GAC Disappeared!

Replies

• Any chance we can get an update here?
  • Was just thinking same thing! Hard to get motivated in this round knowing I’m a whole round behind.
  • An update please.
  • Why not a setting for “Auto Join”? Seems silly to not offer this at this stage of the game.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Why not a setting for “Auto Join”? Seems silly to not offer this at this stage of the game.

There is literally nothing in this game that is auto join. Seems silly to make this the exception and then having a bunch of dead accounts in GAC. Overall, the experience would be worse off for the community.

Just click "join" like raids and TW. Missing once and sitting out a week should be a hint to pay more attention.

Seeing as this is a 3 stage "single event", they could have it be auto join for the subsequent stages after you join.
  • I left a post in the running GAC bugs thread (here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grand-Arena-Championship-Crash-and-Sign-up-Issues/td-p/8018221/highlight/false/page/31) but I'll add one here too.

I also joined and was left out of this most recent GA round (starting 9/2). Ally Code 636-752-312. Hopefully we get some kind of word about this. It already sucks that we won't be able to get Kyber level thanks to this big but to not hear anything about it would add salt to the wound.
  • @Austin9370 your comments aren’t helpful and calling everyone who has had issues joining GAC liars is not welcome at all. I have played this game for an average of 3 hours a day since launch and there is nothing wrong with my attention.
  • Is there a GAC going on now? I didn't get a notification or a chance to join one if there is one going now.
  • One currently live, yes
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Every time I see this thread title I hear Yoda.

GAC....disappeared, it has!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Join or join not, there is no try. ;)
    Kyno wrote: »
    Why not a setting for “Auto Join”? Seems silly to not offer this at this stage of the game.

There is literally nothing in this game that is auto join. Seems silly to make this the exception and then having a bunch of dead accounts in GAC. Overall, the experience would be worse off for the community.

Just click "join" like raids and TW. Missing once and sitting out a week should be a hint to pay more attention.

Seeing as this is a 3 stage "single event", they could have it be auto join for the subsequent stages after you join.
    That's actually a pretty good solution. Filters out inactives while reducing the chances for actives to miss one of the GAs in the series. I like it. :)
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    @Austin9370 your comments aren’t helpful and calling everyone who has had issues joining GAC liars is not welcome at all. I have played this game for an average of 3 hours a day since launch and there is nothing wrong with my attention.

It's okay if you "feel" you're owed something, but reality is you made the mistake. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the system, but doesn't mean if can't be improved.

I really like the idea noted by @Kyno above as it's logical even though there will be some people who leave the games, the number of inactive players is significantly less.

Finally, I called no one a liar. Every case has been proved to be the individual user failing to click join. It's a situation of misremembering by the player.

How do you know that "every case has been proved"??
  • TVF wrote: »

Lost a GAC, Master Obi Wan has. How embarrassing!
  • @Austin9370

Overgeneralizing. Just a wee bit of research would have shown you that your statement is completely incorrect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/czmvae/gac_still_having_issues_when_the_very_thing_you/

This particular content creator has visual proof of what all of us here have been trying to get addressed. The system may work correctly 99% of the time, but that still doesn’t make it flawless.
  • Nemmz wrote: »
    @Austin9370

Overgeneralizing. Just a wee bit of research would have shown you that your statement is completely incorrect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/czmvae/gac_still_having_issues_when_the_very_thing_you/

This particular content creator has visual proof of what all of us here have been trying to get addressed. The system may work correctly 99% of the time, but that still doesn’t make it flawless.

That isn't proof. There is nothing there showing that he didn't just forget to join the GA.
  • Thesaala wrote: »
    @Austin9370 your comments aren’t helpful and calling everyone who has had issues joining GAC liars is not welcome at all. I have played this game for an average of 3 hours a day since launch and there is nothing wrong with my attention.

It's okay if you "feel" you're owed something, but reality is you made the mistake. There isn't anything inherently wrong with the system, but doesn't mean if can't be improved.

I really like the idea noted by @Kyno above as it's logical even though there will be some people who leave the games, the number of inactive players is significantly less.

Finally, I called no one a liar. Every case has been proved to be the individual user failing to click join. It's a situation of misremembering by the player.

How do you know that "every case has been proved"??

99s4ax0eb4mf.jpg
  • I never had an option to join. (Unless I missed but I was checking regularly.) Ally code 137 811 121
  • I didn’t miss it, but I did this at the beginning of the second round, and I recommend you all do the same.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yWIWzwBCfFY
  • I also couldn't join the second round, I was wondering why the next round didn't start right after, never saw the join option, only the "No active event" on the GA screen.
    Ally code 134-118-755
  • @Austin9370 do u really not have anything else better to do other than troll peoples threads and force ur opinion down their throat? This doesn’t make u correct, u don’t fully understand the situation and can’t accept it has nothing to do with u. So just be happy u have no issues with the game, go and enjoy ur GA and let the players who have a real issue try and resolve it peacefully!
  • @OrionAssante1 as long as we get posts like this...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213182/gac-defences-set-by-game-and-not-me#latest

...it is difficult to take every claim that “GAC join option wasn’t there for me” seriously.

Claims like yours, raised immediately after the setup phase starts, are vastly more believable than people commenting 20 hours into the first attack phase that it wasn’t there for them.
  • @DarjeloSalas I get what ur saying, hopefully CG can come up with an answer at some point.
  • @Austin9370 I reported to bugs before starting this thread (if u read my initial post u would know this).
    Ur not stating fact, ur guessing.
    I saw a thread saying they had a 7* yoda, don’t miss ur opportunity to call them out because that may not be true.
  • If ur trying to silence a group of people ur going about it the wrong way. Calling people liars is not going to go down well.
    Please take ur negativity elsewhere and let CG do their job.