Rey’s Lightsaber (Spoiler?)

If you’ve seen the trailer, great!

Anybody notice Dark Rey’s lightsaber is the same type as the Temple Guards in Rebels?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Dude
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Darth wrote: »
    After the atrocious The Last Jedi and Solo Movie who gives a rats ****?!?!???

I do! Yeah, I thought Solo was terrible, and TLJ was disappointing, but I'm still excited for Ep9. I had a great time in the theater at TLJ even though the movie wasn't that great, and that's what going to the movies is all about. I don't expect Ep9 to be a fantastic film, but I do expect to have an enjoyable experience when I go see it, that's something to look forward to.
    You must otherwise you wouldnt have clicked on this post.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Solo movie > tfa
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

I do! Yeah, I thought Solo was terrible, and TLJ was disappointing, but I'm still excited for Ep9. I had a great time in the theater at TLJ even though the movie wasn't that great, and that's what going to the movies is all about. I don't expect Ep9 to be a fantastic film, but I do expect to have an enjoyable experience when I go see it, that's something to look forward to.

Couldn't have said it better. It doesn't need to be mind-blowingly awesome to be enjoyable.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Darth wrote: »

Snap son

Snap son

My thoughts exactly.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Couldn't have said it better. It doesn't need to be mind-blowingly awesome to be enjoyable.

But was TLJ honestly enjoyable? I hate TLJ beyond belief, but I'll be the first to admit that it definitely had enjoyable moments, but ultimately was not an enjoyable of likeable film for me, and many, many others.
  • Ezra Bridger had a combination blaster/lightsaber.
    60401-1532336916.jpg

Inquisitors had spinning twin blade lightsabers that they sometimes used as helicopters.
    source.gif

Kylo Ren had a highly unstable lightsaber with exhaust ports that looked like some kind of hand guard for that extra special cool factor
    crossguard-625x350.jpg

Now Rey wants to have a twin blade folding lightsaber that seems impossible to use in the folded configuration? Okay whatever, fine with me. Let the innovation continue.

My favorite is the basic, traditional design. An elegant weapon from a more civilized age.
    latest?cb=20130520172016

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Sebek wrote: »
    I love every Star Wars Movie or Series and like almost all Star Wars Canon Books/Comics and Games.
    And i thing EP9 will be the best movie of Star Wars so far.

I have to ask, are you a troll? :smiley:
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    I love every Star Wars Movie or Series and like almost all Star Wars Canon Books/Comics and Games.

No

Sorry, just though i'd check.

I praise your optimism about E9, although I certainly do not share it.
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

No

I have to ask, are you lying? :smiley:

Snap son

We concur
  • What's a Rey?
  • Now Rey wants to have a twin blade folding lightsaber that seems impossible to use in the folded configuration? Okay whatever, fine with me. Let the innovation continue.
    This is nothing new.

Legends had a storied history of some astonishingly dumb lightsabers.

The protosaber, which had a big, vulnerable extension cord going to an external battery.

49ywtjyw0acw.jpg

The guard shoto, which is just begging to remove your elbows as it guards your forearm with the part of the weapon that cannot block a lightsaber.

ex1uqf4n07eh.jpg

And of course, let's not forget...

96zli58leguj.jpg

...implant lightsabers. Because if having one lightsaber is cool, apparently using eight at once is cooler. Or at least ninetieser.

If anything, the ST has calmed down on the weird lightsabers.
    Still not a he.
  • MagicMatthews99
    1124 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    The guard shoto, which is just begging to remove your elbows as it guards your forearm with the part of the weapon that cannot block a lightsaber.

ex1uqf4n07eh.jpg[/quote]

Hey, I love Maris Brood's lightsaber tonfas. Leave them out of this.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Hey, I love Maris Brood's lightsaber tonfas. Leave them out of this.
    Feel free to love them. They're still very silly and impractical.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Tell that to the ninja dudes in Asia who use tonfas for self-defence. Also, they can be used as normal lightsabers if you just held them like a normal saber.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

Tell that to the ninja dudes in Asia who use tonfas for self-defence. Also, they can be used as normal lightsabers if you just held them like a normal saber.

But in light saber form they do seem rediculous...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

ex1uqf4n07eh.jpg

Hey, I love Maris Brood's lightsaber tonfas. Leave them out of this.[/quote]

I agree her sabers are bad ****, but also the length of the hilt needs to be a touch longer, or the user will remove their own elbows.

Having said that, it still would be practical to use, and is certainly one of the cooler lightsaber adaptions.

As for Rey's folding saber, it is the same design as the temple guards - which are already cannon.

People can hate of the ST all they want, but please do it for the right reasons. Rey's saber isn't one of them.