GAC Problems Solved (collision/points)

2Next

Replies

• 1907 vs 863 and undefeated in GA through 4 rounds and scored 1900 3 of 4 matches. I have no problems clearing or holding on defense (lost 3 of 8 teams this round). I use a universal defense and win 95% of ga, it's more about your strategy and my defense strategy is very good.
    I have played every GAC and GA, starting around 1.6 mill total GP and rising to about 2.6 mill currently and I have yet to have the luxury of being able to set the same defense for every opponent. My opponent's rosters vary significantly and I have limited resources to work with. In order to win, I have to pick a strategy for each opponent and that affects my defensive deployments.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I've realized that even if I score 1900 every week I won't be at the top because people collude and cheat so it's a bit demotivating to clear 8 g12 teams on defense to score 1907 and people collude to get the max 64x8 points possible.

How do you know, that this is the reason?

It's still new ...

How do you know, that it's even a thing?
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    I've realized that even if I score 1900 every week I won't be at the top because people collude and cheat so it's a bit demotivating to clear 8 g12 teams on defense to score 1907 and people collude to get the max 64x8 points possible.

It's still new ...

How do you think it happens? Could be scoring bug, could be cheating, could be collusion, likely all 3 to an extent that's what I'm saying.

If there is a way to get ahead it, it will happen, pretty much how things work on earth.

you wouldn't think people would work with 36 plus guilds to do 3 raids every 6 hours, ya 12 a day, every single day 7 days a week accelerating their growth but that was a thing once. One of those guys is now top 50 player sure he spent but he got a lot for free until they prevented that type of stuff on the dev side.

They can prevent hey this guy has dr malak so I'm gonna work with him on discord to set weakest possible D so he can get 64x8 and he can set all weak defense except his dr malak. The guy with dr malak gets max points and the other guy gets to clear 7 if 8 when he likely wouldn't have gotten anywhere near max for a loss. Then next round back to regular defenses unless there is a mismatch again then collusion.

They are practically asking for it how easy it is to message opponents in GA before u fight them. If it's not a problem now it will be soon...

The fix would be a set defense so you cant change it for the 3 rounds of a GA, that would eliminate any chance of round specific collusion. Sure players cant gameplan for each opponent like they do now but players would have to adjust and gameplan for the other 7 rosters. U pretty much know who's going to be at the top and bottom of ga once the brackets are set. At least I can tell who's competing for the win and who's just placed in there with us. If anyone has another solution sure let's hear it.
  • Waqui wrote: »

It's still new ...

How do you think it happens? Could be scoring bug, could be cheating, could be collusion, likely all 3 to an extent that's what I'm saying.

If there is a way to get ahead it, it will happen, pretty much how things work on earth.

you wouldn't think people would work with 36 plus guilds to do 3 raids every 6 hours, ya 12 a day, every single day 7 days a week accelerating their growth but that was a thing once. One of those guys is now top 50 player sure he spent but he got a lot for free until they prevented that type of stuff on the dev side.

They can prevent hey this guy has dr malak so I'm gonna work with him on discord to set weakest possible D so he can get 64x8 and he can set all weak defense except his dr malak. The guy with dr malak gets max points and the other guy gets to clear 7 if 8 when he likely wouldn't have gotten anywhere near max for a loss. Then next round back to regular defenses unless there is a mismatch again then collusion.

They are practically asking for it how easy it is to message opponents in GA before u fight them. If it's not a problem now it will be soon...

The fix would be a set defense so you cant change it for the 3 rounds of a GA, that would eliminate any chance of round specific collusion. Sure players cant gameplan for each opponent like they do now but players would have to adjust and gameplan for the other 7 rosters. U pretty much know who's going to be at the top and bottom of ga once the brackets are set. At least I can tell who's competing for the win and who's just placed in there with us. If anyone has another solution sure let's hear it.
    You’ve been asked time and time again for any evidence that this goes on, and all you produce is fantasy.

Can you tell me of even one person you are aware of who has taken part in this or been offered to take part in it?

And please don’t reply with your usual “you are naive if you think this doesn’t go on” line. As things stand this is a problem that exists entirely in your own head.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Can you tell me of even one person you are aware of who has taken part in this or been offered to take part in it?

I can. That said, I don't think it's a big issue and really don't care about it. I certainly don't think solving it is worth getting rid of the option for individualized defenses.
  • Sure players cant gameplan for each opponent like they do now but players would have to adjust and gameplan for the other 7 rosters. U pretty much know who's going to be at the top and bottom of ga once the brackets are set. At least I can tell who's competing for the win and who's just placed in there with us. If anyone has another solution sure let's hear it.

Last round, there was one opponent in my group who had a fast enough DR that I would have had to specifically change how I dealt with DR to fight. Of the group, that person's roster/mods were well above the other 6 opponents. That person went 0-3. I'm glad I didn't have to set a defense for that opponent to carry through the 3 rounds where I didn't actually face them.