Are Clones working as expected? (Clones vs. DR)

2Next

Replies

• nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Hortus wrote: »
    They don't exactly "counter" (at least not hard counter) Malak. Good Grievous, Padme, JKR and CLS (did I skip someone?) teams can beat Malak on offense. But all of them are just food for weaker DR teams on defense. Ok, now clones added to the list. What does it change?

A new faction, 501st is released, and they are very obviously missing the leader. You toss in a generic clone leader with abilities similar to Geo Alpha where the leadership is to add some generic buff, speed, and then a base health/protection. Because of the base speed and this additional speed, mathematically it hard counters Malak. It's sad to even see it come close to actually doing damage to malak, but with fives zeta, echo's big hit, it definitely takes that team down.

You can argue symantics of hard vs. soft counters. I posted this thread in the general section because it seemed like a coincidence and not something that was intended. I assume also the developers don't really care because they know General Skywalker is going to be making his way into the game shortly and Shaak Ti won't be around to lead the 501st anymore. This would require some sort of restriction to Shaak Ti's kit which would allow her to work with generic or new clones (can't do that until they are added obviously) or to reset the speed to account for this leadership in comparison to sith empire. Keep in mind, JKR is a speed leadership, Shaak ti, KRU are as well. But the base speeds on the majority of that squad is much lower. When you have a squad designed to have 1 more speed then the meta, and an ability that makes the entire squad gain 100%TM, it's pretty clear how powerful that could be. I think it's a matter of time, I don't think it was intended. That's why I asked the question.
  • If clones are going to be meta, that's gonna be hilarious because my 60K Jawas team takes out half of a 90K G12 Clone team with 2 zeta. Can wait to see what my Jawa at 70K do.
  • I am in the top #30 of arena with Shaak Ti & Clones. All zetas except Fives’ 15% TM gain one. My Rex has fmmwz8yzxxfg.png
    ~380 speed (after mods, leadership and unique bonuses) and, yes, he gives full TM to my team at the beginning of every battle.

I run this team every day now because I like it and it is fun. But my win-rate against DR/Malak teams is about 30%. Against DR (without Malak) teams it’s around 80%. And it is about 90% against JKR. I rarely vs Padme teams because of the attacks out of turn.

I am incredibly sure these interactions are working as intended. I don’t see why this may appear to be not WAI in any way..
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    I am in the top #30 of arena with Shaak Ti & Clones. All zetas except Fives’ 15% TM gain one. My Rex has fmmwz8yzxxfg.png
    ~380 speed (after mods, leadership and unique bonuses) and, yes, he gives full TM to my team at the beginning of every battle.

I run this team every day now because I like it and it is fun. But my win-rate against DR/Malak teams is about 30%. Against DR (without Malak) teams it’s around 80%. And it is about 90% against JKR. I rarely vs Padme teams because of the attacks out of turn.

I am incredibly sure these interactions are working as intended. I don’t see why this may appear to be not WAI in any way..

Have you tried it with anakin in there for heal and buff immunity Vs malak?
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    I am in the top #30 of arena with Shaak Ti & Clones. All zetas except Fives’ 15% TM gain one. My Rex has fmmwz8yzxxfg.png

Have you tried it with anakin in there for heal and buff immunity Vs malak?

I have but my JKA is only 5* G11 and dies instantly..