Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Davulous wrote: »
    I see no good reason to make relics dependent on reaching G13. This is just another smack in the face for FTP people who can barely get a single character to G13 yet, and leaving us feeling even more excluded. This is disgusting imo.

FTP have had plenty of time to get multiple toons to G13.

Not if they were working on anything else. I've been clearing hardnodes to try to get finishers and I've got two g13s.

Two = multiple

Yes TVF, I used some hyperbole. I'm sure you grasp the meaning of what I'm saying though. It's an insult to FTPs who only have a few G13, if any at this point.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    I want CONTENT and essentially this is the opposite .... it is Gear 14 only named different.

That is adding another gear crunch on top of the kryo crunch ... and why???? Release CONTENT where i can play my g13 toons and not gear level g14. I still csnnot play more or experiment in swgoh.

There is only reskinned content. And please ... do not name GAC with its flaws as NEW content as it is GA (which was running far more stable...). Except for Acklay mission Geo TB is also nothing new, it is a nice evolution but same skin.

Wow i Love this post! Yes! True raw **** unmasked. Open your eyes and see how they are fooling you! Relics??? New??? No!!! New content??? No!!!!
  • Only new ways to get the dough.. are you people really that blind???
  • Mic drop.
  • Davulous wrote: »
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    I see no good reason to make relics dependent on reaching G13. This is just another smack in the face for FTP people who can barely get a single character to G13 yet, and leaving us feeling even more excluded. This is disgusting imo.

FTP have had plenty of time to get multiple toons to G13.

Not if they were working on anything else. I've been clearing hardnodes to try to get finishers and I've got two g13s.

Two = multiple

Yes TVF, I used some hyperbole. I'm sure you grasp the meaning of what I'm saying though. It's an insult to FTPs who only have a few G13, if any at this point.

Why, though? It's not like you're gonna instantly max all relics anyway, so by the time you max what you have, you can have more characters at G13 and continue the cycle.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Everything is an insult to f2p... except for the part where they, you know, get to play for free.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Those purple 6 dot mods with the red dot indicating further slicing. Not a great takeaway from the relic video.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    We know 6d-6a is coming eventually.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    You are right. It is just disconcerting to see them this soon is all.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    You are right. It is just disconcerting to see them this soon is all.

Seeing it in a video doesn't mean it's coming any time soon.
  • Just once I would like to developers to actually do something that shows how much they appreciate the people that play this game, and not try to suck every last penny out of our pockets. I mean something like this lens itself to new playable content where you can continuously play something to earn these levels by actually PLAYING something..... and not making us grind to farm and spend crystals and yada yada yada do the same old same. Go look at raid SL for a perfect example.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    botabu wrote: »
    Just once I would like to developers to actually do something that shows how much they appreciate the people that play this game

Fleet energy changes?

Mod slicing?

GBA easily farmable with no kyro required for gearing?

Change to daily prize box?

Just four quick ones off the top of my head.
  • I'm excited to see how relics roll out, hopefully it will shake up most of the meta and open the door to a lot of theory crafting; so instead of seeing a bunch of the same teams in the top 50 there might be some diversity. Also, new content takes time to create, and with the recent events of CG changing some of the staff around (it's been only a little over a month?) I'm impressed to see they've made so many minor changes already (I've been playing for 2 1/2 years). Really helps keep the idea that they will continue to create more content after they balance some of the power creep. Will anything ever be perfect? No. But, I enjoy playing the game, and I spend money occasionally, primarily on KOTOR because it was my favorite segment of SW legends lore. I don't think SWGOH has a true paywall unless you always want to be in the top of the shard, guild commitments, or maxing out every character before they become F2P...
  • Rezalder wrote: »
    So for those of us that have spent literally thousands getting to where we’re at...you’re going to make it easier for everyone to catch up and start us on a new track?
    How is this any different than releasing characters to nodes/stores to farm? Or offering raid drop gear in a store? This game has never had a true paywall (read: you HAVE to purchase something to obtain it). You pay for an advantage for an amount of time, and then it opens up for everyone to get it.

Not really. I'm still waiting for Commander Skywalker, General Kenobi etc to become farmable. It's been YEARS with no change in the visible future.
  • What would be interesting is more fleet ships, Y-Wing, B-wing, tie bomber, Hoth fighter. How about ground vehicles like AT-AT and AT-ST, Endor speeder bike. Events for the hord's of useless characters like Jawa's, CUP, mob enforcer. Having the Sith and Jedi Master's actually be the power house toons against the feeble, none force sensitive toons like Geo bugs and rebels. Everyone has their place in the Galaxy. Bring balance back to the force.
  • Gregory_1971
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Another though. How about an option to open 10+ bronzium data cards at a time? It takes me 10-12 seconds per card flip and has been that way for 3+ years with different Google play based tablets.
  • Davulous wrote: »
    I see no good reason to make relics dependent on reaching G13.
    You can't start G14 until you finish G13.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Travesty wrote: »

You can't finish G13.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You can't finish G13.

In fact you can’t even start it.
  • Why G13 gears needed ? G12 will be better for most people and will contribute to reduce the gap between whales players and others players !? as veteran player since the beginning, I think CG need to take care of players that love the game but don't have the ressources to invest big money.
    Reviewing players and ships arena to break the shardmates system and having the opportunities to battle between players at the same level will be useful to retain players.
  • I think most for Relics is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w0jakILepk
    Just feel the force...if there is any shread of light side left..

Unless..Relics are non fight specific..gimme..visual beauty and glorious death moves.
  • What I hope happens with maxing relics is CG has several of the characters already with a new hidden ability that no one knows until the first person unlocks and tells the world! How cool and exciting to have people chasing and maxing relics and characters to get a new ability no one knows of yet to than share with the community and figure out is it worth it etc That joy and excitement would be replicated multiple times as people take chances and max characters for the first time!
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • My God, this new picture frame is HORRIBLE.

• Since the update, my daily activities seem to change their order constantly. It's similar to when you find a gear and buy from that menu, which causes the store options to mix itself up.
  • swgoh meets tron... ok both are walt disney :)

d926an65o3a5.png
  • I have a G13 GM Yoda character and development is still closed.
  • Liath wrote: »

You can't finish G13.

You start it when you click upgrade to gear XIII :facepalm:
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • I am loving the idea of Relics and how matchmaking in GAC has improved, but how about mixing up the Fleet and Squad Arena rosters? There are pay to play people who have gotten over 5.3mgp in less than 2 years against 1000 people who are under 4mgp. Relics are only going to further the power discrepancy.
  • I'm on iOS and I've updated the app but I'm not seeing the new relic system/update in game? I'm confused
  • Juzz wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

You can't finish G13.

You start it when you click upgrade to gear XIII :facepalm:

There are zero pieces that can be applied at g13. The last piece you can apply is the g12 finisher. Hitting upgrade gets you to g13 but doesn’t let you start working on it.
This discussion has been closed.