501 clones bug caused battle to hang, and 5s is still alive after dying first

Ornoktree
26 posts Member
edited August 2019
I encountered this in my current GA. Used Sith Triumvirate vs Shaak Ti clones with the 3 501 clones (zeta only on 5s) and zCody. They were destroying themselves attacking out of turn. 5s died first, then I killed Rex. Echo moved and then the battle just hung until timer ran out. This would have been a walk in the park, but now may cost me the round!

@CG_SBCrumb could you and the devs please look into this? Thanks.

o41q4g4qbvb5.jpg
xgfqjfsdhkbc.jpg
Post edited by Ornoktree on

Replies

• This happens sometimes with multiple teams, in multiple modes. A few updates ago they added tools to help them figure out why this happens
  • First time I've encountered this. In Grand Arena where it's supposed to be competitive and fighting for those elusive zetas and promotion to Kyber, you understand if people get frustrated when these things happen when it's unintended.
  • Yeah its a pain, im just leting you know its a known thing
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    They execured Order 69.

Freezes your phone for the rest of the battle
  • 5t73qs7dvvjn.jpg
    Ok, so more evidence that this may be a specific bug with 5s. You can see in my screenshots in the battle that there's only Shaak Ti, Echo and Cody left. But in the main screen (above screenshot), 5s is still alive with a sliver of health, and only Rex is dead.

In the battle, 5s died first, then Rex, so there should not be a reason for his unique to be triggered. Regardless, there is obviously a bug here specific to the 501 clones. I hope the devs can address and fix this @CG_SBCrumb
  • So I've changed the title of my post now, as my screenshots show an obvious bug(s) in the 501 reworks. The 2 problems encountered:
    1. 5s died first, then Rex, then battle hung. At the end in the main screen, 5s is still alive.
    2. The battle hung. Not a game crash due to poor internet connection or some other thing.
  • This happens in geo tb also.
  • Happens in lots of battles with lots of characters. It seems like you are trying to convey this as an unorthodox scenario when, in reality, this has happened countless times before - myself included (ships and squad battles).

I have not had an issue since I went from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone XR. Maybe some of the developers more-recent posts about legacy devices may relate to you?

Shame that your GAC was affected.. that’s a bummer :/
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    Happens in lots of battles with lots of characters. It seems like you are trying to convey this as an unorthodox scenario when, in reality, this has happened countless times before - myself included (ships and squad battles).

I have not had an issue since I went from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone XR. Maybe some of the developers more-recent posts about legacy devices may relate to you?

I believed this until I got a new galaxy s10 and the battles crash just as often as they did on my 4 year old device...

Actually they crash more often now.
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    Happens in lots of battles with lots of characters. It seems like you are trying to convey this as an unorthodox scenario when, in reality, this has happened countless times before - myself included (ships and squad battles).

Do you have a link to the other posts that document this issue in such a detail? Often all I hear is game crashing, but that could mean a lot of things to different people.

Also, if it happens in Geo TB, you may not know what really happens. Here, there is definite screen shot evidence showing that there's something wrong with the programming or interaction of 5s, at the least, with the rest. Because 5s has died in battle, but somehow not registered and so on main screen it shows he still has red health. So maybe that's what caused the battle to hang.

I've been using Samsung S9 for over 6 months, and haven't had such an issue in any of the other game modes, till now.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    This is new to me. I’be seen hanging battles before... I’ve seen revive bugs before... what I have not seen, is a defeated character “in game” showing up as still alive after the battle.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    This is new to me. I’be seen hanging battles before... I’ve seen revive bugs before... what I have not seen, is a defeated character “in game” showing up as still alive after the battle.

Yeah the hanging battles isnt new, but the born again fives is.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    I've heard that if you spam tap an enemy target, sometimes the buttons can come back.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Please report bugs and issues to Answers HQ.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>