Jedi Knight Anakin's Leader Ability vs Poe Dameron's Leader Ability

Jedi Knight Anakin's leadership ability Lead from the Front grants only a 28% Offense Up at MAX Level, while Poe Dameron's leadership ability Ace of the Resistance grants 30% Offense and 15% Potency at MAX Level, why is that?

Replies

• Lokai
    379 posts Member
    well apparently they figure the REST of his capabilities are sufficient to allow him to run a leader ability that is group dependent just like poes but less effective and not having a secondary buff to boot. Not saying I agree with them, but i'll assume that's their reasoning.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Even in his current state i'll take Poe over Anakin......but for his kit not his leadership ability.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Lokai wrote: »
    Even in his current state i'll take Poe over Anakin......but for his kit not his leadership ability.

Your mistake sir! Anakin is a beast! @Lokai Anakin is a hard hitter imagine giving anakin 24% more offense an then another 50% once someone dies! He does 74% more damage for a turn after an ally dies! That's huge in arena and oh have I yet to mention his offense up? He AOE your whole team kills someone offense ups your whole team Thanks for coming out though! Also if you battle meditation with yoda anakin gives offense up with yodas tenacity if he's leader!
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Baldo wrote: »
    Also if you battle meditation with yoda anakin gives offense up with yodas tenacity if he's leader!

That's a bug; enjoy it while it lasts.
    Post edited by MeetraSurik on
  • Baldo wrote: »

Your mistake sir! Anakin is a beast! @Lokai Anakin is a hard hitter imagine giving anakin 24% more offense an then another 50% once someone dies! He does 74% more damage for a turn after an ally dies! That's huge in arena and oh have I yet to mention his offense up? He AOE your whole team kills someone offense ups your whole team Thanks for coming out though! Also if you battle meditation with yoda anakin gives offense up with yodas tenacity if he's leader!

I think it's even more dmg @Baldo, I guess he gets 50% after his 24%? That would be 1.24 x 1.50 = 1.86 or 86% more dmg. But I'm not sure how these "offense on offense" work. I'm farming him either way :smile:
  • Baldo wrote: »
    Also if you battle meditation with yoda anakin gives offense up with yodas tenacity if he's leader!

That's a bug; enjoy it while it lasts.

Bugs in this game seem to last a long time...
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Your question actually makes no sense because their leader ability is only good for which team you set up
    Jedi team for Anakin
    Resistance team for Poe
    Anakins leader ability is only good for Jedi
    Poe leader ability is only good for resistance allies
    So it really just depends on who you have in your team
    [SöD]
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    I'll get Anakin at some point, I am grinding him up 3 nodes daily but tanks are harder to come by so poe took priority. be quite a while before I have Anakin at 7* over half way there thus far :(
  • VIII wrote: »
    Your question actually makes no sense because their leader ability is only good for which team you set up
    Jedi team for Anakin
    Resistance team for Poe
    [SöD]

I know Anakin's ability works for Jedi only and Poe's ability works for Resistance only. What I am wondering here is why is Anakin's leadership skill which only buffs Offense is weaker than Poe's who buffs both offense and potency and at a much high number at that.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    TerraArran wrote: »
    VIII wrote: »
    Jedi team for Anakin
    Resistance team for Poe
    [SöD]

I know Anakin's ability works for Jedi only and Poe's ability works for Resistance only. What I am wondering here is why is Anakin's leadership skill which only buffs Offense is weaker than Poe's who buffs both offense and potency and at a much high number at that.

There's very little consistency or sense of order to many of the leadership skills. This is likely due to some being much older than others and as a consequence being worked on by different Devs. This is very similar to how there are several buffs/debuffs that lack consistency from one toon to another. I'm hoping leadership abilities are eventually looked at and given a balance pass. @CG_JohnSalera