Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• Google or Apple should ban those accounts anyway, cuz there are rules for everyone. Don't think YouTubers can violate them cuz they're YouTubers
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Google or Apple should ban those accounts anyway, cuz there are rules for everyone. Don't think YouTubers can violate them cuz they're YouTubers

Gov needs to get in on it as well and jail them. All govs.
  • Altazarus wrote: »

Arena and Ship Arena collusion to get maximum rewards by timing when you take top spots.

Yeah agree with Altazarus, it is known since long time about this "organized Arena/Fleet shards", also here, CG should implement rotations and mix ups on daily basis, so that no one knows against who he is going to battle to not make time coordination possible for payouts etc., like 98% of all other players do.
    This might not be a cheat in that sense, but of course it's a significant advantage towards all the rest, and i'm sure CG didn't mean this to happen like that.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Manumicio wrote: »
    Altazarus wrote: »

Arena and Ship Arena collusion to get maximum rewards by timing when you take top spots.

Yeah agree with Altazarus, it is known since long time about this "organized Arena/Fleet shards", also here, CG should implement rotations and mix ups on daily basis, so that no one knows against who he is going to battle to not make time coordination possible for payouts etc., like 98% of all other players do.
    This might not be a cheat in that sense, but of course it's a significant advantage towards all the rest, and i'm sure CG didn't mean this to happen like that.

You have GAC for it, leave original arenas and shard chats alone as the only not stressfull places in game. If your squads not good enough or you're friendly to get into those chats - that's your problem not chats'
    Time coordinations, sniping-chaining, lockdowns are all good things. Don't expect easy climbs to payout with single decent team if you were not at top all the time, didn't invest all years and came from nothere "look at me - I have DR and GMY, let me get my xstals". Well, maybe chats can let you take 2nd-3rd-4th-5th-etc place some day based on hierarchy but don't expect 1st places cuz "here I am and I want my rewards" )))
  • How can players have more than 300 points but less than 1k banners from GA matches? They didn't fight every battle with undersized squad but they have way more points... Did they get a free win? (Div 4 first three and watch the stats)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Manumicio wrote: »

That would bring a swift end to the game. Many players are invested and invest in staying at the top in arena. Those players can do that because they face players who started at the same time as them. A rotation would destroy this process and stall out much investment into the game with the uncertainty it causes.

• Booooom
    67 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    How can I text @CG_Leviathan directly? Tried to send a dm but don‘t find the option.

The guy I just faces in the GAC either deservers a price for being the best player around or cheated. I talked to the person he faced before and he said the same and reported him. My swgoh id is 389527419

I am not making his public but got screenshots and all the stuff... you might can see them anyway
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Booooom wrote: »
    How can I text @CG_Leviathan directly? Tried to send a dm but don‘t find the option.

The guy I just faces in the GAC either deservers a price for being the best player around or cheated. I talked to the person he faced before and he said the same and reported him. My swgoh id is 389527419

I am not making his public but got screenshots and all the stuff... you might can see them anyway

Click on the link you created by typing leviathan xD. Right corner top, -message-
  • Kyno wrote: »

That would bring a swift end to the game. Many players are invested and invest in staying at the top in arena. Those players can do that because they face players who started at the same time as them. A rotation would destroy this process and stall out much investment into the game with the uncertainty it causes.

Prove it. This is fear mongering, and if it breaks up the syndicates then I'll take the chances
  • @CG_Leviathan Same here. My opponent put all their power on defense. I knew they were going to cheat so I watched carefully. No movement until the last few minutes of GA. Waiting for me to go so they could see what they needed to just barely beat me. I finally attacked and sure enough, that is exactly what happened. Last attack was at the very last second, just in case I surprised them. They had zero counters for what I had on my defense. Yet somehow, they are able to smoke top Padme with no Dr/Malak, Padme, Traya, JKR, JTR, CLS, GG, EP, NS, Nest, Shaak Ti clones, Bugs, etc.Just a few G12s and none zetaed teams left. And that is just Padme, not all the other teams that they would have needed some power to get through like Brood Alpha bugs in the back. All they could have had were scabs at that point and yet, someone managed to score 60 points on them. I have screenshots etc as well. I even recorded the points for each battle and it is impossible for them to get the points that they did. I also tried to look them up on SWGOH.GG and they are not listed on the guild page.

Now I can click on the report tag and watch it disappear into the abyss. No idea of the resolution.

Prove it. This is fear mongering, and if it breaks up the syndicates then I'll take the chances

You shouldn't "take chances" if you didn't invest all 3 years
    Shard chats own payouts for years, and they have rights for it
    If you're newbie for top places - meh, noone cares about you and your dreams of 1st places - you gonna be ruined, and that's not bad thing - we have united through all these years to control payouts )
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

Devaluing investment of players and giving players less reasons to invest. That is not fear mongering, that is the result of telling people that they will now face random opponents daily for the income they have relied on and worked towards for the past 3 years.

Also calling them syndicates is basically the same thing. Not all shards care if you can make your PO, nor do they help those who cant win. There is more out there than you think you know.
  • Gather a group of other people and push those people out of their payouts. Start a bloody war with those people for the sake of just annoying them.
    Kyno wrote: »

Devaluing investment of players and giving players less reasons to invest. That is not fear mongering, that is the result of telling people that they will now face random opponents daily for the income they have relied on and worked towards for the past 3 years.

Also calling them syndicates is basically the same thing. Not all shards care if you can make your PO, nor do they help those who cant win. There is more out there than you think you know.

Yep, if original arenas are gone - 50% players are leaving the game 100% )))
  • @reovalis could you dm me your opponents swgoh id? I just check my suspicious guys and he has doubled toons ans zetas listed - might be a bug or maybe some weired interaction. Haven‘t found another swgoh account with that issue - maybe someone here can point to another account and tell me it happens from time to time
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    What would be a HUGE Quality of Life improvement, looking at the Arena discussion, would be allowing a player's account to trigger their payout for the day at any given time.

It wouldn't be an issue of being locked into one time for payout, and there would be less funny business, and more people could achieve ranks because they can trigger it at like 12 minutes past an hour and not on an hour mark.
  • Booooom wrote: »

Open DM page..
    qmevqdhzh40h.jpeg

Type GG_[name]
    a8tu9h5loy5d.jpeg

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I think everything they did regarding that was strange. I think allowing him to take over an account wasn't them going out of their way to make it up to him. I think they realized how their zero tolerance being applied to him appeared after the fact, and didn't want to look like they were going after him any further. So telling him that they had a "truce" and then banning him again seems weird.

Exactly, it just doesn't make sense. Why ban him, let him play again only to ban him once again.
    I'm not defending either party, i just think the story doesn't make sense.
    fwiw, i think bulldog went about it wrong. I understand what he was trying to do, but i'm not blind to his ulterior motives (views/subs) either. ea/cg could have definately handled it differently from the start, but there's something to be said for how they choose to handle it as well. Obviously they aren't saints, but it was bulldog his own choice to put them in a position in which they had to act one way or another.
    What is happening now with the apparantly allowing him to play again on a different account ánd banning that account once again is beyond me though. <- the main point i was trying to make.
    When it's all said and done i don't think it's has been/will be a net possitive for the game and the playerbase, a lose-lose situation. The increase in player paranoia which leads to less player enjoyment due to the vid and conversation that ensued compared to the increase in player enjoyment due to the vid and actions by ea/cg because of said vid (catching more cheaters/hackers) is imo skewed towards the former. I'm one of those people that doesn't think cheating is rampant and that it has always been in ea/cg's best interrest to catch cheaters, even if no one made a vid exposing how easy it is to cheat. This is obviously just a judgement call based on limited information and i completely understand that others reached a different conclusion based on the same limited information.
    At the moment i'm more worried i get falsely accused (yes, i'm that good) and banned than i am about facing a cheater. ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I think everything they did regarding that was strange. I think allowing him to take over an account wasn't them going out of their way to make it up to him. I think they realized how their zero tolerance being applied to him appeared after the fact, and didn't want to look like they were going after him any further. So telling him that they had a "truce" and then banning him again seems weird.

Exactly, it just doesn't make sense. Why ban him, let him play again only to ban him once again.
    I'm not defending either party, i just think the story doesn't make sense.
    fwiw, i think bulldog went about it wrong. I understand what he was trying to do, but i'm not blind to his ulterior motives (views/subs) either. ea/cg could have definately handled it differently from the start, but there's something to be said for how they choose to handle it as well. Obviously they aren't saints, but it was bulldog his own choice to put them in a position in which they had to act one way or another.
    What is happening now with the apparantly allowing him to play again on a different account ánd banning that account once again is beyond me though. <- the main point i was trying to make.
    When it's all said and done i don't think it's has been/will be a net possitive for the game and the playerbase, a lose-lose situation. The increase in player paranoia which leads to less player enjoyment due to the vid and conversation that ensued compared to the increase in player enjoyment due to the vid and actions by ea/cg because of said vid (catching more cheaters/hackers) is imo skewed towards the former. I'm one of those people that doesn't think cheating is rampant and that it has always been in ea/cg's best interrest to catch cheaters, even if no one made a vid exposing how easy it is to cheat. This is obviously just a judgement call based on limited information and i completely understand that others reached a different conclusion based on the same limited information.
    At the moment i'm more worried i get falsely accused (yes, i'm that good) and banned than i am about facing a cheater. ;)

Yeah. It's impossible to quantify how many cheaters are out there. Unfortunately that is also true for CG. We have definitely had to report people in our arena shard. Lots of people in my guild have had to report blatant cheaters. People were disappearing off the GAC leaderboard fairly regularly after the first round.

The problem is that mild cheating is not detectable. For ever blatant cheater who goes about it in an obvious way, how many more are being careful about it? I definitely believe people are out there cheating just enough to squeak out a few wins and not set off any suspicion. They are Iike roaches. For every one you see there are more in the walls.

That is a constant battle. It will never be won. Zero is an unreasonable expectation for how many there will be. But what is an acceptable amount of cheaters? What is an acceptable amount of effort to stop it when it is definitely happening on some level, and they are beating people who spend money? Who knows. But I do believe that awareness is a good thing. Bulldog didn't claim millions are cheating. I don't think it's rampant, but I think cheating is worse than CG would like to admit. They have a financial interest in underplaying the perception of it which might discourage spending. If cheating is significant (hypothetically), but perception of it is low to the point that it has no effect on spending, then CG has little motivation to make it a priority. I think it's probably beneficial that the subject came up publicly. Some measures, like a battle log, were never even mentioned until CG responded to the situation Bulldog created.

I agree with you that he had a conflict of interest when it comes to growing his channel and getting views. But, that doesn't mean he didn't at least partly want to see cheating stopped by pointing it out. Just like I believe there are plenty at CG that want to both make money, AND make a fun SW game. If even a single change is actually made to catch more cheaters then I'm grateful to Bulldog despite his not going about it the best way. And I would have more respect for CG if they suspended him, but didn't throw the book at him.
  • Does anyone know anything about an issue in GAC that contain banners and points?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213016/gac-points-and-banners-issue-possible-cheating#latest

Would be great to get some feedback!
  • How do I report a cheater? Is the generic in game crap the only tool available?
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    How do I report a cheater? Is the generic in game crap the only tool available?

While the community loves a good old fashioned name and shame, the devs frown on it.
  • Grimstoned
    250 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ga is a joke. Rewarding cheaters non stop. Non stop!
  • So many people saying there is no cheating and collusion makes me question how widespread it is... well a few people said it's didnt happen to them so we can conclude there is no cheating and no collusion in this game at all. Either that or they are defending their ability to cheat and collude by downplaying it. Now what's more likely?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Grimstoned
    Report A Potential Cheater: If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_Leviathan with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.

They have stated they prefer the in game reporting system but this works too.

• evoluza wrote: »
    So many people saying there is no cheating and collusion makes me question how widespread it is... well a few people said it's didnt happen to them so we can conclude there is no cheating and no collusion in this game at all. Either that or they are defending their ability to cheat and collude by downplaying it. Now what's more likely?

Or some people on the forum are hardly overreacting and the rest is annoyed by that and goes against it.
    There is cheating, but not more then before people complained about it all day.

Ignorance is bliss and all...
  • Sickarma
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I am surprised they havent already implemented anti-cheating algorithms and that the only way to report cheating is to private message CG_Leviathan, who has been gone since August 29.
    Post edited by Sickarma on
  • Sickarma wrote: »
    There are definitely at least 4 people in my fleet shard who are guilty of collusion. They invited me to a discord to coordinate payouts to maximize rewards. I turned that down and now I am being targeted.

Those who are getting their rewards fight and time each other out without replacing the other. Those who arent getting rewards push me down the ranks. It's the same people every day since I turned down their invite in the spirit of fair competition.

The cheaters swap daily between 1st and 2nd place at 9pm and 10pm GMT-4. They don't even bother to try to fight each other besides the timeouts. Now, they are trying their best to horde the top 4 spots during my payout, forcing me into 5th at best.

I've reported the cheating. Messages @CG_Leviathan too but no response. I did message on August 29, but Lev hasnt been on since the 29th! They need a way better reporting system and algorithms to monitor shards. They need weekly shard rotations too. I was always getting 1st at my previous time. I recently quit my previous job, changed my time to a slot for my new job, but this time slot is full of cheaters, and I have no more tokens to change my time!

This is the 8th day in a row I have been targeted by these cheaters. Is there really only one person who handles reports?

Wrong thread.
This discussion has been closed.