Are Clones working as expected? (Clones vs. DR)

Prev1
nabokovfan
535 posts Member
edited August 2019
Obviously speed is a huge stat in this game. Having a character with an ability to automatically go first, and push his team to go first is just as huge. Having a set of g12 clones take out a Darth Revan squad when well modded with a massive amount of speed highlights a major issue with the strategy and balance of the game.

I am not writing this to complain about anything, if that is the desired impact then I'm just going to expedite and push to unlock clones even moreso now.

I assume two things:
#1 - We don't have the 501st Anakin yet, and that could be a huge boost to this team.
#2 - Shaak Ti is intended to lead other clones as a secondary squad with future clone marquees released, Ki-Adi-Mundi possibly, we'll see.

I assume the top teams in the game are supposed to be (in no specific order), JKR, Sith Empire, Padme lead GR, GG or Nute Separatists.

I assume the second tier strongest squads are intended to be Clones, Bugs, etc.

Long story short, I don't think Shaak Ti was supposed to work this well with the 501st, but I'd like to ask the developers, is this working as intended or should we expect a change to her leadership to remove the synergy with 501st squad?

Reference: Ahnalds video.
Q: How strong are you aiming to get the clone reworks when they come?
A: Tophat - That's a really difficult question to answer because their power will change with time. You'll just have to wait and see.
Post edited by nabokovfan on

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nothing lasts forever.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Everyone knew Darth Revan and Malak would get countered after the 2nd run.

Its probably WIA but who knows.
  • ....yeah there's a good chance they intend for the new meta to be GR, of which clones are a part of. I don't see why they can't have some time at the top? Revan isn't new, he's not earning them any more money, so why wouldn't they depose him from Arena?
  • Potato211
    473 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    here we go again. Why is there an issue when a seemingly invincible team gets countered by a, and pay attention here, heavily focused stat mods. Is not that easy to mod speed either.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Everyone knew Darth Revan and Malak would get countered after the 2nd run.

Its probably WIA but who knows.

You would think so... Perhaps Padme Anakin is a replacement for Padme squad, and old Anakin goes to the clones as a 501st? I'm expecting general Skywalker to be the 501st lead.
  • Even without Shaak Ti, with 3 501st clones you get +12% bonus speed. I am too lazy so I'll just round it down to 10%. Assuming your Rex is at 300 speed(for reference Rex's base speed is 160 vs BSF's 156, so getting at least 300 isn't that impressive) with 10% bonus speed you are looking at 330 speed at the beginning of the battle. The majority of top 10 players in each shard should have no problem in getting him around 310 speed which will easily make him go before most of the DRevans. So Shaak Ti is mostly there for the other bonuses, not the speed(though the bonus speed still helps).
  • Let's not forget that Shaak Ti is also, I believe, tied for 2nd fastest base speed in the entire game. So there's that too.
  • Lachie_1
    104 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Lol.. your DR team suddenly gets countered finally after months and it’s a question of whether-or-not the reworks were meant to beat your team.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Clones can beat DR but they struggle with DR+Malak. There are already plenty of teams that can beat DR without malak.
  • Even without Shaak Ti, with 3 501st clones you get +12% bonus speed. I am too lazy so I'll just round it down to 10%. Assuming your Rex is at 300 speed(for reference Rex's base speed is 160 vs BSF's 156, so getting at least 300 isn't that impressive) with 10% bonus speed you are looking at 330 speed at the beginning of the battle. The majority of top 10 players in each shard should have no problem in getting him around 310 speed which will easily make him go before most of the DRevans. So Shaak Ti is mostly there for the other bonuses, not the speed(though the bonus speed still helps).

That's what I'm thinking... They didn't intend for this interaction to happen. They didn't do the math. If they did, by all means then it's a really cheap way to get to the top of arena. I'm curious what the designers would have to say to the question.
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    Lol.. your DR team suddenly gets countered finally after months and it’s a question of whether-or-not the reworks were meant to beat your team.

I'm still running JKR. Not really an issue of my roster. I don't have the mods to be in the top in arena. It's a question of design, not about my team losing.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    nabokovfan wrote: »

Lost me here. YouTubers just make everything seem sensational so you'll keep liking and subscribing.

If ShaakClones end up being meta, fine. Let people that G12'd clones ages ago and then had to watch them collect dust for two years have their moment in the sun.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »

Lost me here. YouTubers just make everything seem sensational so you'll keep liking and subscribing.

If ShaakClones end up being meta, fine. Let people that G12'd clones ages ago and then had to watch them collect dust for two years have their moment in the sun.

I found this as well from the Q&A on 8/1:

A: Tophat - That's a really difficult question to answer because their power will change with time. You'll just have to wait and see.

This is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNICnxTytl4
  • Its a good question and one of the reasons I haven't zetaed Shaak Ti OR geared up Clone Sargent/Cody. I hate this interim time where you don't know what to do. I don't want to g12 Sargent, for example, only to have him be useless in a week when they release a new Anakin or Kenobi. I don't want to zeta Shaak Ti only to find out she's not going to be the leader but rather just a 5th member of the squad. I mean in GAC I placed Shaak Ti (g11, 5*, no zetas) lead, Echo (g12), Rex (g12/zetaed), Fives (g12 double zeta) and...WAMPA on defense because I don't want to waste mats on a character that may not get used.
  • I think a g11 Jawa team can kill your g13 Shaak Ti clones.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

Don't tease me!
  • @Kyno Can you move this back to general section, I'm not sure why it was moved?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Because its about characters?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Because its about characters?

"Character and arena strategy" would pertain to either character strategy or arena strategy. This topic isn't arena specific or related to a strategy of using a character in X composition or X squad. The question posted was whether or not the rework has had the intended consequences in the squad we saw in the video.

There's a lot of random threads that are either posted here or moved here. I really don't understand the logic of why this was moved.
  • Yes they are working as intended the devs have already answered this question
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Obviously speed is a huge stat in this game. Having a character with an ability to automatically go first, and push his team to go first is just as huge. Having a set of g12 clones take out a Darth Revan squad when well modded with a massive amount of speed highlights a major issue with the strategy and balance of the game.

I am not writing this to complain about anything, if that is the desired impact then I'm just going to expedite and push to unlock clones even moreso now.

I assume two things:
    #1 - We don't have the 501st Anakin yet, and that could be a huge boost to this team.
    #2 - Shaak Ti is intended to lead other clones as a secondary squad with future clone marquees released, Ki-Adi-Mundi possibly, we'll see.

I assume the top teams in the game are supposed to be (in no specific order), JKR, Sith Empire, Padme lead GR, GG or Nute Separatists.

Long story short, I don't think Shaak Ti was supposed to work this well with the 501st, but I'd like to ask the developers, is this working as intended or should we expect a change to her leadership to remove the synergy with 501st squad?

Clones will become meta with 501st anakin.

Followed by a meta where you are penalized heavily for assists (episode IX)
  • SemiGod wrote: »

I assume two things:

Isn't that Padme?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

I assume two things:

Isn't that Padme?

or traya
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Yes they are working as intended the devs have already answered this question

No they have not.

That's what I'm thinking... They didn't intend for this interaction to happen. They didn't do the math. If they did, by all means then it's a really cheap way to get to the top of arena. I'm curious what the designers would have to say to the question.

A few things here:
    1. Do you really think that they didn't think of how the recent marquee toon designed to lead the Clones would interact with the recently reworked Clones?
    2. Yes, they may be a hard counter to Malak-less Sith Empire, but so are many teams. My guess is the Shaak Ti clones are exactly where they planned (less than 1% of top 1/10/100 leaders)
    3. What are you really expecting the devs to say? Are they now required to confirm every team a week after a release/rework?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited September 2019

A few things here:
    1. Do you really think that they didn't think of how the recent marquee toon designed to lead the Clones would interact with the recently reworked Clones?
    2. Yes, they may be a hard counter to Malak-less Sith Empire, but so are many teams. My guess is the Shaak Ti clones are exactly where they planned (less than 1% of top 1/10/100 leaders)
    3. What are you really expecting the devs to say? Are they now required to confirm every team a week after a release/rework?

1. Yes, it could be possible because they are focusing on 501st squad, not general clone.
    2. We aren't talking about malak-less squads. They counter Malak!
    3. Typically the devs don't post here at all, I know they read it. Countering Malak with a Marquee team is absolutely worth some insight.

A few things here:

1. Yes, it could be possible because they are focusing on 501st squad, not general clone.
    3. Typically the devs don't post here at all, I know they read it. Countering Malak with a Marquee team is absolutely worth some insight.

Must be hard to trust anything in this game when you don't even trust the dev team to test the newly reworked Clone Troopers with the recently released Clone leader. Yes, they are a possible counter to Malak but there was already a Marquee team that countered Malak: GG Droid nuke squad.

Why is a recently reworked team that now somewhat counters the 6 month old meta work insight?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

They don't exactly "counter" (at least not hard counter) Malak. Good Grievous, Padme, JKR and CLS (did I skip someone?) teams can beat Malak on offense. But all of them are just food for weaker DR teams on defense. Ok, now clones added to the list. What does it change?
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Just curious, you aren't the one facing me in GA who had to beat my clones with Shaak ti lead and scoundrel team in the last zone? Because my opponent would have had Darth available to him. Unfortunately, his Darth Revan had 256 speed and my Shaak Ti has 286 speed. And whoever I'm facing didn't do very well against them. total the team is 91k all clones G12. Shaak Ti 6 star G11 with zeta x 2. This team has NOT lost in GA yet on Defense for me. Yet. We'll see if my opponent wants to give them another try.
  • Just curious, you aren't the one facing me in GA who had to beat my clones with Shaak ti lead and scoundrel team in the last zone?

If you're asking me - no, I'm not your opponent. But anyway, if your clones is on the last line then it's very unlikely that opponent will attack them with full DR-Malak squad (it's probably used before). Also GA experience with underdeveloped teams doesn't say much - they are very often underestimated, especially the relatively rare ones. Swhog.gg meta report gives 0,1% clone teams at top 100 atm. Shaak Ti may be rare toon but not THAT rare, so it's not like that clones going to dethrone Malak until someone else will be introduced or reworked.