GAC Data collection tools should be stopped.

Replies

• Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    It doesn't do anything more than you could do with paper and a pencil.

Again - it's third party I don't want to share with

Too bad. You can't stop people from collecting the data that is available to them. If they were just manually entering the data into an excel sheet how would you propose to stop them? Go to their house and break their fingers so they aren't "stealing your data"?

Too bad. You can't stop people from collecting the data that is available to them. If they were just manually entering the data into an excel sheet how would you propose to stop them? Go to their house and break their fingers so they aren't "stealing your data"?

If someone collects and sales my personal data (really important one) - I have law to stop it.
    I just want to prevent this bot from collecting my gaming data as it's against TOS and I don't want paying customers to have access to collected data.
    @Hotsauce still didn't answer if bot is collecting any personal data or just stats from toons, I'm waiting for it and for dev's confirmation on that
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    In my opinion, you're taking this way too seriously.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

If someone collects and sales my personal data (really important one) - I have law to stop it.
    I just want to prevent this bot from collecting my gaming data as it's against TOS and I don't want paying customers to have access to collected data.
    @Hotsauce still didn't answer if bot is collecting any personal data or just stats from toons, I'm waiting for it and for dev's confirmation on that

Where in the TOS does it say that you can't collect the data that is available to you?
  • CoSrenegade
    195 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This bot is doing exactly one thing: saving time.
    It is not showing you data you do not have access to. You can write down all of your history, or you can use screenshots, or an excel sheet or … use a programmed database which is doing the math for you.

Its still the same data, it just saves you time. So the decision is not paying on gaining data you must not see (that would be cheating, no debate about that), but paying for having more comfort and save some time.

If you want to safe the money and come up with your own program or app or excel you have to fill manually: Go for it.

Or just play without doing at all. Trust your own guts sometimes is better than any statistics. Use the force or let the force serve you. Choose your side :)

If bot has access to MY data - bot is third party and it's against TOS cuz I didn't register and allowed it to use MY data

Yes YOUR data. It is collecting YOUR data FOR YOU on YOUR BEHALF.
    Like modding services.

If that's against the TOS, how about every UI modification in World of Warcraft? They are also using YOUR DATA to SHOW YOU when YOU SHOULD USE ABILITY X FOR CLASS Y ON THIS XACT MILLISECOND.

And now take any other game for that matter?

This bot is doing none of these things it only saves so much time.
    It's a simple weather app on your homescreen using YOUR location based ON YOUR PERMISSION to show you YOUR forecast so YOU don't have to go to weather.com and type your postal code in.
    Sorry, but find something else to complain about… Saving time is godsent.

Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks

I collect no other data then the same public profile information that is available on sites like swgoh.gg.
  • Other similar games have battle history / logs you can see easily. As was said by quite a few people, millions of people play this game, there are hundreds of videos and websites dedicated to show counters to particular teams and how to beat events. If you think your team is "super sekrit skwirrel!" enough that you're the only one who knows about it, you are sorely misguided.

Besides, what will current meta's mean anyway after Gear 14 (oh, I mean Relics!) are released and everything changes again?

If cheating wasn't so blatant, significant, and apparently easy for people to do, CG wouldn't have had to worry about this battle logging aspect.
  • If you're really concerned about this, switch up your defense a bit. Swap back pairs or move some squads to offense and put others on D. Feats might cause you to do this anyway.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
    It is not showing you data you do not have access to. You can write down all of your history, or you can use screenshots, or an excel sheet or … use a programmed database which is doing the math for you.

Its still the same data, it just saves you time. So the decision is not paying on gaining data you must not see (that would be cheating, no debate about that), but paying for having more comfort and save some time.

If you want to safe the money and come up with your own program or app or excel you have to fill manually: Go for it.

Or just play without doing at all. Trust your own guts sometimes is better than any statistics. Use the force or let the force serve you. Choose your side :)

If bot has access to MY data - bot is third party and it's against TOS cuz I didn't register and allowed it to use MY data

Like modding services.

If that's against the TOS, how about every UI modification in World of Warcraft? They are also using YOUR DATA to SHOW YOU when YOU SHOULD USE ABILITY X FOR CLASS Y ON THIS XACT MILLISECOND.

It's a simple weather app on your homescreen using YOUR location to show you YOUR forecast so YOU don't have to go to weather.com and type your postal code in.

Yeah, I usually ALLOW those apps or games or whatever to use MY data, but in this bot's case I don't allow and it's gonna somehow collect it and use it against my will
  • Hotsauce wrote: »

I collect no other data then the same public profile information that is available on sites like swgoh.gg.

But bot saves it combined with def teams, right?
  • I cn't believe it can't be used (or paying customers have access to it) if it's collected that way

Like modding services.

It's a simple weather app on your homescreen using YOUR location to show you YOUR forecast so YOU don't have to go to weather.com and type your postal code in.

Yeah, I usually ALLOW those apps or games or whatever to use MY data, but in this bot's case I don't allow and it's gonna somehow collect it and use it against my will

Actually you do allow it to use your data for this game to be used for other purposes. CG can use this data however they see fit and if they decide that SWGOH.GG, for example, is going to be allowed to provide this data to other players, then you are allowing them to if you continue to play the game (or even if you don't since they'll still have historical data for you until you stop playing).
  • Hotsauce
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Again Dmitry, you start this thread with il-intentions with the obvious need to make a point but the mistake you made was not doing your own research first.

Now your sitting here thinking you need to win this fight to avoid your own embarrassment.

I will not engage further. If you have any more questions I encourage you to come find me on discord, I’ll even throw you a trial if you want. You will quickly see my system collects and shows no more data than someone can recreate on a piece paper.

I have been careful to do my best to work with CG every step of the way with all my tools. Everything I do is aimed at benefiting the community and the game I love. And I am extremely careful and deliberate with everything.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Other similar games have battle history / logs you can see easily. As was said by quite a few people, millions of people play this game, there are hundreds of videos and websites dedicated to show counters to particular teams and how to beat events. If you think your team is "super sekrit skwirrel!" enough that you're the only one who knows about it, you are sorely misguided.

Besides, what will current meta's mean anyway after Gear 14 (oh, I mean Relics!) are released and everything changes again?

If cheating wasn't so blatant, significant, and apparently easy for people to do, CG wouldn't have had to worry about this battle logging aspect.

You are absolutely right, but... There are rules and one of them - don't collect other people data without permission.
    I'm OK if bot will collect only player's data on HIS (HERS) side, but not mine. Or if it will collect only data on registered users, no problem.
    But I'm against collecting MY data against my will.
    Hope it's clear enough
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Other similar games have battle history / logs you can see easily. As was said by quite a few people, millions of people play this game, there are hundreds of videos and websites dedicated to show counters to particular teams and how to beat events. If you think your team is "super sekrit skwirrel!" enough that you're the only one who knows about it, you are sorely misguided.

You are absolutely right, but... There are rules and one of them - don't collect other people data without permission.
    I'm OK if bot will collect only player's data on HIS (HERS) side, but not mine. Or if it will collect only data on registered users, no problem.
    Hope it's clear enough

So if I write down how I've beaten your bugs with my jawas, you don't like it?

I am afraid that's called competition.
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Hotsauce wrote: »
    Again Dmitry, you start this thread with il-intentions with the obvious need to make a point but the mistake you made was not doing your own research first.

Now your sitting here thinking you need to win this fight to avoid your own embarrassment.

I will not engage further. If you have any more questions I encourage you to come find me on discord, I’ll even throw you a trial if you want. You will quickly see my system collects and shows no more data than someone can recreate on a piece paper.

I have been careful to do my best to work with CG every step of the way with all my tools. Everything I do is aimed at benefiting the community and the game I love. And I am extremely careful and deliberate with everything.

How can I not win if you're not answering clear and obvious question: does the data collected correspond to player ID / ally code?

Hope it's clear enough

I won't like if anyone can enter my ally code and learn my def
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    OP, if I ever play you in GAC I'm going to write down how I did versus your teams, bwahaha.

Cool, I'll do same. The qhestion is who does have access to all of us and our data

Hope it's clear enough

So if I play a match against you and post your defenses on reddit you gonna get upset?
  • I agree with OP, this is unfair. In using this bot the subscriber ($10 a month) can see my past defenses in each zone. Which 9 out of 10 times will be my current defenses in those zones.

Currently, non subscribers to this bot do NOT have this data in any form. Having/using this data from this bot IS in violation of the TOS of SWGOH. It's giving you an unfair advantage over your opponent who does not have the same data to use because they chose not to subscribe to a 3rd party API.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member

Hope it's clear enough

So if I play a match against you and post your defenses on reddit you gonna get upset?

I mean, you really shouldn't need to do that. Why would you do that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Hope it's clear enough

Upset with you? Sure )
    But you are the second party and have 100% right to post it, third party does not

Hope it's clear enough

Upset with you? Sure )
    But you are the second party and have 100% right to post it, third party does not

So I wouldn't be allowed to write a tool that parses reddit posts for defense information and posts the collected data then?
  • Looks like it says just that to me...dar5ns3rmv1f.jpg
  • NoblePyro wrote: »
    Looks like it says just that to me...

#1: Noble, They could only see your past defenses, from a time they had previously faced you one on one. The same way that they could of wrote down your defenses or recorded them into excel during that head to head match up.

#2: Nowhere does my system allow you to see previous defenses of other random people, no matter what level of a subscriber you may be with me.

If what you are is taking issue with #1, then yes guilty as charged. I created a record keeping system that is more efficient than manual entry into excel.

Hotsauce
  • @Hotsauce Ty, for the clarification. The way I read it made it sound like that happened. Maybe OP misread like I have. o:)

Hope it's clear enough

Upset with you? Sure )

What if I post your defenses vs me in my discord chat and one of the other chat members posts your defenses on reddit for everyone to laugh at? You gonna sue him?

What about the ga bot that collects your data, toons, char and ship gp, mods, stats, history in GA, etc, etc, etc... all based on just an ally code. GA bots have existed for months and can be used by any 3rd party to query your roster, mods, and history in the game.

All I have to do is look at swgoh gg find your ally code and put it in the bot to scout your roster, mods, gears, and lifetime stats
This discussion has been closed.