update = phone force closing?

Ever since this last update, my phone crashes/ force closes. It never happened before. Now it is happening multiple time a day. (Five times this morning alone.) I cleared my cashe, no problem with storage, etc. Not sure what is going on, but it takes the fun out of playing if it closes itself in the middle of whatever I am doing. Anyone else experiencing this? What do I do to make it stop?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Somebody in my guild mentioned this happening with all of his apps a couple days ago and ultimately determined the Reddit app to be the culprit.
  • Thank you for the reply. I do not use Reddit on my phone, but did go through and uninstall every app that I do not use, uninstalled and reinstalled SWGOH, and do not have anything else open when in use. It has never happened until the last day or so. Again, thanks for the suggestion, I am open to anything at this point, lol.
  • This is happening to me often - it is especially bad while TW is running. The devs mentioned in the Q & A that the game is badly in need of optimization after the recent updates. I was having this problem awhile ago too and support suggested reinstalling only to see the problem go away when the devs made some major optimizations back then.
    Looking forward to the next round.
  • Are you playing on the recently unsupported device? IOS10 or below?
  • so far, fingers crossed, uninstalling and reinstalling the game has stopped the crashing. I hope it works for you as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Make sure to report all bugs and issues to Answers HQ to ensure the dev team is aware of your particular situation. Even if something has been reported before relevant data can be gained with additional reports.
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>