Grand Arena Championships – GP Divisions [MEGA]

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    dominiQC wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

No, d1 just doesn't have many good players that deserve kyber.

Div 3 and below should not be eligble to make kyber.... give em a reason to build their roster

Haw bah dat
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    How about lowering Kyber req for Div1&2? Not realistic compared to other divisions (im in div3 and it is much easier to attain)

Div 3 and below should not be eligble to make kyber.... give em a reason to build their roster

Haw bah dat

+1 for dumbest post today 😄
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Haw bah dat

No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Haw bah dat

No.

lol was not a real suggestion just pointing out how nothingfaces comment about Div 1 having so many bad players was

contex
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Can people still place just 1 team of defense or will they get no rewards of they try this tactic now after the change crumb just posted?

What if u dont set any defenses will it still auto deploy or will that player just get a non participation message?

How many points will the active attacking player get in both of these cases? (Do they get points for clearing combat and territories not set?)

@CG_SBCrumb
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    It looks to me like they fixed something that isn't a problem (no D set) and ignored the thing that is a big problem (less than max D set).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyber is easy to obtain in division 6, just go hard offense, full clear every opponent and win at least 9 of the 12 rounds. The level of entry for Kyber probably should be a tad higher, but finishing in the top 200 is still an accomplishment to be proud of. I think most of the middle divisions are in the same boat.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    It looks to me like they fixed something that isn't a problem (no D set) and ignored the thing that is a big problem (less than max D set).

EDIT CLIFF NOTES (just fill in the blank areas problem solved no complex formula to take points from people who are losing (even if 70 points)... just fill in blank areas... I don't get why they need complex here is a 0 formula that can turn to bugs instead of just filling the blank areas...... why is that harder than whatever your doing now that no one understands.

lol stop matching auto wins vs auto losses and that would never happen

I still think is hilarious punishing losers because the winners are not winning enough.. instead of figuring out a way to not have guys whos top teams are pathetic G12 pilots fighting 35 G13 gods

Better communication would help..... "hey buddy... I see there is no way for your to beat my best team I will stick him in the back so at least you can clear 3 areas i'll drop some junk in too so you can get some feats"

That helps too... instead of hahhahahhah this guys getting 0 points hahhahah gonna put there here blaww and a little of this here blawwww brum brum brum hahahah I love matchmaking hahahah crushing these losers HEY WAIT this guy cost me 150 points in feats whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa mommie"

Autosetting empty areas is the simplist fix..... EVERYONE WINS..... but instead.... guys upstairs.... "muahhahahahahahahh instead of just autoplacing it we will not do anything but set us a system that removes points from the people who are gonna lose anyway"

Instead of punishing the loser....just autofill the areas so no one can leave them blank....EVERYONE wins no more complaing..... but this "punish the loser thing" without even fixing anything is atrocious.
  • Are divisions determined upon joining GAC or upon Player Lock?
  • Dethjin
    75 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Are divisions determined upon joining GAC or upon Player Lock?

Oh the GA is determined by Player Lock but the divisions seemed to be set at start of GAC (Probably hidden, and upon joining it actually shows).
  • I am barely over 4.5 M, so I am in Div 1. In the last few exhibitions, all of my opponents have been 5+ M. I have placed 8th place every time.

I had assumed all of the 5+ M players would move up to Kyber. Then in future GA, that would be used for pairing, but the levels keep getting reset.

I want to test my teams against against other players that better match my GP.

Will matches get better in the future?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Vicarious wrote: »
    ldm1n0cg0jsk.png
    You need more Divisions if this is the kind of matchmaking players are going to be having every single GAC!

Ignorance and greediness.....

I also think MM begs a lot to be desired. However it's not a division problem. There's not enough people at high gps to divide into more divisions, that itself can make the problem worse as MM will have to use a smaller pool. So everything goes back to the algorithm itself.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    ldm1n0cg0jsk.png
    You need more Divisions if this is the kind of matchmaking players are going to be having every single GAC!

I also think MM begs a lot to be desired. However it's not a division problem. There's not enough people at high gps to divide into more divisions, that itself can make the problem worse as MM will have to use a smaller pool. So everything goes back to the algorithm itself.

It's actually not particularly difficult... If they expanded the scope of the 'matching criteria' to encapsulate more of the roster, then they'd have closer matchups. They don't want to do that, though, so they will give the mega-krakens gigantic advantages to crush everyone that they go against. Why? They'll cry if they don't absolutely dominate their matchups.

Why do you think Malak is just so stupidly designed? Ridiculous health pool, one of the fastest chars in the game, huge damage, health steal (that also one or two hits characters), a bunch of 'free turns with his health steal mechanic if you try to kill him, a dispel mechanic special attack, a passive taunt skill, he gets harder to kill as you work through his health, and OF COURSE he also steals turns from you if you land a crit on him.

The only thing they forgot to put on him is to make his Annihilate-lite an AoE, his dispel AoE(or even better outright buff stealing) and give him damage immunity as part of his thresholds of ridiculousness.

One Character to Rule them all.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    ldm1n0cg0jsk.png

It's actually not particularly difficult... If they expanded the scope of the 'matching criteria' to encapsulate more of the roster, then they'd have closer matchups. They don't want to do that, though, so they will give the mega-krakens gigantic advantages to crush everyone that they go against. Why? They'll cry if they don't absolutely dominate their matchups.

Why do you think Malak is just so stupidly designed? Ridiculous health pool, one of the fastest chars in the game, huge damage, health steal (that also one or two hits characters), a bunch of 'free turns with his health steal mechanic if you try to kill him, a dispel mechanic special attack, a passive taunt skill, he gets harder to kill as you work through his health, and OF COURSE he also steals turns from you if you land a crit on him.

The only thing they forgot to put on him is to make his Annihilate-lite an AoE, his dispel AoE(or even better outright buff stealing) and give him damage immunity as part of his thresholds of ridiculousness.

One Character to Rule them all.

Hmm? This has nothing to do with what I wrote or the idea it's a follow up to.
  • GAC is so much better at lower GP I’m only 1.59m GP (on the verge of division 6 but I’m tanking til it starts to stay in division 7) I hit kyber in the exhibition and I’ve added a traya team since then... and all I see is a bunch of complaints from higher GP players.... sucks to be you guys..... that’s all I was pointing out...
  • Matt_B
    149 posts Member
    8 territories stacked in a row, like a survivor series. You have to beat the previous team before the next one is revealed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    FartBoss wrote: »
    GAC is so much better at lower GP I’m only 1.59m GP (on the verge of division 6 but I’m tanking til it starts to stay in division 7) I hit kyber in the exhibition and I’ve added a traya team since then... and all I see is a bunch of complaints from higher GP players.... sucks to be you guys..... that’s all I was pointing out...

This is probably true. Part of the problem is g13 isn't accurately reflected in terms of GP compared to it's actual massive boost in stats. This round we have one guy with 12 g13 characters....and another with zero. That should be fun for the with zero. Oh, and they guy with no g13 also doesn't have DReven (the rest of us all have DR and Malak to boot). On the plus side he does have g12 Ewoks, so those should be very helpful against DR/Malak teams....lololol. The dude doesn't even have g12 Nightsisters - no wait, 1 - Vent. His MT and Daka are g8 though.

Poor guy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This is probably true. Part of the problem is g13 isn't accurately reflected in terms of GP compared to it's actual massive boost in stats.

Yep, I would expect some kind of weighting applied to premium characters. So if you have a DR or Malak, why aren't they worth 3x GP value for match making? They're epic characters that make a huge difference. Then some like CLS or JTR get 2x etc. Surely there is some research that shows the difference key characters make, so they should be weighted more, else again I'd ask for a flat map so I'm not forced to break through a DR/Malak team to get half a map.

Thankfully we're only supposed fight within our division this time at least, so points should be more comparable. I see that as a step forward.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Wimma wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This is probably true. Part of the problem is g13 isn't accurately reflected in terms of GP compared to it's actual massive boost in stats.

Yep, I would expect some kind of weighting applied to premium characters. So if you have a DR or Malak, why aren't they worth 3x GP value for match making? They're epic characters that make a huge difference. Then some like CLS or JTR get 2x etc. Surely there is some research that shows the difference key characters make, so they should be weighted more, else again I'd ask for a flat map so I'm not forced to break through a DR/Malak team to get half a map.

Thankfully we're only supposed fight within our division this time at least, so points should be more comparable. I see that as a step forward.

There was an answer to -toon weighting- on the last Q/A. Don't remember the exact answer, you can browse over there. The bottomline is they are not considering doing that -at this time-.
  • CG_SBCrumb my GA is showing no event right now. I am positive I joined last night. And now I don’t have a bracket? Is this a bye? Please help. I don’t want to miss a round of GA. Please help!!
  • Notmyrealname76
    I'm having the same issue, i joined yesterday when it opened and checked it again a couple hours before it started to make sure and I have nothing either. Super annoying that i'm gonna miss out on the top tier rewards over this crap. Could really use that currency for this new gear that everyone needs
  • I really hope this can be fixed. I was talking with arena mate about helping with feats and I know I joined when I was discussing this. No chance for kyber if this is final.
  • I doubt they do anything for us since it seems to only be a few people, so here's to getting screwed by them again!
  • You have to actually enter the ga. Joining and seeing feats is not actually joining the ga.

It's pretty dumb the way they have it set up. For example why would anyone NOT want to join week 2 or 3 especially after competing in week 1, it should automatically join you into matchmaking.

At a minimum there should be a auto join ga setting somewhere.

Currently you have to click on the enter button behind a join button behind the ga icon essentially hidden 3 screens deep and if you only go to ga screen and only hit join then stop you only did 2 of the 3 steps.
  • That's not true because i've hit the join and walked away before and still been entered into it. And I usually enter the GA anyway to see different things and it still kicked me out.
  • I did click on the join/enter button. I’ve played every single round of GA since it started. I’m pretty sure I know how this works. But thanks for taking the time to try to make me look like an ****. Have a good day!
This discussion has been closed.