Nest. Change needed?

I like this game. For the most part it works well. I have fun playing this game. Ok....now my Friday afternoon complaint. Nest. Does she need to be reworked a little? I just played an arena match that had Nest, Q and HYoda. It was a draw with my entire team having full health and protection and I did over a million in damage to Nest but I still couldn’t get through the protection up. I’m sure part of it is my fault through strategy but seriously a full health JTR team doing over a million in damage can’t beat Nest is a little silly.

I’m sure some with disagree and that’s fine but you can’t deny that having one character routinely take on a beat a squad on her own is a bit silly.

Replies

• If you’re using JTR against Nest you need to be careful to only use basic attacks, otherwise you’ll remove too much turn meter from her.
  • Nest is perfectly beatable if you bring the correct tools.

Landing exposes so she loses TM and using JTR’s handwave are your problem. Nest LOVES people removing her TM.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Also bring scavenger Rey instead of RT for less exposes when using basics. Bring Finn still and enjoy his increasing damage on his special.

Nest is fine.
  • JTR has the tools to beat Nest just fine.

But you have to let Nest take a turn.
    Nest is perfectly beatable if you bring the correct tools.

Landing exposes so she loses TM and using JTR’s handwave are your problem. Nest LOVES people removing her TM.
    Landing exposes is not what drains TM under JTR lead.
    Still not a he.
  • Nest is fine. Your approach is wrong.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    JTR has the tools to beat Nest just fine.

The infliction of the expose does not reduce TM, but the exposes cause it whenever a Res ally uses a special.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    JTR has the tools to beat Nest just fine.

Yeah, worded it badly. Once you land them, she’ll lose TM when you use a special.

My guess is the OP got down to Nest and hit Auto.

He would probably have taken it down if he’d hit “auto basic”
  • 1) get her inflicted with tenacity up (BB8's basic)
    2) get her dazed (BB8 basic aswell) and stunned (R2 / Finn)
    3) use basics only (including BB8) when she's stunned and built up some protection ups
    4) use high dmg specials from JTR, RT or Finn when she's out of stun
    4.1) use R2's smoke screen to avoid attacking Nest in that time window
    4.2) use BB8's illuminated destiny in that time window if available otherwise use covert data to avoid attacking Nest
    4.3) use JTR's mind trick if your next character to go is either RT or Finn since they're hitting harder

Vs extremely slow g12/13 Nests this can be quite a long battle but usually it's an easy win.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Diversify your team. She’s remarkably easy to beat with a number of characters and compositions. You just have to be careful to not play the all-out focus-fire offense against her that works in most other situations.

She’s easy for a Resistance team. Ignore her, only attack with Finn’s stun. Use it every chance you can get. But otherwise ignore her, then when she’s the last one left use only basics so she gets a chance to take a turn and then lose her protection.

Alternatively, drop your fifth character and instead use 4 Resistance characters and Jango Fett. Then use his special to reduce her health by 25%. Since her bonus protection is directly based off her maximum health, this will drastically reduce the amount she gets every time she’s hit. If you even need to get a second special off and drop her to 50%, then you guarantee your win (as I said—Assuming you haven’t already won by then).

The longwinded point I’m making is that it’s natural to think she needs a change. But once you take a look beneath the surface you see that she works absolutely fine. Even the play style she’s intended to counter can beat her if you play right. Although some squads (Ewoks!) are just murdered by her outright. Don’t use those squads!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Just because you cant beat something doesnt mean its broken.
  • Nest is really easy to beat if you just take eight seconds to read her kit, instead of just button mashing and then wondering why you lose.

She's a dummy test, and you failed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Don't bring a saw to do a hammers job.
  • Typical JTR team vs Nest
    1. Go into options and select basics only
    2. Put it on Auto. Eventually Nest will die.