Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Sickarma wrote: »
    There are definitely at least 4 people in my fleet shard who are guilty of collusion. They invited me to a discord to coordinate payouts to maximize rewards. I turned that down and now I am being targeted.

Those who are getting their rewards fight and time each other out without replacing the other. Those who arent getting rewards push me down the ranks. It's the same people every day since I turned down their invite in the spirit of fair competition.

The cheaters swap daily between 1st and 2nd place at 9pm and 10pm GMT-4. They don't even bother to try to fight each other besides the timeouts. Now, they are trying their best to horde the top 4 spots during my payout, forcing me into 5th at best.

I've reported the cheating. Messages @CG_Leviathan too but no response. I did message on August 29, but Lev hasnt been on since the 29th! They need a way better reporting system and algorithms to monitor shards. They need weekly shard rotations too. I was always getting 1st at my previous time. I recently quit my previous job, changed my time to a slot for my new job, but this time slot is full of cheaters, and I have no more tokens to change my time!

This is the 8th day in a row I have been targeted by these cheaters. Is there really only one person who handles reports?

That's not cheating so you won't get anywhere reporting it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You ever notice the only people who think shard mafias are a good thing are those in said mafias? And their excuses defending are absolutely asinine. "If people had to actually earn their spot in a PvP based event without gaming the system they would quit." Yeah so? Then the people who actually wanted to earn it would fill those spots. The game would grow as a lot more people would actually give a crap about that part of the game.

Also I don't understand why people keep trying to claim cheating isn't rampant in this game. Didn't they just say they caught and banned several hundred out of a couple thousand reported in August alone? You can bet these people had been cheating for a long time, (it's not like the cheat bulldog didn't show was new or obscure) and were just the ones who got lazy and complacent about trying not to get caught since no one was really doing anything besides giving lip service about it so you wouldn't stop handing your money over.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Also I don't understand why people keep trying to claim cheating isn't rampant in this game. Didn't they just say they caught and banned several hundred out of a couple thousand reported in August alone? You can bet these people had been cheating for a long time, (it's not like the cheat bulldog didn't show was new or obscure) and were just the ones who got lazy and complacent about trying not to get caught since no one was really doing anything besides giving lip service about it so you wouldn't stop handing your money over.

What numbers would you call rampant out of millions of players? %0.1? %1? %10?

• You ever notice the only people who think shard mafias are a good thing are those in said mafias? And their excuses defending are absolutely asinine. "If people had to actually earn their spot in a PvP based event without gaming the system they would quit." Yeah so? Then the people who actually wanted to earn it would fill those spots. The game would grow as a lot more people would actually give a crap about that part of the game.

Wrong thread.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Based on GA registration there's what 1 million active players? There was a thread of the max rank in divisions and I think it was about 150k maybe 250k in the biggest divisions. Let's say 1m, I doubt its higher than 2m.

So out of a million players if 10,000 reported that's 1% and they banned a few hundred so another 1% of that 1%. Roughly 1 in every 100 players is reported for cheating and 1 out of that 100 reported actually gets a ban. Does that make it rampant probally not but it exists definitely.
  • No_Try wrote: »

Based on GA registration there's what 1 million active players? There was a thread of the max rank in divisions and I think it was about 150k maybe 250k in the biggest divisions. Let's say 1m, I doubt its higher than 2m.

So out of a million players if 10,000 reported that's 1% and they banned a few hundred so another 1% of that 1%. Roughly 1 in every 100 players is reported for cheating and 1 out of that 100 reported actually gets a ban. Does that make it rampant probally not but it exists definitely.

The problem is that cheating disproportionately affects the people who pay the most to support the game. That's the issue. Maybe a fraction of a % of people actually cheat, but that tiny fraction directly screws over the whales in the game.

• If there are only 100 people cheating in the game that’s a minuscule percentage of the player base. But when those 100 people are all over the tops of the leaderboard it can completely ruin a game mode that is meant to be ultra competitive.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If there are only 100 people cheating in the game that’s a minuscule percentage of the player base. But when those 100 people are all over the tops of the leaderboard it can completely ruin a game mode that is meant to be ultra competitive.

But without any actual knowledge that statement is as meaningless as calling it rampant.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If there are only 100 people cheating in the game that’s a minuscule percentage of the player base. But when those 100 people are all over the tops of the leaderboard it can completely ruin a game mode that is meant to be ultra competitive.

But without any actual knowledge that statement is as meaningless as calling it rampant.

then again what does it matter when people who are supposedly banned for cheating are allowed to "obtain" other high level accounts and play as if nothing ever happened as long as they dont rename the account to his original name
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

then again what does it matter when people who are supposedly banned for cheating are allowed to "obtain" other high level accounts and play as if nothing ever happened as long as they dont rename the account to his original name

He wasn't banned for cheating. He was banned for hacking. He didn't gain resources or an unfair advantage which is what cheating means. He lost matches on purpose before using it. Hacking the game is a violation of the ToS. But by definition he did not cheat.
  • clxd83qr7ax1.jpg
  • I think both can get new accounts as long as they dont do something to call attention to themselves and stay under the radar...

naming a new account the same as the most popular account ever banned and finish on the top of the leaderboard is probally a bad move to call attention to yourself.

The other 99 players banned could have picked up new accounts and as long as they dont call attention to themselves like streaming or reusing a banned name then devs won't really know. Especially if they are smart enough to use a new device on a new dsp or VPN. Yall fighting a losing war.
  • Is it possible to cheat on defense? I faced an opponent in GAC that had a lot of characters less than g12 but yet my g12 toons couldn’t take them down. I was barely doing any damage to characters that I would normally have no issue with. It seemed really odd for me and I had to waste a ton of teams to beat junk squads.
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Is it possible to cheat on defense? I faced an opponent in GAC that had a lot of characters less than g12 but yet my g12 toons couldn’t take them down. I was barely doing any damage to characters that I would normally have no issue with. It seemed really odd for me and I had to waste a ton of teams to beat junk squads.

Mods?
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Is it possible to cheat on defense? I faced an opponent in GAC that had a lot of characters less than g12 but yet my g12 toons couldn’t take them down. I was barely doing any damage to characters that I would normally have no issue with. It seemed really odd for me and I had to waste a ton of teams to beat junk squads.

Got some numbers of the toons? Hp/prot/tenacity etc.?
  • Kyno wrote: »

If you are cheating in PvP but not actually winning then what exactly are you cheating for?
  • Surferfbp
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I have a new type of cheating that just happened to me. My opponent put down 1 team, then used all his for attacks. Because it only gives the bare minimum for empty slots, I only got 16 points for every fight I couldn’t take. He came in, swept the board, and won. How is this fair? Is this an intentional strategy? If so, it’s not fun in the slightest, and I will stop joining the championships.04u44s3lmu9l.jpeg
    7b53uiqzlcfw.jpeg

• Booooom wrote: »
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

Got some numbers of the toons? Hp/prot/tenacity etc.?
    lp5zq20dxenh.png

That was his sion, he had 0 protection and roughly 75% health left. I targeted him with my IPD and he only took him down to 25% health and then he regained it almost immediately.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Surferfbp wrote: »
    I have a new type of cheating that just happened to me. My opponent put down 1 team, then used all his for attacks. Because it only gives the bare minimum for empty slots, I only got 16 points for every fight I couldn’t take. He came in, swept the board, and won. How is this fair? Is this an intentional strategy? If so, it’s not fun in the slightest, and I will stop joining the championships.04u44s3lmu9l.jpeg
    7b53uiqzlcfw.jpeg

Placing a defense that someone cant clear and winning due to the inability of your opponent to win, is not cheating.

Absolutely this is not fun.
  • Surferfbp wrote: »
    7b53uiqzlcfw.jpeg

He is using his roster for offense while preventing you from scoring points it's not fun not to be able to beat a dr team I agree but what he did is a legit strategy but he is just hurting himself and you by not setting D.

Another way to look at it is even if he would have set full D u couldn't have cleared and would not have won. Sure u would have scored more but still he would win.

He does deserve a win bec he killed your whole defense and u couldn't even kill one of his teams. Nothing wrong with that.
  • I had to kill a dr malak team and a zz gg team and zeta bugs and zeta clones to win and I dont even have a dr, it's possible if you have all the counters.
  • reovalis wrote: »

Now I can click on the report tag and watch it disappear into the abyss. No idea of the resolution.

Ditto.
    I hadn't run against a cheater until the GAC going on now.
    EA/CG is a joke.

• Oh what our game has turned into ;)
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited September 2019

If you are cheating in PvP but not actually winning then what exactly are you cheating for?

I can't imagine a scenario like that, but if such a far-fetch situation were to occur it couldn't actually be called cheating since that would require using an unfair advantage to win. If a player were to lose on purpose, then make use of some kind of hack, that would probably get a player in trouble if anyone found out, but it would clearly NOT be the same thing as cheating by definition.

I'm sure that nobody is so rigid, and blind to nuance that they would hold that against such a player or fail to differentiate such actions from cheating. CG especially would show reasonableness and common sense in dealing with someone who didn't actually acquire any illicit resources or negatively impact any other opponents. If (and I'm just throwing this out as a hypothetical) someone did that to prove that cheating is not being detected at all, and that caused a bunch of ACTUAL cheaters to get caught, then people should be greatful to this fictional player in our hypothetical scenario.

Things we know as 100%, hard core, iron clad, empirically proven facts:

1. The number of cheaters in the game is NOT zero. Players have been, and are continuing to be caught cheating. Players were disappearing off of the leaderboard after the first GAC. Catching them is a full time position for someone at CG.

2. Cheating is not usually detected unless someone is doing something blatantly obvious that draws scrutiny.

Logical assumption we can reasonably make, and implications of the above facts:

1. There are more cheaters out there not getting caught besides the ones that get caught.

2. Cheaters should usually do better than those playing fair all other things being equal.

3. A single cheater can affect hundreds if not thousands of other players given a large enough span of time. (In a single 5 week GAC he/she will face 15 opponents. He/she may displace other players on the GAC leaderboard, displace people daily in both arenas, outperform guildmates in raids, and tip the balance in TWs. That last one can affect whole guilds at a time.)

4. If they are careful enough then cheaters can stay at it without getting busted.

That said, there is no basis to assume that it's a rampant problem that is spiraling out of control. Nobody needs to fear monger. But there equally NO BASIS AT ALL to conclude that it is a tiny, insignificant problem that is completely under control. Insisting on either can't be supported by evidence since nobody, not even CG, can tell how many there are.

It is, as best anyone can say, a problem of indeterminate size that will always exist, and require a hard to quantify amount of effort to keep in check. I'm happy that it is getting slightly more attention and effort from CG since that means that it could potentially be made smaller. Less cheaters is a good thing in my opinion. Maybe someone disagrees with that.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Wrong thread.

The thread is about cheating. Derp. There is cheating in GAC, Squad Arena, Fleet Arena, Territory Wars, and Territory Battles.
  • Sickarma wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Wrong thread.

The thread is about cheating. Derp. There is cheating in GAC, Squad Arena, Fleet Arena, Territory Wars, and Territory Battles.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But he wasn't talking about cheating. He was talking about shard chats. It's not clear that alliances can be called cheating and CG has said they don't really intend to do anything about that.

If he were discussing someone hacking to win in arena (which is universally accepted as unfair) he'd be in the right place. There are dozens of other threads on the separate topic of shard chats which include intense disagreement as to how that should be classified.

However, thanks for the insult.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    7b53uiqzlcfw.jpeg

Placing a defense that someone cant clear and winning due to the inability of your opponent to win, is not cheating.

It's not cheating, because its possible, but it shouldn't be able to happen. At all.

The empty zones should give 65 points and count as an undermanned successful attack for Feats.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    7b53uiqzlcfw.jpeg

It's not cheating, because its possible, but it shouldn't be able to happen. At all.

The empty zones should give 65 points and count as an undermanned successful attack for Feats.

Please no... this would make even more collusion because people could get more points by both of them not setting D colluding together to both get max scores. Minus the victory points.

Defense should be filled always. Devs just dont seem to have much foresight and keep designing systems that can be abused. That's not players fault for abusing what were given.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    7b53uiqzlcfw.jpeg

Please no... this would make even more collusion because people could get more points by both of them not setting D colluding together to both get max scores. Minus the victory points.

Defense should be filled always. Devs just dont seem to have much foresight and keep designing systems that can be abused. That's not players fault for abusing what were given.

Well they're definitely abusing the system and it needs to be stopped.
This discussion has been closed.