Again about the rivals (GA). Tired of it.

13Next

Replies

• GIJippo
    107 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I regularly beat higher gp players. I just took out a guy with both revans (I have none). Lay better plans from your temple.

https://youtu.be/aXeQ6oa8gvY

https://youtu.be/Fs9zm3sl9v8
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @Waqui you don’t think the first thing I did was throw the counters that I have built as well as I can so far at them? Of course that’s the first two teams I used. It did not end up well for me.
    Granted a lot of that has to do with his team was built great. Gear 13, great mods, right team synergy. So, my point is the best I had to throw at him wasn’t enough. At the time I had 2 gear 13s on that team. So it was lambs to the slaughter.

It's not much of a counter team, if it doesn't win the battles against the teams it's supposed to counter, is it? May I suggest, that you find out why it didn't win? Is it gear? Is it mods? Is it team composition? Is it your usage of the team? You know: Strategize a little.
    I appreciate the advice and of course I work every day to make my roster better and more competitive, but it doesn’t change the fact that every match should be winnable.

Fact? You still haven't answered me why you think this. Why should players with weak rosters have easier matches and better chances of winning, (and in the end reach Khyber league)? I still don't see anything wrong with players with strong rosters having a higher chance of winning. Which problem do you see?
    Before they changed the rules I was winning a championship almost every time. It got boring.

There were no championships back then. What do you mean? Did you win a round every GA?
    I had really one match, maybe 2 that I had to worry about. Occasionally I’d get something thrown at me where I was like wow this one is going to be tough. I was glad they changed it. The change was to make things more competitive, it had the opposite affect.

I believe, you have it all wrong. The developers announced, that they would make matches more even - which is exactly what they did. This made it easier for some and harder for others. That's a logic result. For me personally, I have more or less the same win-rate but I 'work' harder to win my wins.
    I would like to fight and win, yes. That’s the point right now, I can’t.

We all want to win. The point is that we can't all win. In every GA there will be a 3/3 winner and a 0/3 looser. But we can all increase our chances of winning by improving:

- Roster
    - Strategy
    - Execution of strategy
    Most matches it’s over before it begins. It’s hard for me to understand why wouldn’t people want to be able to win every match. I don’t want give me wins, I don’t want to have anything handed over. I’d like the chance to win. Just a chance. Should that be too much to ask for?

You want easier matches, yet you still didn't explain what should justify your easier match while a player with a stronger roster should have a harder match.
    (I believe we're talking in the early parts of GAC before the effect of leagues kicks in. Matches will automaticaly become more even as the effect of leagues kicks in)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    GIJippo wrote: »
    I regularly beat higher gp players. I just took out a guy with both revans (I have none). Lay better plans from your temple.

Cool video and cool to see how divergent things are on lower end. Rock on.
  • Yep, build counters to what you can't kill now, that's the key, and takes some time ;-).
    I managed to clear all GAC areas until now (or maybe once 1 territory not), if i've lost, it was on efficiency, and not because i faced unbeatable teams (there are no unbeatable teams).
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • No_Try wrote: »

Thanks a bunch No_Try!
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I have focused pretty hard on G13 gear as a F2P/Casual dolphin. I have 4. Almost 5. I suppose if I focused a little bit more I could have 6? Most 7? Without spending a dime. No way does someone have 11 or 13 without spending. So I have no sympathy for 2 whales going at it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I have focused pretty hard on G13 gear as a F2P/Casual dolphin. I have 4. Almost 5. I suppose if I focused a little bit more I could have 6? Most 7? Without spending a dime. No way does someone have 11 or 13 without spending. So I have no sympathy for 2 whales going at it.

F2p with previous piles are at 11-12 range...exactly there and that's if they decided to prioritise raising their g13 no's quickly. 30-70 g13s are purely whale range.

I agree with the gist of your message though. If both players are playing their roster competetively a 20 g13 difference is decisive enough on the outcome.

In my last league I didn't end up getting matched with the 36 g13 player and he lost 2 matches in a pool where others have at most 16 g13s. I won the pool with 6 g13s since my 2nd and 3rd opponent got stuck on my backline. Rosters themselves don't win matches for sure xD.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Tryxa wrote: »
    Finch1221 wrote: »
    You can always force mistakes from the opponent,

One time I beat someone I should've lost to just by turning that wait-for-me-to-go-first strategy thing around on him. I let him think I forgot about it, then I went in the last half hour -- he simply didn't have enough time to out-win me.

Sometimes when brute force won't work, tactics will win the day.

Or the tactics I sometimes like to use, even though it might lead to some broken phones - clear some teams to make it look like you ran out of gas (preferably stop when you don't manage to clear something on the first try), wait for them to make their move thinking that they are going to win even with suboptimal scores and then come back with the rest.
  • Previous piles? Piles of G13 finishers? Kyros? The drop rate on those coupled with the release date. I find it highly --HIGHLY unlikely that, that was done without paying some cheddar. I'm spending GAC and all energy to get to where I am. Trying not to spend real money on gear these days. Maybe I'm slow but that seems like a reach.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Previous piles? Piles of G13 finishers? Kyros? The drop rate on those coupled with the release date. I find it highly --HIGHLY unlikely that, that was done without paying some cheddar. I'm spending GAC and all energy to get to where I am. Trying not to spend real money on gear these days. Maybe I'm slow but that seems like a reach.

Crystals.

Find it any way you like, I'm in a pure f2p guild, 2*50 people and talking from that sample how far it stretches.

Bear in mind that's a claim on the highest value and not how many g13s people have on average. i.e. 10/50 in my segment doesn't have a single g13, 18 have 5+.
    Previous piles? Piles of G13 finishers? Kyros? The drop rate on those coupled with the release date. I find it highly --HIGHLY unlikely that, that was done without paying some cheddar. I'm spending GAC and all energy to get to where I am. Trying not to spend real money on gear these days. Maybe I'm slow but that seems like a reach.

Crystals.

Find it any way you like, I'm in a pure f2p guild, 2*50 people and talking from that sample how far it stretches.

Bear in mind that's a claim on the highest value and not how many g13s people have on average. i.e. 10/50 in my segment doesn't have a single g13, 18 have 5+.

Ahh yeah - that. True. Indeed they could have stock piled a ton. True that. I didn't take that into consideration.
  • Finch1221 wrote: »

In a post about G13s I don't think this is relevent the guy literally has one G12 being JKR which he (stupidly) used for offense. Well done though can see the research you put in if people in my division (2) did this to me I would probably be on 2/3 wins my first match the guy really messed up. He was a JKR on defense away from beating me IMO. My Padme may have beaten him but with his speed on JKR probably not.

You're right, I was basically just making a point about higher GP players being beatable through planning. I really didn't give my opponent a path to victory no matter what he did and too many people at my level (1.2m GP) will throw their arms up unnecessarily.

:s ohhh This is relevant only in the lower leagues. In league 1-2, these videos are completely pointless.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Serge wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »

:s ohhh This is relevant only in the lower leagues. In league 1-2, these videos are completely pointless.

Well, I said the same.
  • OBoogieIII
    400 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    @Waqui it is a counter team, but it can’t counter a much stronger team. Can a gear 11 team “counter” a gear 13 team? No, it can’t. But that’s the point. Make matches against teams where they have an opponent that they can beat.

I’m not concerned about reaching any particular league. Myself and many others would just like to be involved in matches where we have the opportunity to win. It’s easy to preach when yourself and others all have the same store bought team that makes matches “easy” to win. The problem I see, is everyone should have a chance to win. Why should some team get byes almost? Why even include those teams? If it’s an automatic win why not just give them the win to begin with and not waste or time?

The original GAC format where they used the entire GP, before the matchmaking criteria was changed. That’s what I’m talking about there. Although I do win a lot in GA that’s just because I’m good at cherry picking and finding the right opponent lol

I wouldn’t mind having to work harder for wins. I believe the competition is fun. What I don’t find fun is knowing there is a zero chance to win. That makes the process boring and irritating because you know from the start I’m doing nothing with this.

You’re right someone has to win, someone has to lose. But there’s little strategy involved. If someone is facing a much weaker team then what strategy is there? My last opponent had 16 gear 13 to my 4. Is there much strategy involved when all he had to do was place his SE team?

I’ve never asked for easier matches. I’ve asked for winnable matches. To me there is difference. Like I said, it’s easy for those that have SE to say well
    You should just get. Well duh lol everyone is trying for that. Had they reversed the events for Revan and Malak I would have that but they didn’t so it’s still a waiting game.

I’m not saying this just for myself I’m using my situation as an example. I already know the GAC is not a place I can have fun and enjoy. The never ending matches that I can’t win has done that. I enjoy my guild mates, I enjoy the other areas that I can participate.

GAC is designed to feed others, to make them feel good about themselves so they can act like they’ve done something in the game. But what have they really done? They beat under manned teams that they should beat. They beat teams that they had zero chance of losing to. Then they come on the forums and blast everyone for asking for winnable matches. I’m definitely not talking about you here. You’ve actually been a pleasure to speak with and I think we fairly close to believing the same things about the game. I just think they definitely should rate certain teams higher than others, because some toons matter a lot more than others, for GAC purposes anyway.

Anyway, there another round starting and I’m sure there will be 15 new posts about the matchmaking, because it is a problem whether people want to admit it or not. But I have a fairly improved counter squad not and I look forward to seeing if it can make a dent in one of these SE teams.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this, I suppose, but I appreciate your points and they way you could converse without attacking or putting someone down. That’s missing from a lot of people in this forum.

I’ll leave you with this question, answer or don’t it’s all the same. You say that I ask for easier opponents and why should people have an easier path than other to the kyber league, but that’s exactly what is happening. Some people are getting a bye basically, not the bye they’re already lucky to have, but an additional one. They get a bye from getting to go against opponents that can’t beat them. Should some people have to really only have 1 real opponent?
    Good luck

✌️
    Post edited by OBoogieIII on
  • GIJippo
    107 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Serge wrote: »

I get it, the point was about using strategy and to figure it out instead of complaining. At my GP handling a guy that has 2 Revans already with zero Revans is relatively difficult. Everyone has their share of problems. I know the game is very different in 1-2 but not so different that strategy isn't important anymore. Several other people said exactly the same.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    @OBoogieIII you will only make that dent if you watched many videos to how that team is supposed to work, modded in a very specific way and then practised to see what goes on in the matches. A mere look at your arena team shows it won't happen. If it's not happening in arena, it won't happen in GAC either. You don't have the right setup, let alone the modding.
  • OBoogieIII
    400 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    @No_Try not today
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @OBoogieIII

My long answer was just caught by the spam filter, so here's the short version:

I believe, I found your profile on swgoh.gg. Your problem is not matchmaking. Your problem is your weak modding of your well geared Padme team. Modding is part of the strategy in GAC. You already have opponent's you can beat through strategy.