Suggestion: Rotate the start times for GAC seasons

It seems to me there is a slight advantage to being able to wait until near the end of the closing time for the match to enter the battle. If you can wait until after your opponent has exhausted their offensive teams, knowing what score you need to beat can help you better plan your attack strategy. So...here's the problem: I live in Taiwan. The timing for GAC matches always has them ending at 4AM my time. Unless I want to wake up at 3AM to start my attack, I'm almost always the first one to attack (which I generally do at about 11PM to midnight, before I go to bed). So assuming my opponent is from the US or Europe, they always have the luxury of knowing my offensive result before attacking, and being able to start their attack at a reasonable time.

Out of fairness to other players around the globe, would it be possible to consider rotating the start times for GAC seasons so that people in other time zones have a chance to use this slight advantage at reasonable times occasionally?

Replies

• Whether or not finishing your attacks second gives you an advantage this is a good idea. Everyone should get a chance to play the way they want. Rotating start times helps achieve this.
  • I think what you are true? It may be in some cases, but it may simply not make any difference in others. My last opponent had 3 times more g12 than I had, two g13 against none of mine and simply lost and couldn't win. He had a JKR team with two g13 and an absurdly higher speed than mine, but the other g12 were spread across different teams and had no synergy with each other. As a result, I knocked down 5 teams and he knocked down 3 of mine, and had to spend 2 attacks against ewoks. I always attack before but that is mere detail.

One of the factors that determines your GAC victory or defeat may be the start time, but it is not among the most significant. Certain pairings give an excellent competition where attackers first may be disadvantaged, but I believe this is residual. When I catch opponents in most cases the win or defeat is already defined by pairing. The only times I have managed to overcome a certain defeat is simply because my opponent cannot enter the game to attack.

Your order may have some origin, but with community pressure for the game to show the battle log and relic release, it simply places your order at the end of a larger queue than service in Brazilian public offices.

May the force be with you.
  • Hmm....nah.

Rotating wouldn't even fix the issue. The start time might be better for you sometimes and better for opponent sometimes, but since your opponent (typically) changes every time, rotating does nothing to help your perceived problem.
  • I don't agree either.

If you care about GAC and not just the GA round (ergo you want to score maximum possible banners for the championship instead of barely getting a win by a few calculated points), the advantage is so minimal that it wouldn't be worth the complication it would close.

The championship mode has been running for over two months now, the original GA for almost a year (somewhat less). People got used to a certain sign up schedule and predictably several could miss signing up/attacking/setting defense in the beginning. Now you can say it would be their fault, but the gained advantage in the current format is already small enough to not make it worthwile in my opinion.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Hmm....nah.

Rotating wouldn't even fix the issue. The start time might be better for you sometimes and better for opponent sometimes, but since your opponent (typically) changes every time, rotating does nothing to help your perceived problem.

The point is right now it is always bad for me, 100% of the time. If they rotated it, at least I'd have a shot of being awake for the end of the game occasionally. Right now, based on my experience so far, with only possibly one or two exceptions, I have always been the first to attack (because I'm not willing to wake up at 3AM to start my attack). That leads me to believe that the vast majority of my opponents have been located in the western hemisphere.

And as I mentioned in another thread, the other problem is that they close off the review period for Round 3 one hour after it ends. So if I want to review how my defenses did during the match, I have to check it between 4-5AM. So again, it puts those of us in the East at a disadvantage.
  • Then move to a real country ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • While people may argue whether there is or is not an advantage or may or may not help, I would have thought it would be a little difficult to argue that rotating start times could be less fair on people in various time zones. As with another poster though I doubt it is near top of to do list.
  • Then move to a real country ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Troll cred noted.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Rotating start times will be fine - in theory. However, given CG's ability to reschedule events in the past without causing major server issues and bugs like rewards not being paid out to a large group of participants, I would say, that rotating the start hours will be at a huge risk.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Rotating start times will be fine - in theory. However, given CG's ability to reschedule events in the past without causing major server issues and bugs like rewards not being paid out to a large group of participants, I would say, that rotating the start hours will be at a huge risk.

Sadly, I agree with this.

TL ;DR Why risk breaking something?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*