Sorry Phipps

Replies

• Datt
    23 posts Member
    Yeah I've had days like that, normally I start at 4:30 now just in case...but otherwise I appreciate it. I went 5-3 trying to guess your path today. Thought you would be able to jump to 2nd from 6 but I guessed wrong
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I was able to jump to 2nd from 6th but I would of beat Calvo and he was active at the time so it would of been same situation where him and I would of just kept switching back and forth between 6th and 2nd. Best to go to 4th first then go for top 3, safest play for all of us as long as us 4 take top 4.

@Predian favorite part of my days are when I get to borrow your max Darth Maul. He is such a beast. With Sid lead and poggles buff he can literally 1 shot the table with his special
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Phipps wrote: »

@Predian favorite part of my days are when I get to borrow your max Darth Maul. He is such a beast. With Sid lead and poggles buff he can literally 1 shot the table with his special

I love Maul. He's my favorite guy in GW - once he gets on a little role he can run the table. I need to finish out his gear, he's got an empty stun cuff slot. And I haven't used any level 3 materials for his leader ability..I never use him as a leader.

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I was lucky and pulled a 4 star maul from 1 chrom pull my first time at start of game. He is awesome and was my best character the first few weeks of the game for me. Cant wait till he's farmable one day.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    He's super slow and low HP but if you're fighting against Jedi he's a killer.
  • I pulled a Maul from a chromium, but since he is not farmable, I have not levelled or geared him. One that is maxed out is nice though.
    Empire Relic
  • @Predian @Phipps @LordAlvert , Next week I will be going out of the country for a whole week and I will have no internet access, so it will be interesting to see how far I fall, and how long if ever I am able to climb back up into the top ten.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Insufferable_camper

Hopefully not far, I have trips planned this summer and fall. It's the biggest problem with this game as you won't get the daily log in rewardas well. Dropping in ranks shouldn't be any more of a problem than a few refreshes to get back in the top since you can fight ppl spots way in front of you that you can beat.
  • Yeah I am headed to Mexico for spring break in 2 weeks but luckily they have wifi! At least I hope... My guess is @Insufferable_camper you will drop to mid 100s. Just plan on two days of refreshes and I bet you will be fine. I also like using @Predian s maul. Esp on dark side 7d. He is a beast vs jedi and AI. Sid/poggle/maul. Yoda giving your team seven green buffs each, ohko of rey, daka bringing two guys back. Those are some of my favorite parts to this mobile app...
  • I am hoping I don't fall past 100, I've heard its a free-for-all down there. I am testing something out the next couple of days, I am putting Rey in my lineup overnight to see if less people will attack me, even though it gives me a much lower power rating. If it works, I might leave her in my line-up while I am gone in order to slow the fall. I have been storing up some crystals to use on refreshes for when I return.
    Empire Relic
  • There is obviously no perfect formula for arena defense. Avoid the weak guys in line up. Purple gear, level 9 gear, level 70. No new toons who people wanna "experience." I have oddly found old daka good cause she infuriates. She isn't really that good it's just she makes people mad. I tend to target teams with rey. Just cause I have qgj lead. I think qgj lead is key for defense. I prefer Barriss lead sometimes with like @Opreich s team but don't leave her in there overnight. I also think RG is a deterrent. Dooku some. Old ben ($) deters me some. Any thoughts from you guys? What are you guys thoughts on the topic?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I don't understand why Calvo has exact same lineup forever and is a whale. What is the point of having every toon maxed if he never tried anything new. Clearly he could build 20 different teams that all could be top squads. His current squad is easily beatable too.

I tried my maxed rebel squad of AA, Luke, Biggs and HRS for like 2 days and they just got slaughtered. I have Han max gear and abilities but only 5*, almost 6. Once he's 7 I'll attempt all f2p rebel squad again but I don't think they will be top arena material even with Han turn meter.

I'm so bored of seeing QGJ. I wish they would do like random weekly bans of toons from arena. Like run analytics, of the top 10 used toons in top 200 of arena randomly ban them for a week at a time from arena use. Would make arena 1,000 times more interesting and fun since it would be constantly changing.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    ....and somethings up with the AI lately. Losing way more to teams I use to slaughter and have 5 standing at end of fight
  • I am slowly trying to build a rebel squad. I think it can work. I am a long ways off though and my Leia is only 3 stars.
    Empire Relic
  • Oh cool, I didn't know our shard had online activity.

I'm from Australia and I'm pretty sure Chronotropic is too.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Predian

Have you tried a high end AOE squad yet?

Sid
    Lando
    Maul
    RG

or some form of that. Basically at least 3 to AOE guys and RG to protect, could use Rey or GS.

If I fought that squad I just wouldn't know who to kill first.
  • Hello Opreich, what time are in relation to Greenwich Mean Time?

Also @Phipps , I don't have Lando, but he is next for me once I 7 star Dooku.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Yea I am not doing dooku or QGJ because they are everywhere. I almost have Lando unlocked.
  • Opreich
    65 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hello Opreich, what time are in relation to Greenwich Mean Time?

Also @Phipps , I don't have Lando, but he is next for me once I 7 star Dooku.

+10

I'm also working on Lando. Currently 67/85, looking forward to 7*. As you may know I already have a 7* Greedo. Although unfortunately I had to retire him after the gear changes last patch.
  • +10 would put you 16 hours ahead of me, of course I am not sure how that will be affected by daylight savings time, but I will stay away from you during your time leading up to rewards.

Also, I am only doing Dooku because of the anti-Jedi qualities, I don't plan on using him regularly. But I am looking forward to Lando, I have side maxed out and they would go well together.
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Phipps wrote: »
    @Predian

Have you tried a high end AOE squad yet?

Sid
    Lando
    Maul
    RG

or some form of that. Basically at least 3 to AOE guys and RG to protect, could use Rey or GS.

If I fought that squad I just wouldn't know who to kill first.

My Lando and 88 are not starred or leveled. My projects right now are anakin and Ima. Plus finishing Dooku and RG.

I'd like to use Ewok elder too. If my roster was right I would try something like RG Elder Rey Leia and Maul. Basically 3 hitters with a raise dead and a body guard. But I'm a long time from that being viable. And I don't even know who the leader is in that group. There's no synergy.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Yeah elder is in the top 3 I want. Not farming his 1 hard mode though it would take forever.
  • I am passively farming Ima just because of the syringes. His shards drop faster than the syringes. I like changing and mixing up my line ups, but i see him as a GW character right now.
    Empire Relic
  • I think once Jawa Engineer is released and the level cap goes to 80, Droid/Jawa teams are going to be have the best AoE potential.
  • I think if they made Leia farmable outside of chromiums, it would flip the whole game on its head. You would see as many Rebel teams as Jedi teams.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    +1

It's simple things like that are what really annoy me. Put her in cantina node or arena or GW shipments, instant diversity in arena.
  • Hey @Datt @Phipps @Predian @Insufferable_camper @Opreich

At this point we all know each others time zones and all are respectful about 6pm payout times it seems. For me aguermo, calvo, the Japanese or mandarin language guy are the only ones active during my payout and I don't think they are in my timezone (USA pacific).

Unless it is my time zone at payout and I need to I tend to not target your teams...

If any of you are interested in how the AI plays your teams I would be willing to share it with you. And target you once not on your payout just for that info. For arena level quality guys near 70 and purple and 6 or 7 star I have: yoda, qgj, eeth, ashoka, daka, sid, gs, poggle, ig86, anakin, bariss, lumi, rg and kinda vader (5star) and plenty of other 5 star guys and projects.
  • Yes, I would interested in my team plays and I think we have done a good job of not targeting people in the lead up to their payoffs. Even Calvo has backed off a bunch. The Ktow Kanobee still fights in several time zones though. I try to use my extra battles after Pacific time is over.
    Empire Relic
  • Also, someone mentioned starting a chat line, did anyone work it out?
    Empire Relic
  • Of course I say that earlier and both Predian and Calvo both attack me this evening in my reward hour. Calvo did so just minutes before the rewards were awarded!
    Empire Relic