Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• @BaldingHead90 So you would rather have in game adverts that you can’t skip to support your FREE game? How do you want them to create and maintain the game? Work for free?

Yes actually I asked for this already maybe there would be a bit of a middle ground for everyone if that’s how the game got supported
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    giphy.gif

The more they talk about relics the less enthused I get

Its nice that the gear is in cantina node instead of making us choose between finishers, kyrotechs and signal data
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    giphy.gif

The more they talk about relics the less enthused I get

Its nice that the gear is in cantina node instead of making us choose between finishers, kyrotechs and signal data

I think we have come full circle man. Originally, you had to choose between mods and shards using cantina energy before they gave us mod energy and its own table. Now players in that range are going to have to choose between signal data and shards if they haven't completed farming the table. Obviously it won't really affect anyone without a G13 character or have completed all the node farms, but it will still be a choice for veteran players.

For some reason this quote comes to mind, "All this has happened before........"
  • Unfortunate that they removed shards from those nodes, however. Would have been nice to have been able to get some **** currency to use for non-finisher, non-kryo salvage to give us additional opportunity to get more toons to G12.5. That way we would need even more finisher, cryo and signal-whatever bottleneck.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ugh. Yuck. Blarg.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    They added Mk II Pulse on GA to ease us into 6 dot mods

I hope we get something for signal data that isn't overpriced in GAC Store / add them into GAC reward pool
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Obviously we can be happy they don't put the signal data mats on a new stage 9 with 20 energy cost and attempts capped at 5 with the usual refresh cost. /s
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Obviously we can be happy they don't put the signal data mats on a new stage 9 with 20 energy cost and attempts capped at 5 with the usual refresh cost. /s

5dbamn5m96n0.jpg
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Shush!!! Why on earth would you put those ideas in their heads?!?!?!?!?! LOL.
  • Wow yeah this game is so lazy, they didn't even make new cantina nodes and battles for us to do with the new pay wall. Game doesn't improve but goal posts move away.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Seriously CG?

"Signal Data will be farmable from certain Cantina Nodes."

Why are you making it same disaster as when you released mods and made ppl choose to spend cantina energy on mods or shards? Didnt you learn anything from that? Why it is so hard to add it to all cantina nodes. Right now with this move you simply add another requirement gear material to existing one. It is like there is always a way to make game gearing more bad than i though was possible.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Seriously CG?

Why are you making it same disaster as when you released mods and made ppl choose to spend cantina energy on mods or shards? Didnt you learn anything from that? Why it is so hard to add it to all cantina nodes. Right now with this move you simply add another requirement gear material to existing one. It is like there is always a way to make game gearing more bad than i though was possible.

Because shreadsheets & data are cg_cyanites job. He will always add gear crunch which gives more numbers because that will save his job...

This is NOT to help anyone except CG. Because there is NO new content where you can play your toons. Additionally GAC seems to be designed that you are always matched in a way that you should spend because someone of superior roaster is in the setup. But not with me anymore. I will just play and relax on that really unsuccessfull disaster.

I know what you mean. I also play and relax without spending any money now, because the return value is just not worth it, but sometimes good rant is also very relaxing ;)
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb

jeba40dp40wf.png

When will these be farmable
  • Did u guys see the materials needed for relics looks like 8 different kinds of new materials to get in order to upgrade the relic
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Worthless? I never have enough Mk. 6 syringes.

Sadly I have thousands of them.... so yes the gear is worthless

How many you have is correlated to your start date. The change screws newer players for no reason. Simple if need > X then keep giving them. Hell give them in addition to other daily stuff. Like 500 for Geo team. Hell some levels were 150 alone.
  • Relic is more whale fodder, really. Division 1 will be a nuclear arms race, a few motivated whales working their way up to the gunshow will spend like drunken sailors in town, but for most of us this is just more fairly unreachable gearing.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

jeba40dp40wf.png

When will these be farmable

Stores.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Seriously CG?

Because shreadsheets & data are cg_cyanites job. He will always add gear crunch which gives more numbers because that will save his job...

This is NOT to help anyone except CG. Because there is NO new content where you can play your toons. Additionally GAC seems to be designed that you are always matched in a way that you should spend because someone of superior roaster is in the setup. But not with me anymore. I will just play and relax on that really unsuccessfull disaster.
    And there will almost always be someone superior, which is by design. GAC produces one winner and seven losers each round. CG is hoping those seven losers will rush off to the crystal store and buy crystals to get even. That's how these games work: pit players against each other and offer to sell each side an advantage. Just like in real life, the only winner is the arms dealer.

CG thinks thinks 7 losers out of 8 players will drive profits but I think it will simply cause seven players to ask themselves each week, "Is this fun anymore?" and eventually leave the game. I guess time will tell who is right.

As far as 'signal data' farming, CG has all the energy modes covered now. Veteran players will need to spend 750 crystals/day doing the first three (cheapest) refreshes on each energy mode; 3xMod energy for mod farmimg/upgrading, 3xShip energy for g12 finshers, 3xNormal energy for g12 finishers, and now 3xCantina for 'signal data'

That means all players will need to finish in the top 2 or 3 places in both squad and fleet arena each day to keep up, or buy crystals
    Sounds like CG is trying to reduce how many crystals players can stockpile between events.

It also sounds like a recipe for player burnout. Again, time will tell.

• Relics are simply put: "A good idea gone terribly wrong".

Locked behind G13 (ie - G14-20), and now needing new gear to farm to advance them. Terribly stupid.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Travesty wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    Seriously CG?

And there will almost always be someone superior, which is by design. GAC produces one winner and seven losers each round. CG is hoping those seven losers will rush off to the crystal store and buy crystals to get even. That's how these games work: pit players against each other and offer to sell each side an advantage. Just like in real life, the only winner is the arms dealer.

CG thinks thinks 7 losers out of 8 players will drive profits but I think it will simply cause seven players to ask themselves each week, "Is this fun anymore?" and eventually leave the game. I guess time will tell who is right.

As far as 'signal data' farming, CG has all the energy modes covered now. Veteran players will need to spend 750 crystals/day doing the first three (cheapest) refreshes on each energy mode; 3xMod energy for mod farmimg/upgrading, 3xShip energy for g12 finshers, 3xNormal energy for g12 finishers, and now 3xCantina for 'signal data'

That means all players will need to finish in the top 2 or 3 places in both squad and fleet arena each day to keep up, or buy crystals
    Sounds like CG is trying to reduce how many crystals players can stockpile between events.

It also sounds like a recipe for player burnout. Again, time will tell.

Good catch. I doubt they care for the arena topping minorities though. Doesn't really hurt their bottom end much and gives an overall -you can do it- impression to the rest. And I doubt many such as us can be coerced to suddenly start spending even if we were in the risk to start missing a new flurry of events. Mid level spenders end up spending more when there are new pressures/incentives emerging. I dunno, this has been my observation, might be wrong.

Meanwhile this 750/day for the profitable amount of refills means all the rest that doesn't have both arena top income either having to choose their refill priorities or spend to get'em all. That should be the real target CG should be building up for by making up new gotta-catch-up offers (the 12+ farming in fleet and now relic farming in cantina)
  • I see no good reason to make relics dependent on reaching G13. This is just another smack in the face for FTP people who can barely get a single character to G13 yet, and leaving us feeling even more excluded. This is disgusting imo.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Davulous wrote: »
    I see no good reason to make relics dependent on reaching G13. This is just another smack in the face for FTP people who can barely get a single character to G13 yet, and leaving us feeling even more excluded. This is disgusting imo.

FTP have had plenty of time to get multiple toons to G13.
  • Is there anyone actually excited for relics? I mean I think it’s another awful idea but what’s new?

Anyone actually excited?
  • TVF wrote: »
    I see no good reason to make relics dependent on reaching G13. This is just another smack in the face for FTP people who can barely get a single character to G13 yet, and leaving us feeling even more excluded. This is disgusting imo.

Not if they were working on anything else. I've been clearing hardnodes to try to get finishers and I've got two g13s.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Not if they were working on anything else. I've been clearing hardnodes to try to get finishers and I've got two g13s.

Two = multiple
  • TVF wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Two = multiple

True, but it's not exactly a wealth of depth there.
This discussion has been closed.