GAC Matchmaking - Zetas, G13, and 6 dot Mods

Prev134
Vicarious
292 posts Member
edited September 2019
GAC Division One matchmaking is absurdly flawed!

So Zetas count more then both g13 and 6• mods combined.......

You people (CG) really have no clue what wins matches do you?? Do you guys actually even play the game as some of you claim?

Speed wins matches plain and simple. One speed difference in a mirror match can easily cost you a win. Where does the majority of a characters speed come from, mods and g13.

G12 finishers add 8 speed while a g12+ adds 6 speed a piece. That’s 20 speed and that’s a HUGE advantage that goes to g13 characters. That’s not even counting the other stats like Offense, Special Damage, Health Steal, etc that are getting buffed from the g12 finisher and the jump to g13.

A set of 6• mods add 7 speed and BIG boosts to other key stats, obviously.

That’s a whopping 27 speed per g13 character with a full set of 6• mods.

Sure, some Zetas add some speed bonuses, but don’t you think that those players in Division One don’t all have those key zeta abilities zeta’d? I would guess most players in Divisions Two also more then likely have those abilities zeta’d as well.

What about the useless Zetas players used on characters for other game modes like Hoth LSTB for example. That Jyn zeta isn’t going to help in GAC one bit. What about old meta zetas such as Qui-Gon or Maul. If you argue these are still viable Zetas then you obviously aren’t playing in Division One. I have no doubt in the lower Divisions these zetas can be viable but the biggest matchmaking issues are obviously in Division One.

In conclusion, g13 characters and 6• mods need to count more as far as matchmaking is concerned.
almyact0efr7.jpeg
Just one example. I could share countless screenshots of lopsided matchups and so tons of players.

Fix this bantha fodder!!
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• At least the matchup from your second and third screenshot can never happen again, since they removed interdivision matchmaking.

As for the others, the only problem is not the 6 dot mods and gear 12+ pieces (there is no G13 stat in them). It just perfectly shows why the matchmaking system is flawed the moment you hit the 80+ G12 benchmark.

Your top 80 toons might have pretty much similar strength, but the moment someone has over twice the leveled and geared toons you do, it's reasonable to expect a superior mod depth.
  • I believe the devs said they were looking into this in the last Road Ahead and considering reweighing g12-13.
    That being said, speed is quickly becoming matched with health as a power metric.
  • I believe the devs said they were looking into this in the last Road Ahead and considering reweighing g12-13.
    That being said, speed is quickly becoming matched with health as a power metric.

wixr9uxhvp1h.png

It's pretty vague whether they'll do anything about it or the nature of what they may do. At least they acknowledged it.

I restated a similar question for this one, pulling the focus back to g13 bump. Will see if it gets elected.
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    I sure hope so. My matches have all been very lopsided.

I seriously am considering walking away from the game. GAC isn’t fun for me whatsoever and I used to love GA. I loved GA because I had fair matches. By no means did I win all my GA matchups but at least they were all close instead of a completely one sided. I wouldn’t be complaining if I had gotten this opponent down the road if I continued to win matches but this was my very first opponent of this season. This has been my experience with every GAC to date.

Atrocious GAC matchmaking is just one reason I am seriously considering walking away from SWGOH. Lack of content, lack of challenging content, g13, and now a new gear crunch in the disguise of Relics.

I can’t believe CG would say matchmaking is working as intended. If these one sided matchups are indeed working as intended, then one can only conclude that the rigged matchmaking Patent EA has had indeed been applied to SWGOH.

Lack of content: DS GEO TB, LS in October + Mythic event in October probably
    Lack of Challenging Content: Ur GAC match is pretty challenging and so is geo TB

Just quit if nothing pleases you about the game it isnt worth it.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Vicarious wrote: »
    Yup, you
    Throw our Zetas on Cup and take our Ugnauts to g13.

Wait, we're not supposed to do that?

Oops.
  • I don't have a fully geared JKR and am a quite a ways away from DR yet I thoroughly enjoy GAC. I don't win all but I enjoy the theory crafting aspect of it. There are greater things in life to worry about than a mobile game.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I don't have a fully geared JKR and am a quite a ways away from DR yet I thoroughly enjoy GAC. I don't win all but I enjoy the theory crafting aspect of it. There are greater things in life to worry about than a mobile game.

Exactly.

There are many other important things such as,

Who's chicken sandwich is better Popeyes or Chick-Fil-A

(Ur profile pic :P)
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    DHudson wrote: »
    That's the point. You won and subsequently got paired with better players who also won. You try to win with what you have. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. You can only use so many teams and so many mods. And why you have the limited zetas that you have per your added note. The total amount is irrelevant. You don't need Padme to be fast to beat DR with Malak. GG doesn't need speed. BA Geo is terrible on defense. Clones are as well, even after the rework. Padme doesn't hold. Troopers still smashes NS. Etc. You are not special. We all get bad matchups. Some of us try to figure out how to win instead of complain. I try to win regardless of matchup; but when I lose, I could give a ****. This is a game that entertains me. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just like this has been. Pure unadulterated entertainment. You just happened to be the thousandth matchmaking complaint and I though, I'm going to mess with this person a little. Good luck in your "one-sided" matchup.

Let's just skip the nonsense and stop pretending that getting paired against players who are bigger spenders than you is fair!

Let's just skip the conspiracies and stop pretending that they factor in how much players have spent.

The matchmaking matches based on how much in-game resources you have used to develop the top x of your roster, regardless of if you did that for free or you paid for it. While there are flaws in how GP is calculated at the higher end of gearing (and top x is not great past a certain GP level), it is the measure of in-game resources invested we have had for a long time.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    DHudson wrote: »
    That's the point. You won and subsequently got paired with better players who also won. You try to win with what you have. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. You can only use so many teams and so many mods. And why you have the limited zetas that you have per your added note. The total amount is irrelevant. You don't need Padme to be fast to beat DR with Malak. GG doesn't need speed. BA Geo is terrible on defense. Clones are as well, even after the rework. Padme doesn't hold. Troopers still smashes NS. Etc. You are not special. We all get bad matchups. Some of us try to figure out how to win instead of complain. I try to win regardless of matchup; but when I lose, I could give a ****. This is a game that entertains me. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just like this has been. Pure unadulterated entertainment. You just happened to be the thousandth matchmaking complaint and I though, I'm going to mess with this person a little. Good luck in your "one-sided" matchup.

Let's just skip the nonsense and stop pretending that getting paired against players who are bigger spenders than you is fair!
    Oh but it is. The whole point of spending is to get ahead.
  • It's like people here can't see what happened with the matchmaking. CG said Matchmaking was basically working as intended.

They have designed the algorithm to allow Whales/Krakens/Mega-Krakens to buy the best possible advantages in Division 1.

Wait for Relics... You're gunna be facing off against like 150 g13s with Relics, and you're gunna be rocking mostly G12s. This is as intended and they nerfed the rewards to put more pressure on you to spend to try to get into the zetas.

This is all by design.
  • I did data gathering around Fallen Bastilla...

Her unique zeta adds 2506 gp
    Each Gear12 piece adds 210 gp
    Going from gear 12-6/6 to gear 13 adds 0 gp
    Upgrading a mod from 5A to 6E adds 45 gp.

The problem in game is that gear 12 pieces and 6E mods do not add enough to GP.

IMO if a zeta gives 2506 gp
    each Gear 12L piece should add like 1210 gp instead of just 210
    each Gear 12R piece should add like 2210 gp instead of just 210
    Going from 12 6/6 to gear 13 should add another1000 gp instead of just 0
    Each 6E piece should add 445 gp instead of just 45

If Gp for the items were changed to the above everyone's GP would increase by:

1000 * gear 12L pieces + 2000 * gear 12R pieces + 10000 * G13 + 400 * 6dot mods.

For matchmaking CG would be better off using:

Top 80GP + 1000 * gear 12L pieces + 2000 * gear 12R pieces + 10000 * G13 + 400 * 6dot mods.

All of these values can be found in the DSR bots outputs posted above. I understand why having gear 12/6dot mods add this much GP would break TB. But the above is a better ratting for power and overall roster strength.

Note: I realize some players might have 6dot mods on toons outside of there top 80, so the game could just count mods/gear on the top 80 toons. Even if all the 6dot mods are counted, the value in the formula above would better represent the breath of a players roster.

Matchmaking based on either of the formula above would be much more fair, and would not require a huge amount of coding, right now it just looks at top80GP.

IMO having spenders face each matches does not encourage them to spend more. Having spenders and whales face other spenders will drive competition and encourage more spending.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Vice_torn wrote: »

This is where you lost me. A G12R piece's value is astronomically far from all the zetas that are really worth to have.
    Your suggested GP increase is way too high.

• Vice_torn wrote: »

This is where you lost me. A G12R piece's value is astronomically far from all the zetas that are really worth to have.
    Your suggested GP increase is way too high.

Values are subject to change... For sure 210 is to low.... I went with 2210 in large part because that adds 2k to make math easier.... Remember this is average g12R which includes finishers... Vs average zeta, some of which (I. E. Obsolete leadership zetas) add very little power.
  • I'll say it every time:

It doesn't matter how much they refine the matchmaking system, people who lose will always find something to blame for their loss other than their own lack of skill, and/or refusal to read kits, and/or trashy roster.

Scrubs: "Ships are messing up my GP, ships shouldn't count for matchmaking!"
    Devs: "OK, ships no longer count towards GP when there are no ship battles."
    Scrubs, still losing: "I fluffed my roster for TB! Fluff shouldn't count for matchmaking!"
    Devs: "OK, fluff no longer counts for matchmaking."
    Scrubs, STILL losing: "I don't have Malak! I shouldn't get matched with Malak ever!"
    *Malak event returns, tons of people get Malak*
    Scrubs who have no excuse to not have Malak now, STILL losing: Buh...buh....6 dot mods! I'm losing because of 6 dot mods! And zetas maybe?! Rabblerabblerabble!

It never ends.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'll say it every time:

It doesn't matter how much they refine the matchmaking system, people who lose will always find something to blame for their loss other than their own lack of skill, and/or refusal to read kits, and/or trashy roster.

Scrubs: "Ships are messing up my GP, ships shouldn't count for matchmaking!"
    Devs: "OK, ships no longer count towards GP when there are no ship battles."
    Scrubs, still losing: "I fluffed my roster for TB! Fluff shouldn't count for matchmaking!"
    Devs: "OK, fluff no longer counts for matchmaking."
    Scrubs, STILL losing: "I don't have Malak! I shouldn't get matched with Malak ever!"
    *Malak event returns, tons of people get Malak*
    Scrubs who have no excuse to not have Malak now, STILL losing: Buh...buh....6 dot mods! I'm losing because of 6 dot mods! And zetas maybe?! Rabblerabblerabble!

It never ends.

Some do, some don't. But in this case the matchmaking system is flawed.

Disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DHudson wrote: »
    Not one of those you posted is mismatched. Wasted resources on toons never used is a meaningless statistic. Example: 3 zetas on CLS is a waste of zetas. You don't need all 3 for him to be effective. Same can be said for a lot of toons. I'm in division 3 and I don't have DR so no Malak either. My fastest mod set is +127. Haven't lost. Probably not losing this round either. Figure out how to win like the rest of us.

@DHudson LOL. You're basically making the point that matchmaking is only good at creating widely different experiences for different players. If you and your no DR / no Malak / lack of high speed mods roster is undefeated in D3, it probably just goes to show you that MM is strongly favorable to certain rosters....