty strange to make an example out of someone only to have that same someone still rather publicly playing the game he got a lifetime ban from.
    It also makes me wonder what happens to "real" cheaters/hackers whom recieved a lifetime ban, what about you?
    PS. The devs kinda did acknowledge the "grayness" of the situation, but they did what they did regardless.

I think everything they did regarding that was strange. I think allowing him to take over an account wasn't them going out of their way to make it up to him. I think they realized how their zero tolerance being applied to him appeared after the fact, and didn't want to look like they were going after him any further. So telling him that they had a "truce" and then banning him again seems weird.

Picking him to make an example of was also strange. I would LOOOOOOOVE it if they would post the names (in game names, not RL) of every cheater that they remove from the GAC leaderboard. I understand they might not get away with that due to other players possibly knowing their real names, but THAT would be making an example of people who have it coming. Pick players who are hacking in secret for the purpose of stealing resources unfairly. Publicly shame them. Have a monthly ceremony where their accounts are deleted. They have data on all of them I'm sure. List with each name how many years and dollars are being flushed down the toilet on each account because these people decided to cheat. Instead they perma-ban the guy who made a video saying, 'hey everyone. CG isn't stopping cheaters. Here is proof, and oh by the way I made sure to lose on purpose so I didn't win anything unfairly while testing this.'
  • This was a total white hat situation and it brought attention to something that wasn't being addressed to the extent it needs to be.

Shouldn't have received a lifetime ban. Using the no tolerance logic being thrown around here, there are other very popular Youtubers who have used transferred accounts. Should they receive bans as well? To be clear I'm not advocating this. All of this is ridiculous. Some people just want to see the world burn.
  • My assumption is my near perfect scores flagged my account and whoever reviews them didn’t think it was possible. I’m just waiting at this point.
    I was beaten by someone who averaged 62 points a match and they were never banned so I would love to know the rules behind reviews.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    My assumption is my near perfect scores flagged my account and whoever reviews them didn’t think it was possible. I’m just waiting at this point.
    I was beaten by someone who averaged 62 points a match and they were never banned so I would love to know the rules behind reviews.

As he said it's his assumption, that doesn't mean it's the reality of the situation.
  • How carefullt do you check your own guild members during TB and TW? How do you deal with suspicious cheaters in your own guild?
    In previous Geo TB we had an obvious case of a person getting 4/4 on 3 missions in a phase without the DS roster to back it up. He/she was kicked. This TB the same thing, despite us officers saying that we would check more carefully.
    A new clue I discovered in the event log this time (and double checked in old screenshots) is that those suspicious battles only take about 1-2 minutes (typically with sub-par gp deployed), whereas the average time for others in the log is around 7-10 minutes. Please check the logs for your own guild during TB to help catch these people!
  • It's past time CG made material changes to their game to enable them, not us, to systematically catch cheaters and ban them. This issue is as critical as investing in a payroll department to pay salaries. A business can't function without a paycheck, and this game can't function without modern systems to that cheaters.

The cheating in this game is very disheartening.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Typo... This game can't function without modern systems to catch cheaters.

2nd post cause an edit will send the original post into message board purgatory.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • What is it about the leader in div 4? According to the stats from GAC he/she can't get that many points... The person got over 500 points more without the feats because not enough matches with undersized squads...

Does transferring or "acquiring" an account conflict with TOS?
    I mean it definitely DOES conflict with Google / Apple TOS, but what about CG/EA?
This discussion has been closed.