Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• It’s no different than the existing gear progression system. P2P will only be able to go so far before they hit a cap. Then F2P will have some time to catch up.

How is it ultra P2W?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So, I will get to use stockpiled trash gear, have something to farm from cantina besides shard currency and the character roles will mean something again? Sounds good so far. It even makes Shaak Ti going to a fleet node a bit more palatable, at least I can focus solely on relics.
  • Swgoh gearing process is like a race, those who pay the most money reach the end first but then they must sit at the end line and wait for the f2p to catch up. Once you hear a character to g12+5 now you can't go further, then everyone gets 12+5 so you're stuck on the same level. Then g13 come and they push the throttle and get the pieces, but then they need to sit there and have nothing more to do until the f2p get the pieces too.

But this relic thing is basically a way for the whales to pull ahead and just keep going, the race has no end so they will only pull further and further ahead until f2p are out of sight.

Mark my words, the game has never seen ANYTHING as p2w as this relic system, f2p will never catch up even on a single squad for arena, this is officially the death of f2p in arena. Not only that, bit relics are so fine-tuned that they will show the difference between spending levels, if you're a dolphin you'll only get so far, a whale will push a bit further, the kraken will go even further than that, basically a system where people can flex their wallets, it's a competition system for whales to see who can spend the most and of course the only one who wins is the devs.

We haven’t seen the relic system either. The history of the game is against you. Every new thing was supposed to drive f2p and longer tenured players away. They haven’t.

There is this insane feeling of the game collapsing right away. Idk if it’s because we all play so much and if the game is dead we have no excuse to play anymore. It’s nuts. Swgoh is really good at retaining players. And I have no data on new players. But judging by top hats comments about trying to make it easier for new players I’m sure they would like more.

I want to see the conversion of gear to scrap. Then we can complain or rejoice.

• Its not a feeling of collapse it simply is. They keep adding more and more grind mechanics but not content to make it worth while. So yes the game is still dying till they wake up and listen for once....
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Its not a feeling of collapse it simply is. They keep adding more and more grind mechanics but not content to make it worth while. So yes the game is still dying till they wake up and listen for once....

So, would you rather have new content first and the tools needed to beat it later? I prefer getting the relics now and the content tuned for them somewhere down the road.
  • Its not a feeling of collapse it simply is. They keep adding more and more grind mechanics but not content to make it worth while. So yes the game is still dying till they wake up and listen for once....

Lol....people have been claiming "the game is dying" for 3 years. We were at G12 for a long time and at G12+5 for a long time too. Everyone knew eventually we'd hit G13. It's a leveling/progression game.... so obviously character leveling/gearing is going to increase. I'd rather have G13 with relics than have G13+5.
  • Swgoh gearing process is like a race, those who pay the most money reach the end first but then they must sit at the end line and wait for the f2p to catch up. Once you hear a character to g12+5 now you can't go further, then everyone gets 12+5 so you're stuck on the same level. Then g13 come and they push the throttle and get the pieces, but then they need to sit there and have nothing more to do until the f2p get the pieces too.

But this relic thing is basically a way for the whales to pull ahead and just keep going, the race has no end so they will only pull further and further ahead until f2p are out of sight.

Mark my words, the game has never seen ANYTHING as p2w as this relic system, f2p will never catch up even on a single squad for arena, this is officially the death of f2p in arena. Not only that, bit relics are so fine-tuned that they will show the difference between spending levels, if you're a dolphin you'll only get so far, a whale will push a bit further, the kraken will go even further than that, basically a system where people can flex their wallets, it's a competition system for whales to see who can spend the most and of course the only one who wins is the devs.

We haven’t seen the relic system either. The history of the game is against you. Every new thing was supposed to drive f2p and longer tenured players away. They haven’t.

There is this insane feeling of the game collapsing right away. Idk if it’s because we all play so much and if the game is dead we have no excuse to play anymore. It’s nuts. Swgoh is really good at retaining players. And I have no data on new players. But judging by top hats comments about trying to make it easier for new players I’m sure they would like more.

sir i concur!

also if i do leave which i don't think i will, it will be because of mods.

i hate mods so much they help cheating, they make destroy the lore of character strength, massive time consumption and speed really only matters lol.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Its not a feeling of collapse it simply is. They keep adding more and more grind mechanics but not content to make it worth while. So yes the game is still dying till they wake up and listen for once....

So, would you rather have new content first and the tools needed to beat it later? I prefer getting the relics now and the content tuned for them somewhere down the road.

Gear tiers are a mess. Ideally - g8-g10 would need a certain set of gear.
    G10-12 another.

It’s all so convoluted. Instead of flights stairs we have a weird road map of going down to go back up to go back down to go back up.

I am hoping that these relics are a more straightforward tier progression. I think it’s a way for cg to fix with the current spot they are in.

The game is a grind it will always be a grind. If it stops being a grind then the game is truly dead. There is no mountain top here.

As someone with a very fluffed roster now focusing on one team at a time the results are great. I have a surplus of omegas and gear than I ever had.

It’s all about how you think. Love the grind and complain about it with your guildies. I promise your outlook will be different. Anticipate the frustration of “catching up” and know that it is false.
  • HadToDoIt wrote: »
    Swgoh gearing process is like a race, those who pay the most money reach the end first but then they must sit at the end line and wait for the f2p to catch up. Once you hear a character to g12+5 now you can't go further, then everyone gets 12+5 so you're stuck on the same level. Then g13 come and they push the throttle and get the pieces, but then they need to sit there and have nothing more to do until the f2p get the pieces too.

sir i concur!

also if i do leave which i don't think i will, it will be because of mods.

i hate mods so much they help cheating, they make destroy the lore of character strength, massive time consumption and speed really only matters lol.

It may be hard to believe but mods are the best things for players. It allows you to customize your toons. Make weaker/lower geared toons better at a low cost with more time to configure and restructure.

My advice for players that see mods as a struggle or the biggest struggle for them is to farm them more. And to remember for every 1 great mod you have there are 50-100 that won’t help you at all and to sell them.

Adding mod and ship energy towards 600 will help with this. And it’s something the devs have discussed about doing.
  • 4.7M GP here and I'm done. It's not because I can't keep up, as I do OK despite being F2P. It's that I can't think of anything about this game that's fun to do anymore. Geo TB is a drag, GAC is just the same 5 or 6 teams every time, arena has been a meta vs. meta grind for like a year, and everything else is just simming.

I understand that gearing is a necessary evil in games like this, but that's basically all we can focus on now. Most days now it feels like no progress has been made at all unless you get lucky enough to get a few kyrotechs to drop. That stinks.

My prediction is that all this relic system is going to do is further separate the haves from the have nots. And even if it doesn't, I don't want to have to consult spreadsheets to play a mobile game. I already have a job and at least that pays me.
  • What about the new abilities you said some characters would be getting?
  • Picard wrote: »
    4.7M GP here and I'm done. It's not because I can't keep up, as I do OK despite being F2P. It's that I can't think of anything about this game that's fun to do anymore. Geo TB is a drag, GAC is just the same 5 or 6 teams every time, arena has been a meta vs. meta grind for like a year, and everything else is just simming.

I understand that gearing is a necessary evil in games like this, but that's basically all we can focus on now. Most days now it feels like no progress has been made at all unless you get lucky enough to get a few kyrotechs to drop. That stinks.

My prediction is that all this relic system is going to do is further separate the haves from the have nots. And even if it doesn't, I don't want to have to consult spreadsheets to play a mobile game. I already have a job and at least that pays me.

Sorry to see you go. I took a break for a few months too. What helped me when I came back was stepping away from arena. I’m happy with 99-10 pending if I get to play. And being able to move payout time was a great move. I know this wasn’t one of your complaints but it’s what helped me.

New content will come as it always does. I think devs just needed to prioritize this stuff first. Oh and if you do leave and decide to come back don’t feel bad about it. And don’t think you really missed anything.

I left when sion and visas were implemented. Nbd. Just took me a little longer to get traya.
    4.7M GP here and I'm done. It's not because I can't keep up, as I do OK despite being F2P. It's that I can't think of anything about this game that's fun to do anymore. Geo TB is a drag, GAC is just the same 5 or 6 teams every time, arena has been a meta vs. meta grind for like a year, and everything else is just simming.

Sorry to see you go. I took a break for a few months too. What helped me when I came back was stepping away from arena. I’m happy with 99-10 pending if I get to play. And being able to move payout time was a great move. I know this wasn’t one of your complaints but it’s what helped me.

New content will come as it always does. I think devs just needed to prioritize this stuff first. Oh and if you do leave and decide to come back don’t feel bad about it. And don’t think you really missed anything.

I left when sion and visas were implemented. Nbd. Just took me a little longer to get traya.

Thanks. Who knows, this may just be a break but honestly if it wasn't for my guild I would've left sooner.
    Picard wrote: »

Thanks. Who knows, this may just be a break but honestly if it wasn't for my guild I would've left sooner.

I think that statement resonates with a lot of people. Gluck!
  • Maebalzurakin
    170 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    The creatives behind this game are starting to make Rian Johnson look like he has good ideas.

I get how some characters have legendary weapons. Most of the characters in this game don't. Are we really going to be upgrading the 'relic stick of the random jawa'?
  • Didn't they state relics would give new character abilities?
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    I only have one question. Is every character going to have a relic?
  • Beyol wrote: »

Yes.
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Beyol wrote: »

Yes.

Wampa it is then.
  • Why don’t they open this up at G12? Enough players have enough G12 characters at this point to make it interesting, but it’s still a tough grind and an accomplishment to turn a toon gold.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    Why don’t they open this up at G12? Enough players have enough G12 characters at this point to make it interesting, but it’s still a tough grind and an accomplishment to turn a toon gold.

Because they want to cash in the g12 finishers (g13).

The grind for it is so horrible and boring that everyone only have 3 possible options:
    - pay
    - quit
    - simply don't care and stay at your rithm and overcome the extreme chore of farming infinite itens to develop 1 char every month.

Like most of player base choose the 3rd option, for obvious reasons, and they want the first option to rise.... here comes another power upgrade with fancy name and mechanic.... that REQUIRES g13... and will work like a new gear level or a new star level.
  • All these additions are cool and all. But where is Hondo at?
  • CamaroAMF wrote: »
    It’s no different than the existing gear progression system. P2P will only be able to go so far before they hit a cap. Then F2P will have some time to catch up.

How is it ultra P2W?

each relic starts with 7 levels, each with six pieces. You have to know it won't be easier to get to the seventh star than it is to get to g13. They even show it needing kyro-tech pieces. The is just a new hamster wheel while most f2p players have barely begun to spin the first wheel.
    there is no catching up.
  • AceCV wrote: »
    Why don’t they open this up at G12? Enough players have enough G12 characters at this point to make it interesting, but it’s still a tough grind and an accomplishment to turn a toon gold.

Because they want to cash in the g12 finishers (g13).

The grind for it is so horrible and boring that everyone only have 3 possible options:
    - pay
    - quit
    - simply don't care and stay at your rithm and overcome the extreme chore of farming infinite itens to develop 1 char every month.

Like most of player base choose the 3rd option, for obvious reasons, and they want the first option to rise.... here comes another power upgrade with fancy name and mechanic.... that REQUIRES g13... and will work like a new gear level or a new star level.

how do you get a character to gear 13 in a month?
  • ottomaddux
    490 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Beyol wrote: »

what is CUP's relic?
    besides... meta shifting!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    It’s no different than the existing gear progression system. P2P will only be able to go so far before they hit a cap. Then F2P will have some time to catch up.

How is it ultra P2W?

Do you even play swgoh? You like like someone who has never played the game. Take a look at gear for say, Padme, then understand that people who can G13 her as well as 70 others will be able to rock anyone no matter how long they have played the game, no matter how good of a "F2p" player they are. Its getting too whale heavy, which will cause the game to continue to topple over. Whales need F2P to beat, if too many F2p leave, whales leave, its whats happened to other games, and it is what will happen with Swgoh.

Of course then you have the blind people who say "Games not dying" ect. The same people who said the same things about all the countless games that HAVE died in the past. MANY games have died with these same people saying the same things, defending the devs dirt they walk on underneath the devs tiny feet.

But not lets pretend constructive criticism doesn't exist, lets pretend the game doesn't exist right now because we love our guilds and friends in game, and if not for them countless players would quit on the spot.

When this game does die, the devs will be cheering cause they milked spenders for every penny, the devs love the fact that they can make normal people go bankrupt inrl cause of their addictions, the devs love when children get their parents cards to charge money on.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Its getting to the point where you'd have to play f2p for more years then the game has existed, to catch up to where people are now. Yet alone any new progression.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

How is it ultra P2W?

Do you even play swgoh? You like like someone who has never played the game. Take a look at gear for say, Padme, then understand that people who can G13 her as well as 70 others will be able to rock anyone no matter how long they have played the game, no matter how good of a "F2p" player they are. Its getting too whale heavy, which will cause the game to continue to topple over. Whales need F2P to beat, if too many F2p leave, whales leave, its whats happened to other games, and it is what will happen with Swgoh.

Of course then you have the blind people who say "Games not dying" ect. The same people who said the same things about all the countless games that HAVE died in the past. MANY games have died with these same people saying the same things, defending the devs dirt they walk on underneath the devs tiny feet.

But not lets pretend constructive criticism doesn't exist, lets pretend the game doesn't exist right now because we love our guilds and friends in game, and if not for them countless players would quit on the spot.

When this game does die, the devs will be cheering cause they milked spenders for every penny, the devs love the fact that they can make normal people go bankrupt inrl cause of their addictions, the devs love when children get their parents cards to charge money on.

I agree to some degree, however your take enters the territory of statistics, playing population and economics as well...where we as players are mostly blind at. Only thing we can see is approx. values of revenue which is unstable for the last few months and our subjective opinions what each change causes. However this game is not like your other average mobile game either. I've read many f2p model mobile market analysis pieces over the years. This game survived beyond the natural arc most fast burners goes through.

There may be multiple reasons for this, the IP, game being decently f2p friendly for a long time while also being capable of monetization etc. It's not like the game can stop milking spenders and encouraging spending though. And the possible extend of what can be done with the initial template is somewhat limited, I'm not saying it's fully explored, just that most of us old timers are naturally getting bored/disillusioned with it regardless of what the designer did/could have done almost 4 years into the drill now.

Lastly game is always bleeding, any new thing will result in it bleed more while not taking in enough new players. But it also has so much blood to afford that too. It's all damage control, all the time. I don't know if you remember the -droid caller- change they did way back while some have hoarded if before the change. That's the first -game is dying- discussion I can recall. We won't ever know the financial figure baseline where they can't afford to let it float. We'll know when it's dead. I doubt either of us will be here to come back to this chatter by that time xD.

Here's a guestimate active population figure going by the bottom numbers of divisions I've seen so far, it's somewhere along 1-2M accounts.
This discussion has been closed.