Night sister zombie

So I keep getting stuck in arena and war on NS teams because I can't figure them out. If the zombie dies, she revives, seemingly infinitely. If I manage to get around her taunt long enough to kill someone else, they revive! Even if I kill the zombie with Boba Fett's execute, it still comes back. How do I take this team out?

Replies

• Once there is no taunt on Zombie, kill the weakest NS twice (usually AV), because the first two times you defeat a nightsister, zombie dies instead. Then kill Daka and start picking the team apart. You ideally need fracture/buff immunity/shock on zombie.

If you have the Triumvirate, isolate zombie and start anihilating them (don't use anihilate on zombie, she revives no matter what).
  • If you are using Boba Fett you can execute any other nightsister and they won't revive, rest is explained above.
  • Also, AOE is your friend. This is why Troopers fair so well against NS.
  • So after 2 non-zombie kills they stay dead? Does the zombie keep reviving? Also, does it have to be the same night sister that dies twice?
  • So after 2 non-zombie kills they stay dead? Does the zombie keep reviving? Also, does it have to be the same night sister that dies twice?

They stay dead unless they are revived by Daka or by a finishing blow with Talzin's lead or 2nd special ability (read Talzin's kit to understand this fully). No it does not need to be the same Sister that dies twice, but focusing on 1 (Daka) is generally a good idea. Also, Zombie will revive infinitely.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Step 1: Kill or dispel zombie to remove taunt
    Step 2: Kill another sister twice to expend zombie's auto-revives (usually Ventress is the squishiest)
    Step 3: Kill Daka
    Step 4: Kill Ventress and Talzin (preferably in that order, but killing Talzin first is fine if it stops her from getting a turn)
    Step 5: Kill the 4th and finally zombie

You may need to kill the zombie once after burning its auto-revives to nerf its speed and prevent it from taunting again. You also need to be careful if Talzin has her unique zeta, as it will give her extra turn meter several times while you're wearing them down.

AOEs are huge, as has already been mentioned. Bringing a healer to deal with Plague also helps a ton - you can't dispel Plague, but healing to full health removes it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• btw it's all said in the nightsister zombie kit, you can read it by yourself
  • As stated, pull up the characters & read the ability descriptions to get a full detail but here is the basics.

1. Zombie will always Auto-Rez herself as long as another NS is alive.

2. Daka will always Rez other NS with her special.

3. Zombie will sacrifice herself, and then Auto-Rez herself, to resurrect the first 2 other NS deaths but only the first 2 times another NS dies, any of them, or the same one twice, but first 2 deaths Zombie will Rez them.
    **NOTE: Don't bother trying to CC Zombie any more than a dispel of taunt. When she sacrifices any debuffs are gone when she Auto-Rez herself.

4. When Zombie dies she gets a slow down debuff, after 2 deaths in a row she gets REAL slow.

So basic strategies to kill them are listed previously by others.

My normal strat is to see if 1 NS happens to look a lot weaker than the others.
    If so, then dispel taunt if you can & kill that weak NS 2x in a row to get through Zombies freebies.

Also, look to Crowd Control Daka somehow, Stun/Fracture, etc etc.
    Her Heals/Stuns/Rezes get annoying when your already dealing w/ Zombie & weakest NS.

Once Zombie is slow, and Daka is CC'd, & some NS has been killed 2x, the hard part is over.

At that point just kill Daka & the rest then finally Zombie again.

They are a pain & as stated, teams that have AE's & lots of assists are a Huge plus.

• Yeah, I read the zombie but it seemed to me that each time she died she gets the speed nerfed, then on the third kill she should stay dead but it doesn't work that way. So I came here. Thanks for the clarifications!
  • Been tearing up nightsister teams after all this! Just needed that but explained which is why this site is better than swgoh.gg, it just lists everything with no clarifications.
  • Yeah, the other unique ability on nightsister zombie explains why she doesn't stay dead, it just unlocks at gear 10 to force people to gear her up as she used to be good at any level.
  • So I keep getting stuck in arena and war on NS teams because I can't figure them out. If the zombie dies, she revives, seemingly infinitely. If I manage to get around her taunt long enough to kill someone else, they revive! Even if I kill the zombie with Boba Fett's execute, it still comes back. How do I take this team out?

Read their kits.

- Zombie revives when there is another NS ally present
    - Zombie auto revives a defeated NS twice
    -MT lead revives dead NS on basic and then die unless the enemy was defeated
    - Daka can revive any NS with her special
    - MT mass assist ability will revive all dead NS if it results in an enemy kill

Btw, they're not as OP as you think.

Btw Imperial troopers are their kryptonite

But also JKR, DR, GEOS, CLONES, PADME, GG ect.
  • So I keep getting stuck in arena and war on NS teams because I can't figure them out. If the zombie dies, she revives, seemingly infinitely. If I manage to get around her taunt long enough to kill someone else, they revive! Even if I kill the zombie with Boba Fett's execute, it still comes back. How do I take this team out?

So... Zombie is one of the only characters that can't be killed by annihilates, deathmark, etc. You have to kill the other NS before killing zombie. However, there is a mechanic you have to utilize to do that. Zombie has a unique buff, horde, where the speed is changed at different rates, -100%, -50%, 0, +50%, +100% speed.

You will see this by either a green (positive) or red (negative) horde icon. If you don't see a horde icon, then zombies speed is unaffected.

You want to keep this horde buff in the red as often as you can. You typically will have to follow a pretty specific kill order to take down NS, especially well modded teams.

1. Get zombie down to -100% speed
    2. Kill 2 NS (killing any NS besides zombie resets the horse buff to 0).
    3. Get zombie back to -100% speed
    4. Kill all NS, daka first.
    5. Kill zombie.

Beware of ventress because she gains huge damage numbers bases on the number of deaths in the match. Mother Talzin lead can be especially frustrating because dead NS can be revived if they kill you with their basic. If you don't have a healer or someone to make sure weak characters are protected, this can be a huge risk. Lastly, you should always try to kill daka first because she can revive NS allies.
  • I usually find Talia to be the squishiest.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Or use Boba to execute someone else. He ignores taunt anyway. Then the zombie revive doesn't happen.
  • Yeah, but I've found that Boba's execute doesn't count towards killing 2 night sisters to stop the revives. I've found just normally killing them works better. Unless Daka does her thing and **** me off.
  • If you execute Zombie no, but if you target say Asajj or Daka and execute them, then your two biggest problems are gone.