Duplicate teams in tw after today’s server issues

I can’t get a screenshot of this because the teams are too far apart, but does anyone else see duplicate teams set on defense? We only have a few but it happened right around the time when the login issues occurred. I did restart my game just to see if it was a visual bug.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Recently it was described how duplicate teams could occur in GA. It involved loosing connection right after having pressed the 'set' button. So.... yes, it may be possible.
  • We weren’t exploiting. It just happened randomly today.
  • 8t85c18f251v.png
    it happend to me, the connexion issue posted a double of my fo squad because of the message "reload", and it's impossible to remove it...
  • @Jwalker1900 this is from a guild mates shard chat.
  • So I'm not the only... after setting 4-5 defense squad, suddenly got a connectivity error and after hitting the try again button, I got this... b2i8iypwgfhb.jpg
  • and that's why, again, it should be possible to remove squads in the TW/GA defense slots as long as the defensive phase is on, or maybe the 20 first hours of the defense setting phase, and lock it olny the few last hours to prevent the "last second removal" by accident or fury-move
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    keknoby wrote: »
    and that's why, again, it should be possible to remove squads in the TW/GA defense slots as long as the defensive phase is on, or maybe the 20 first hours of the defense setting phase, and lock it olny the few last hours to prevent the "last second removal" by accident or fury-move

We just asked about this and unfortunately due to the current architecture of the code, this is not something that can easily be added.
    @Austin9370

No it's a bug. It doesnt seem to be something that can be done intentionally and only happens in rare cases. This connection issue may have spurned a larger than normal occurrence this round.
  • Given the scope, duration and timing of the service disruptions today, this could actually be a significant issue for both the TW and the GA.

Can the dev team at least identify occurrences of this @Kyno ?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    @Kyno is this not a posted exploit that should be removed? ...assuming this can be done on the user's end too.

How is it an exploit if the connection is lost due to a problem on the server side, as it probably is in this case?
  • I am in Calisse's guild, it definitely was not intentional.
  • What the bip is this new bug
  • So we are just going to roll with this TW and pretend the bug doesn’t exist?
  • I have the same problems, so how to manage in the right way this bug? I won't to make any bad effort to my entire Guild cause a worldwide connection issue...
  • Up
    We are still playing with duplicate teams, what we have to do? It's a technical problems that give us an advantage, we need a feedback about this before the end of war. Thanks
  • LastNeuron wrote: »
    Up
    We are still playing with duplicate teams, what we have to do? It's a technical problems that give us an advantage, we need a feedback about this before the end of war. Thanks
    If you ended up with 2 copies of a team placed on defense there is really nothing you can do.

If you ended up with a team placed on defense but still available to attack, the safest (and fairest) course of action would be not to use them.
  • It's the first case: duplicate teams on defense but not present for the attack option
  • Seeing this as well, but it does no appear to affect game play itself.
  • Just pretend it didnt happen. I would be fine using a team I set on defense once or twice or 3 times again on offense because it's their bug, others will likely do it too so I have to also to keep up, it's only fair. No one is getting banned for their glitchy servers.