GAC Problems Solved (collision/points)

Prev1
BobcatSkywalker
2194 posts Member
edited September 2019
1. People collude in GA to get 64 points setting weak defenses
2. People set only 1 defense limiting another progress
3. Only 4 ga, doesn't give winners a advantage it just rewards lucky matching (only 4 matches)
4. GA is boring only 3 days we fight but it lasts 8 days
5. People join but dont fully join missing out on ga.

I've solved all these issues

1. Reduce GA to 4 days day 1 is join and set defenses , days 2 to 4 are attack days each day is a new match.
2. Autofill all unset defenses at end of day 1 so all players set max defenses.
3. Reduce all points by 50% to keep leagues and progression levels, we could get 2x as many ga so all else stays equal but there are 8 matches in a GAC now so the top people will be more likely top players not just people who got lucky in 3 or 4 weeks in a row. Now they need 7 or 8 weeks of luck matchmaking to be at the top.

This will eliminate the collusion where people set lvl1 g1 defenses because they will be set for all of the ga so no 2 players can collude to both set weak D in one matchup of a GA.

DEVS should consider this layout it would solve a lot of what's wrong with GA.

Replies

• @CG_SBCrumb @Kyno can u consider/pass along the above

It would make GA much much better and more fun for players since there would be something to do everyday.

Currently GA drags out of a whole week and most days are just waiting for opponent to set defenses or waiting for players to pm you back so u can collude and get max points, neither of which are healthy for the game.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    No
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes it would be more fun to actually play and the changes proposed eliminate a lot of the colluding, unless u prefer to collude and cheat setting lvl 1 defenses and just sending 1 toon to kill everything so u get best rewards.

Is that really even fun tho? How long is that sustainable?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I agree we need more to do in game, but you are proposing more work for the same rewards, which already feel a little light.

• Oh yes, let's make it so we can't change our defenses when facing a new opponent.

Because that definitely wouldn't screw over everyone who has to strategize.
  • So, just quickly for your three easy and effective solutions:

1. I face a lot of people in GA who have better roster's than I do, and an important part of having a chance at winning is being able to personalise what you use where in order to take them on. It is a gamemode based in strategy, and to be honest, I'm not sure I have encountered very many matches in all of GA where it was impossible for me to win. I have lost lots, but that's different. The defense setting stage each time is necessary.

2. They already do this for people who set no defenses and it really annoys the opposition, because whilst there isn't necessarily much synergy, you are immediately faced against the strongest part of someone's roster. I may be misinterpreting you here, but if someone does that against someone they haven't "colluded" with, surely that person then suffers from an inevitable loss of banners?

3. I agree with Kyno here, and also: we are just starting our first non-exhibition GAC, they have let a lot to be desired in many respects, but you can't know how accurate or inaccurate the rankings will serve to be until the end of the first one at least, they run exhibitions and tweak things for a reason.

All in all, not trying to be rude or anything, so sorry if it comes along as aggressive, but the different parts of the game are usually there for a reason, just taking away things you don't use or like isn't necessarily going to make things smoother on the whole. There's room for improvement, but it needs something more subtle than just broad stroke solutions, as they invariably open up new problems, like some I suggested. Good to come up with them though, see how people respond.
  • I disagree with OP's solutions, but do agree with his complaints. Here are some alternative ideas.

Collusion - people set one toon on defence or weak toons.

Fix - full squads on defence are mandatory. Further, based on your division a toon power minimum is set (similar to TW).

Issue - collusion can still happen and non lead toons can be put in leadership spot and no synergy teams can be placed. Still with the two proposed changes it may prove more difficult to give free offensive points to your opponent.

The idea to speed up GAC is something I disagree with. I enjoy a day to familiarize myself with each opponent's roster (mods, speed, squads, etc). Just wish I was able to put together better strategies with all that information!
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I disagree that strategies should be personalized each week this allows for collusion.

your defense should be your defense against all competition in the ga tournament and your offense should be what u plan to use on offense.

There's no argument against this as being unfair it's just some would rather personalize their defense each round but that allows hey set all lvl 1 teams for me and I'll do same for you type behavior which impacts everyone in that whole division!

Defense should be fixed for the 3 round GA Tournament to make it equal within that GA. if you want to change it you could do so every 4 days. That's my view.

It's more work if playing the game is work...i agree it is more attacking which is the actual fun part of the game for most people.
  • No thanks.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I will never be for taking away my ability to personalize each round of defense. That's a main component to my success.
  • I disagree that strategies should be personalized each week this allows for collusion.

your defense should be your defense against all competition in the ga tournament and your offense should be what u plan to use on offense.

There's no argument against this as being unfair it's just some would rather personalize their defense each round but that allows hey set all lvl 1 teams for me and I'll do same for you type behavior which impacts everyone in that whole division!

Defense should be fixed for the 3 round GA Tournament to make it equal within that GA. if you want to change it you could do so every 4 days. That's my view.

It's more work if playing the game is work...i agree it is more attacking which is the actual fun part of the game for most people.

I couldn’t agree less with your same defence for all 3 rounds idea.

You maybe don’t bother looking at your opponent’s roster before each round, but I am certain the players at the top end of each leaderboard do.

Do you think all guilds should have fixed TW defences that get placed every time as well?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Regarding OP's point 3:

That solution would probably result in twice as many discussions with players complaining about matchmaking, because the effect of leagues will take twice as long time to kick in.

Point 1:
    Horrible idea. Removes one of the fun strategic aspects of GAC.
  • Hell no
  • Well community is in favor of more clusion and manipulation of the system.

We definitely need to keep the 24 hour pm me if you want to set all level 1 defenses to both get 64 points "personalized" ga round defenses for those who want to collude and cheat the system.

No wonder devs dont go after the actual cheaters they have programmed how to cheat and get away with it into the game and that's what most people support.

Long live cheating!!!!

We definitely need to keep the 24 hour pm me if you want to set all level 1 defenses to both get 64 points "personalized" ga round defenses for those who want to collude and cheat the system.

No wonder devs dont go after the actual cheaters they have programmed how to cheat and get away with it into the game and that's what most people support.

Long live cheating!!!!

These are the ramblings of the deranged.

Your implication that people are only using the 24 hour defence setting period to collude with others so they can get 64 point wins is so wide of the mark I’m not sure you would even know where the mark was.

This has never happened to me, nor anyone in my guild or shard chat. Has anyone made this offer to you?
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Well community is in favor of more clusion and manipulation of the system.

Long live cheating!!!!

Just because we want to set defences based on an opponent doesn’t mean we want collusion, frankly, I don’t really care if others collude, as it doesn’t impact me in a meaningful way, it does irk me a bit that people don’t get in the spirit of the game. I have never set partial defences, colluded, set deliberately weak teams to give an opponent an edge. I play to win, and I do well - I lost one round (the very last one) in the exhibition and that was by one point. I fight hard, and I analyse my opponent’s roster *every single time*. I wouldn’t bother doing it at all if it was just a generic defence - there is just no point- there’s no longer any tactics. I don’t do a TW without having a look at some of the opposing guild’s roster either.

Maybe if you did the same you’d be less upset about GAC.

Long live cheating!!!!

How many people do you actually think collude in GAC? I have never had anyone offer me this option, have not heard it from any guild mates or any of the streamers mention it. Why are we trying to solve a nearly non-existent problem?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • All good if it didnt happen to you, then we can be sure it never happened and doesn't exist. No one ever sets just 1 defense to screw others after they lost round 1... no one colludes to both get max or near max points possible with trash rosters.

I need to take my meds I'm delusional psychotic and crazy telling people how to prevent problems that aren't even problems like 1 defense and collusion.

Rambalagabhlabi!!!
  • People setting 1 defense is a problem. Hopefully CG have the time to add a solution to this as soon as possible.

People colluding to set weak defense is not a problem. No rational actor would ever consciously choose to set a weak defense and risk their opponent not reciprocating. If people that are doing that (and there's no evidence that anyone is) they are nothing to worry about on the leaderboards because maybe they'll maybe get lucky once or twice and meet someone that's as silly as they are, but they will very quickly come across someone with a brain that doesn't honour that agreement and sets their normal defense to ensure a win.
  • People setting 1 defense is a problem. Hopefully CG have the time to add a solution to this as soon as possible.

People colluding to set weak defense is not a problem. No rational actor would ever consciously choose to set a weak defense and risk their opponent not reciprocating. If people that are doing that (and there's no evidence that anyone is) they are nothing to worry about on the leaderboards because maybe they'll maybe get lucky once or twice and meet someone that's as silly as they are, but they will very quickly come across someone with a brain that doesn't honour that agreement and sets their normal defense to ensure a win.

Because no one would think to send over screen shots by discord or line to opponent proving you set a weak team then opponent does the same. Then you set another and send and he does same. All it takes is someone with a brain to see that the agreement can be honored and ensured its followed by both parties.

There is a process it's not just setting lvl 1 g1 teams and hoping opponent does the same, obviously that isn't a problem. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, now try to understand the less obvious.
  • sounds like a great way to ensure you have 1 less team to worry about on offense to me
  • Try harder
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Try harder

I was saying same thing about your GA ideas
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    All good if it didnt happen to you, then we can be sure it never happened and doesn't exist. No one ever sets just 1 defense to screw others after they lost round 1... no one colludes to both get max or near max points possible with trash rosters.

I need to take my meds I'm delusional psychotic and crazy telling people how to prevent problems that aren't even problems like 1 defense and collusion.

Rambalagabhlabi!!!

If I get 7 carbs one time, does that mean it's happening all the time to everyone?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • All good if it didnt happen to you, then we can be sure it never happened and doesn't exist. No one ever sets just 1 defense to screw others after they lost round 1... no one colludes to both get max or near max points possible with trash rosters.

Rambalagabhlabi!!!

Seems like you were responding to me, but I never mentioned setting 1 defense (which sucks and should be addressed through improved autofill).

Just to be clear your thought is: "collusion might be happening so lets remove all individualized strategy from GAC to prevent a problem that may or may not be occuring"?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Your all naieve if you think it doesn't happen.
  • The problem with addressing collusion is that it doesn't make sense for it to be a widespread problem. Unlike arena, where both parties benefit, it is not beneficial to both parties to collude in a GA match. Since someone has to win the 1000 point bonus, so both players are incentivized to break their agreement and set better defenses.

Not saying it never happens, just that it logically isn't that widespread or we would hear about it.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I disagree that strategies should be personalized each week this allows for collusion.

And some people wonder why they are always losing in GAC. Setting one universal defense should not be used against all three of your opponents, not to speak about a month-long event.

If you care just a little about strategy, your defese usually varies based on your opponent's roster.
  • 1907 vs 863 and undefeated in GA through 4 rounds and scored 1900 3 of 4 matches. I have no problems clearing or holding on defense (lost 3 of 8 teams this round). I use a universal defense and win 95% of ga, it's more about your strategy and my defense strategy is very good.

I've realized that even if I score 1900 every week I won't be at the top because people collude and cheat so it's a bit demotivating to clear 8 g12 teams on defense to score 1907 and people collude to get the max 64x8 points possible. It's still new so I dont fault people for not seeing how this pans out but devs need to address the defense setting and how players can work with each other to game the system. Both players should not be able to get the max score possible. The bottom line is scoring is broken and need to be fixed, how they do it is debatable.