GAC Matchmaking - Zetas, G13, and 6 dot Mods

Replies

• DHudson wrote: »
    Not one of those you posted is mismatched. Wasted resources on toons never used is a meaningless statistic. Example: 3 zetas on CLS is a waste of zetas. You don't need all 3 for him to be effective. Same can be said for a lot of toons. I'm in division 3 and I don't have DR so no Malak either. My fastest mod set is +127. Haven't lost. Probably not losing this round either. Figure out how to win like the rest of us.

@DHudson LOL. You're basically making the point that matchmaking is only good at creating widely different experiences for different players. If you and your no DR / no Malak / lack of high speed mods roster is undefeated in D3, it probably just goes to show you that MM is strongly favorable to certain rosters....
    Most likely given his position on zetas, he has fewer then most... That is sorta the point zetas are overweighted in the matchmaking system.... He is also proving the point that the matchmaking system is flawed if he says he is winning his matches easily.
  • TVF wrote: »

Disagree.

So you think 19 G13 to 53 G13 is well matched?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

I can tell you that most of my matches have been fairly even, with just a few where I'm at a large advantage. But even then, so what? That should be incentive for the person on the other end to work on their roster.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

I can tell you that most of my matches have been fairly even, with just a few where I'm at a large advantage. But even then, so what? That should be incentive for the person on the other end to work on their roster.

But you just basically confirmed that the MM system is flawed, because those cases of large advantage are created by it.

I disagree that people should have perfectly matched battles every time.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

Are you trolling?

So the matchmaking system works for you great.... For others it doesn't.... I am at a disadvantage every GAC simply because I have 85 zetas... I get matched with someone with only 75.... In div1 and div2 this basically means they have many more g13s and 6e mods.

There is absolutely nothing I can do to fix this problem, other then not adding any new zetas to characters. That really is the only solution.

Look at the examples at the start of this thread... In most cases, one side has more zetas and other has more g13 or 6dot mods.... The player with the 30 g13 toons has the stronger roster by far, but because the GP of the gear is under valued they have the same GP.
    Post edited by Vice_torn on
  • Best strategy is never apply zetas but get g13

You get favorable matches by making the best teams with lowest power possible.

They eliminated paper zombie but introduced paper GA which definitely helps with match making. I have 200 plus zetas and not putting another one on anyone until.... who knows.

Dont wanna mess up my GA advantage
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

Are you trolling?

Nope.

Get some more G13 I guess. Or build more counters.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    Best strategy is never apply zetas but get g13

You get favorable matches by making the best teams with lowest power possible.

They eliminated paper zombie but introduced paper GA which definitely helps with match making. I have 200 plus zetas and not putting another one on anyone until.... who knows.

Dont wanna mess up my GA advantage

I wonder how long will it take for CG to figure that out?

Few Years I bet... they have so many other problems and addressing this doesn't make them a profit like a new legendary would...
  • TVF wrote: »

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

Are you trolling?

Nope.

OK just not understanding then... Right now I am matched to 10 g13 to 40... If I add 30 g13s I will just face someone with 70 g13s... Not as bad I guess.... Only real solution is as stated above and stop adding zetas.... And hope others keep adding them.

As stated above... Zetas are now counter productive in GAC....
  • Build counters against 7 times the gear13 you have..Nice joke.
  • Losers will only complain when they get completely thrashed; I have never complained when I have lost by less than 100 points; it's when I lose by 400-600 points that I start to complain.
    An opponent putting 2 fully maxed G13 teams in the front top corner will stop me dead and I have no way of clearing either of the top zones.

The last GAC I didn't have Malak and EVERY oponent had a G13 malak which they put in the front, top zone and only once did I beat it, and it took 3 teams to do it. I went 1-11 and only lost 1 match by less than 100 points, the other 10 losses were humiliation.
    Now I have Malak and GG so i'll see how it goes.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
    DHudson wrote: »
    Not one of those you posted is mismatched. Wasted resources on toons never used is a meaningless statistic. Example: 3 zetas on CLS is a waste of zetas. You don't need all 3 for him to be effective. Same can be said for a lot of toons. I'm in division 3 and I don't have DR so no Malak either. My fastest mod set is +127. Haven't lost. Probably not losing this round either. Figure out how to win like the rest of us.

@DHudson LOL. You're basically making the point that matchmaking is only good at creating widely different experiences for different players. If you and your no DR / no Malak / lack of high speed mods roster is undefeated in D3, it probably just goes to show you that MM is strongly favorable to certain rosters....
    Most likely given his position on zetas, he has fewer then most... That is sorta the point zetas are overweighted in the matchmaking system.... He is also proving the point that the matchmaking system is flawed if he says he is winning his matches easily.

You people are amazing. I never said I was slow. I never said winning was easy. I said I try to win. People are predictable and defense wins championships. Figure the **** out.

You'd be wrong about the zetas. 598635715.
    You have 45 zetas... By my outlook that is a low count... But I guess that relative... IMO it only becomes an issue I. Div 1/2 when your matched with someone with 10 or more less zetas... And that 25k GP worth of zetas is in the form of g13s and 6e mods
    The amount of gear, zetas, G13 toons, G12 toons, and mods will scale relative to your GP growth.

Wrong, because g13 and mods do not add enough GP. The power of your roster does not scale with GP.

Leta say a wookie a droid and a porg, all start with the exact same roster. The porg adds 10 zetas and increases her GP 25k.. The droid buys 50 vaults and takes 500 mods to 6dot. The wookie buys 60 vaults and rakes 40 chars to g13.

They all end up with the same GP... I suppose we should let the wookie win.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

Are you trolling?

Nope.

OK just not understanding then... Right now I am matched to 10 g13 to 40... If I add 30 g13s I will just face someone with 70 g13s... Not as bad I guess.... Only real solution is as stated above and stop adding zetas.... And hope others keep adding them.

One real solution is to stop adding the wrong zetas.

• dimi4a wrote: »

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

Are you trolling?

Nope.

Or CG can simply re-evaluate Zeta, 6e Mods and G13 GP.
    Why the effort if there is already simpler solution stated above?

Invest in what gives you the bigger benefit comparatively to GP increase instead of trying to change the system.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »

Disagree.

Depends on the context.

Are you trolling?

Nope.

Or CG can simply re-evaluate Zeta, 6e Mods and G13 GP.

Which is more likely, that CG will fix your problems for you or that you will fix your problems for yourself?

You only have control over one of these options.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Doesn't invalidate anything I said.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    You can continue to repeat it as much as you want, it will never change the fact that

a) They say these types of things all the time and there's no guarantee anything will change
    b) If something does change there's no guarantee it will help you, in fact it might make it worse for you
    c) You have control over your roster, and no control over what CG does