501st zeta order

Prev1
I looked around on here but didn’t see anything. What are thoughts on zeta priorities for the 501st working with what we have now? I.e without speculation of the abilities of the hopefully inbound 5th member.

Thanks!

Replies

• Rex's Unique first. Then one of Fives's abilities, I'd say the Savior one, then the TM gain one. Echo's ability is more circumstancial. Not sure about Ahsoka, though.
  • I run a 501st team. Rex(L), fives, echo, clone sarge, wampa.
    My shaak is awful and Ashoka is gear 2
    I highly suggest rex unique, fives TM (you'll always be keeping fives taunting no matter what. And then echo unique and then fives other unique.
    You can switch between fives different unique if you want that's just what I'm going to be doing
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Redit threads suggest Shaak Ti’s zetas first (provided shes at a competitive level), rex, 5 savior, then 5/echo synergies.
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    I run a 501st team. Rex(L), fives, echo, clone sarge, wampa.
    I highly suggest rex unique, fives TM (you'll always be keeping fives taunting no matter what. And then echo unique and then fives other unique.
    You can switch between fives different unique if you want that's just what I'm going to be doing

This.
  • Shaak ti unique is the first one because it makes the team stronger. Ct5 savior, after that ct5 turn meter gain is very important to get rex is flying kill attack as fast as possible.

Rex zeta do not affect himself. So this zeta is good for echo EMP and ct5 assist attack only (until we get another clone). It’s good but not as others.
    Rex unique and shaak ti leader are the two last. You need 5 zeta to mostly complete them. Echo zeta is very random because it triggers on evade. So it is mostly designed for tbls i think and it is not very useful in GAC or tw.
  • Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Echo's unique is a luxury zeta. Rex and Fives's second unique is a must, Fives's TM unique is nice to have.

Ahsoka costs like 3 pieces of sand to gear her up to G10 dw.
  • General Anakin Skywalker probably should be your 1st Zeta
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Dinotank46 wrote: »

Ahsoka costs like 3 pieces of sand to gear her up to G10 dw.

I just don't feel like gearing her up
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
    Echo's unique is a luxury zeta. Rex and Fives's second unique is a must, Fives's TM unique is nice to have.

It sounds like a nice unique though. Also I'm saving up for Kix or Jesse
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • 5s uniques seem to clash though with Rex added. Him taunting non stop with cooldowns and TM boosts surely renders his stat boost useless if he’s forced to always be killed first, no?
  • Feel like we have people saying rex first and rex last. Can we get any clarification ? I thought if any was luxury it would be Rex , I use Cody and shaak. Cody’s Cooldowns don’t seem like an issue due to other circumstances and you more often than not want to use shaaks basic frequently anyways. Rex doesn’t affect himself so that leaves just fives and echo. Seems a bit much for a zeta.
  • I think op is asking for zeta order in Rex lead team without Shaak Ti. If he is not then I am. What is the zeta order?
  • Charlo999 wrote: »
    5s uniques seem to clash though with Rex added. Him taunting non stop with cooldowns and TM boosts surely renders his stat boost useless if he’s forced to always be killed first, no?
    Why would it? A maxed Fives has insane armor stats, it's a pain to work through. Rex can get his anihilate ready or close to ready by the time you get to target him.
  • So what's the point of 5s suicide zeta if the enemy is forced to kill him first?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Rake6 wrote: »
    So what's the point of 5s suicide zeta if the enemy is forced to kill him first?
    Tanks are there to drive away fire from attackers. That's the exact point of the zeta. If you don't kill Fives first, you buff up Echo and Rex too much to deal with them.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Rake6 wrote: »
    So what's the point of 5s suicide zeta if the enemy is forced to kill him first?
    Tanks are there to drive away fire from attackers. That's the exact point of the zeta. If you don't kill Fives first, you buff up Echo and Rex too much to deal with them.

So you claim tanks are there to draw hits but then say if you don’t kill this tank first it hurts you. You kinda made the point for him.
    Rex is no more or less a threat without fives buffs the way his kill move works.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Charlo999 wrote: »
    5s uniques seem to clash though with Rex added. Him taunting non stop with cooldowns and TM boosts surely renders his stat boost useless if he’s forced to always be killed first, no?
    Why would it? A maxed Fives has insane armor stats, it's a pain to work through. Rex can get his anihilate ready or close to ready by the time you get to target him.

There are plenty of teams that can work damage around defence. Still Either the AI or player is forced to kill fives first reducing the effectiveness of this zeta dramatically.
    Personally I would’ve liked to see a mix of juhani and GG to aid this zeta. Fives loses taunt when protection is gone and the next healthiest clone is marked for 2-3 turns. Or simply have him take reduced damage from health based attacks like kylo/malak.
  • *Sigh* People really have a hard time grassping how that ability works. Good luck killing a G13 Fives with 70%+ damage reduction from armor before Rex starts one-shotting your team.
    Especially when you used up your best counters elsewhere.
  • *Sigh* People really have a hard time grassping how that ability works. Good luck killing a G13 Fives with 70%+ damage reduction from armor before Rex starts one-shotting your team.
    Especially when you used up your best counters elsewhere.

Someone gets it lol. Trying to kill a 5s that has 70% dmg reduction , over 160k h/p with shaak ti lead bonuses who keeps countering and regains h/p back isn't easy.
    If you have a AOE heavy team you will accidentally kill echo or Rex first and then it's all hell
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019

There are plenty of teams that can work damage around defence. Still Either the AI or player is forced to kill fives first reducing the effectiveness of this zeta dramatically.
    Personally I would’ve liked to see a mix of juhani and GG to aid this zeta. Fives loses taunt when protection is gone and the next healthiest clone is marked for 2-3 turns. Or simply have him take reduced damage from health based attacks like kylo/malak.

You’re not understanding fives zeta.
  • Stick wrote: »

Please continue.
  • _Reaper_ wrote: »
    Rex's Unique first. Then one of Fives's abilities, I'd say the Savior one, then the TM gain one. Echo's ability is more circumstancial. Not sure about Ahsoka, though.
    I don't get why Rex first.
    He doesn't decrease his own cooldown, Echo's abilities are good but his assist is his real strength and Fives strength is his counter and Savior ability
    Stick wrote: »

Please continue.

Kill fives first without getting shredded by rex and the rest of the clones. The point is you’re forced to hit fives while he counters you and has a massive pool of health. Then by the time you’re through him you’ve either been blasted by rex numerous times or the whole team has mangled you. So you try next time to go for rex. Well that doesn’t work because of 5s zeta. I’m not saying it works like this every time , but it’s pretty clear why his zeta is the way it is.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Please continue.

Kill fives first without getting shredded by rex and the rest of the clones. The point is you’re forced to hit fives while he counters you and has a massive pool of health. Then by the time you’re through him you’ve either been blasted by rex numerous times or the whole team has mangled you. So you try next time to go for rex. Well that doesn’t work because of 5s zeta. I’m not saying it works like this every time , but it’s pretty clear why his zeta is the way it is.

I’m still trying to work out how I hadn’t understood the zeta?

You’ve basically echoed what was said already, I get it you think fives is hard to kill while controlling Rex. I can think of multiple teams that could kill this team easily.

That aside I still think the zeta is a waste if all it does is give more incentive to kill fives before Rex. With the taunt and Tm gain/cooldown I would go for him first anyway.

A tweak that forces a player to kill a different 501 would make it a better zeta imo. Otherwise it is never gonna activate.

Please continue.

A tweak that forces a player to kill a different 501 would make it a better zeta imo. Otherwise it is never gonna activate.
    Most certainly not. The point of tanks is to draw fire away and eventually get killed before your damage dealers, not to redirect hits towards them.
  • They should make it if you kill 5s he gives the bonuses to others. That would be sweet.

Please continue.

You’ve basically echoed what was said already, I get it you think fives is hard to kill while controlling Rex. I can think of multiple teams that could kill this team easily.

That aside I still think the zeta is a waste if all it does is give more incentive to kill fives before Rex. With the taunt and Tm gain/cooldown I would go for him first anyway.

"That aside I still think the zeta is a waste if all it does is give more incentive to kill fives before Rex. With the taunt and Tm gain/cooldown I would go for him first anyway."

So you think because the zeta forces you to attack the tank and not the guys doing all the damage its worthless ?
    Nobody wants to have to go through GKs ,old Ben's ,sith trooper,zombie and the others H/P while the rest of the team kills you.
    See most people just dispell the taunt and hit who they want, mainly the big dmg dealer like yoda or someone who revives like ewok elder.

Fives will sacrifice himself with or without the zeta ,but the zeta will give 3000+ offence 200+ speed and 160k worth of health and protection to echo and Rex if he's geared and modded well, so you have to kill him first and without using a good team like the revans ,cls , padme ......etc basically teams that should be saved for something better.

Stun locking Rex and shaak ti together for the whole battle as they both have team cleanse is your hope for controlling rex without setting of the fives sacrifice.
  • Charlo999
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Treeburner wrote: »

Please continue.

"That aside I still think the zeta is a waste if all it does is give more incentive to kill fives before Rex. With the taunt and Tm gain/cooldown I would go for him first anyway."

So you think because the zeta forces you to attack the tank and not the guys doing all the damage its worthless ?
    Nobody wants to have to go through GKs ,old Ben's ,sith trooper,zombie and the others H/P while the rest of the team kills you.
    See most people just dispell the taunt and hit who they want, mainly the big dmg dealer like yoda or someone who revives like ewok elder.

Fives will sacrifice himself with or without the zeta ,but the zeta will give 3000+ offence 200+ speed and 160k worth of health and protection to echo and Rex if he's geared and modded well, so you have to kill him first and without using a good team like the revans ,cls , padme ......etc basically teams that should be saved for something better.

Stun locking Rex and shaak ti together for the whole battle as they both have team cleanse is your hope for controlling rex without setting of the fives sacrifice.

Why would anyone control shakk ti? Fives sacrifice only applies to 501. Just kill her first.
    Controlling a single toon (Rex) that also has the cleanse is not hard.

And why wouldn’t I use a “good” team against a team that has at minimum 4-5 zetas to be of use?
  • Treeburner wrote: »

I agree and you can add Traya to the team list her and Thrawn are the controll masters of this game ;-)
    Treeburner wrote: »

Please continue.

Why would anyone control shakk ti? Fives sacrifice only applies to 501. Just kill her first.
    Controlling a single toon (Rex) that also has the cleanse is not hard.

And why wouldn’t I use a “good” team against a team that has at minimum 4-5 zetas to be of use?

Shaak dies first, but then you've just wasted time killing her where the most important part of Shaak Ti was the leader ability to get Rex rolling fast anyway. Sure her unique is good, but you probably have to take in a team that can deal with that anyway or you wouldn't have been able to get rid of her so quickly. The idea behind the 501st team is that you're forced to kill Fives first if you don't want to jack up Echo and Rex, but Fives is extremely durable as a tank and hopefully it gives Rex enough time to get his nuke off. If you do kill Rex or Echo first, you deal with doubled up beefy clones and hopefully give rex enough time to get his nuke off. If you also have Rex's zeta you're dealing with Echo's huge AOE fairly often at that point as well. The biggest weakness they have is that they don't have any healing w/o Shaak Ti and there's not really any consequences to targeting her first. They need another 501st clone imo to round them off, either that or you mod Shaak Ti to be extremely tanky and tenacious so it's hard to deal with her