Vet Smuggler Move

Prev1
Nihion
3340 posts Member
I never cared to farm them. I’m lucky.

For those that did, I assume this feels like a slap in the face. It could also be a move to ease the farm for newer players, which I guess is nice.

Share your thoughts below.

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Have them both at 7 stars and I dont care 1 bit.
  • It is sufficiently long ago I don't care. If you have just been the first or second kid on the block to get a new toy then they start going cheap it is annoying. When you have worn said toy out and got newer shinier ones then so what. Still good unlock and useful in numerous places but hardly what it was.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Not a slap in the face. I actually like it. Sure... the vets were possibly the most annoying toons to farm since I started playing. But they were needed for the meta at the time so it made sense for them to be difficult farms.

Now that JTR isn't as important, it's completely logical for their farms to become easier for newer players.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Not a slap in the face. I actually like it. Sure... the vets were possibly the most annoying toons to farm since I started playing. But they were needed for the meta at the time so it made sense for them to be difficult farms.

Now that JTR isn't as important, it's completely logical for their farms to become easier for newer players.

I wonder if JTR will be needed for fallen rey?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

Cant make money off of that:P

Also none of us have watched it.

Theres no context behind it and it could easily be a marketing trick to get people curious
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Cant make money off of that:P

Also none of us have watched it.

Theres no context behind it and it could easily be a marketing trick to get people curious

Well JTR would be a part of the team needed, much like scavrey was need for jtr along with the vets.

And marketing ploys always equal more money.
  • I am half way at 6 stars on 2nd vet,this is a good change,even if i had finished them both,things should become easier after long time.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Alright cool, so we’re all okay with it. Thanks for your thoughts, again I have no idea what it’s like since I waited on them.
  • They've been slowly moving characters off of 8 anyway to make room for other things - Brood Alpha and the Ebon Hawk. Once that started happening, it seemed inevitable that the vets would eventually be moved too.
  • Monel wrote: »

There wont be a fallen Rey
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member

I'd bet solid money that the "dark rey" in the trailer is a dream sequence or something stupid like that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

I'd bet solid money that the "dark rey" in the trailer is a dream sequence or something stupid like that.

Stupid like Luke facing off against Vader on Dagobah and seeing his own face in the mask?
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

Stupid like Luke facing off against Vader on Dagobah and seeing his own face in the mask?

I'll clarify: the "stupid" part is that there's a 2-second scene in the trailer that's clearly meant to make you go "ZOMG REY ARE GUNSTA TURN EVALZ?!" when that's almost certainly not what's going to happen.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

I'll clarify: the "stupid" part is that there's a 2-second scene in the trailer that's clearly meant to make you go "ZOMG REY ARE GUNSTA TURN EVALZ?!" when that's almost certainly not what's going to happen.

Probably Rey wandering around an old Palpatine vault and activating random items as she passes through.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Probably Rey wandering around an old Palpatine vault and activating random items as she passes through.

You know, like a responsible person.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    For those that did, I assume this feels like a slap in the face.

Most overused phrase today....some people think everything in the world is a "slap in the face". Why would anyone care that they farmed the Vets a long time ago and now someone can use 12 energy nodes instead of 16 energy nodes to farm them?

A responsible person would have finished training on dagobah, a responsible person would have let mace kill palpatine.
  • How is making them easier to farm a bad thing?
  • Its not, some may be salty about having spent alot more energy for them but over all its a good move.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Okay, @Kyno you can close this. I guess I shouldn’t make assumptions anymore.
    Okay, @Kyno you can close this. I guess I shouldn’t make assumptions anymore.

Did you expect a dumpster fire?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

A responsible person would have finished training on dagobah, a responsible person would have let mace kill palpatine.

Dagobah Training: Left because he was naive and wanted to save his friends
    Letting Mace Kill Palpatine: Internal conflict. Mace kills Palpatine, Jedi = Hypocrisy.
    Randomly touching objects: ...is still a young child?

Letting Mace Kill Palpatine: Internal conflict. Mace kills Palpatine, Jedi = Hypocrisy.

Point remains, irresponsibility is a staple in starwars.
    Alright cool, so we’re all okay with it. Thanks for your thoughts, again I have no idea what it’s like since I waited on them.

Are you telling me that you haven't farmed a single 16 energy Cantina character? No GBA, Death Trooper, Mission, or Sith Trooper?
  • Monel wrote: »

What? It's just a vision, will probably get a minute of screen time at best.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Are you telling me that you haven't farmed a single 16 energy Cantina character? No GBA, Death Trooper, Mission, or Sith Trooper?

I have. But they haven’t been moved down yet.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

But you can see that they are different scenarios, right?

To be fair, I’m pretty sure that’s not what’s going on with the Dark Rey thing, and she’s not very irresponsible.

But you can see that they are different scenarios, right?

To be fair, I’m pretty sure that’s not what’s going on with the Dark Rey thing, and she’s not very irresponsible.

Of course its different, the whole point is that its not outside the box for a starwars character to made silly decisions