• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    zegene wrote: »
    Kyno clickbait

How so? He is drawing what seems to be a valid conclusion from officially sourced materials.

"Concurrently"

To clarify, if you've paid any attention to the way CG does things, it's just as likely someone forgot to add the "Old Ben" or used an old template or messed up in one of the thirty other ways we've seen them mess up with descriptions. I hardly think this is "confirmed."

For further proof, simply refer to the six dot purple mods.

Which they have clarified over on the reddit. No mention of the Old Ben thing. It could go either way, but there is precedence for a "snafu" to be an actual hint at what's to come.
    Still waiting for the triple zeta Gam Guard to drop in the game
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno clickbait

How so? He is drawing what seems to be a valid conclusion from officially sourced materials.

"Concurrently"

To clarify, if you've paid any attention to the way CG does things, it's just as likely someone forgot to add the "Old Ben" or used an old template or messed up in one of the thirty other ways we've seen them mess up with descriptions. I hardly think this is "confirmed."

Which they have clarified over on the reddit. No mention of the Old Ben thing. It could go either way, but there is precedence for a "snafu" to be an actual hint at what's to come.

I got mine from CS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno clickbait

"Concurrently"

And you are gonna love it!
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    I cant see from what they will get a "Obi Wan Kenobi" to launch to the game.
    There is only 2 Obi Wans who could be used. The General and the Old.
    In the future we probably will have another one from the new series, but not now.

You see it every time you log into the game....it's been right there on the home screen for a long time. EP 3 Kenobi in the upper right of the image.

eutecuku878a.jpg

The 6 dot purple mods wasn't an error or goof though. They said it's something from a development build that will be coming in the future. That's what the OP is saying....this image shows something that will be coming in the future.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

The 6 dot purple mods wasn't an error or goof though. They said it's something from a development build that will be coming in the future. That's what the OP is saying....this image shows something that will be coming in the future.

They can say whatever they want. It might even be true.

Regardless, they've said nothing about this one, so it's most definitely not confirmed.
  • You guys must have missed announcement at D23 that they are working on Obi show for Disney+.
    It was supposed to be movie but after Solo flopped they scrapped all anthology movies but have written script for 8 episodes of mini show for this character.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Probable /= confirmed
  • However ! IF it happens, you guys have an idea of who will be needed for the event ? Will it be a legendary event or the one they are talking about in the Q&A ? Can it be the scene where anakin and Padme want to save him in the arena ??? I’m very exited about this possibility ^^
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    However ! IF it happens, you guys have an idea of who will be needed for the event ? Will it be a legendary event or the one they are talking about in the Q&A ? Can it be the scene where anakin and Padme want to save him in the arena ??? I’m very exited about this possibility ^^

Obviously zzzGG, per first post on this page.
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    However ! IF it happens, you guys have an idea of who will be needed for the event ? Will it be a legendary event or the one they are talking about in the Q&A ? Can it be the scene where anakin and Padme want to save him in the arena ??? I’m very exited about this possibility ^^

If it's a Legendary, probably be another same alignment and you need Clones in a "training exercise." If it's an Epic Confrontation, probably Shaak-led Clones and Dooku- or GG-led Seppies. If it's a thing, could also just be a marquee.
  • StarSon wrote: »

If it's a Legendary, probably be another same alignment and you need Clones in a "training exercise." If it's an Epic Confrontation, probably Shaak-led Clones and Dooku- or GG-led Seppies. If it's a thing, could also just be a marquee.

Seps would make sense but we already needed them for padme so not likely.

Possible that clones are needed for a legendary since after order 66 clones tried to kill master kenobi. But rex, fives, and echo, weren't part of that. That leaves cody and sergeant but they could decide to do it anyway with clones as a faction.

A journey requiring gk, jedi anakin, padme, gmy, and mace could also be possible. I listed those as requirements because it is more likely that iconic characters will be needed for a journey rather than less known ones.

I don't see any epic confrontation scenarios that make sense.

Possible that clones are needed for a legendary since after order 66 clones tried to kill master kenobi. But rex, fives, and echo, weren't part of that. That leaves cody and sergeant but they could decide to do it anyway with clones as a faction.

A journey requiring gk, jedi anakin, padme, gmy, and mace could also be possible. I listed those as requirements because it is more likely that iconic characters will be needed for a journey rather than less known ones.

In my scenario, Seps were for an Epic, so it doesn't matter that we needed them for Padme. We needed OR for the Revans, and also for Malak. And my vision of the Legendary was a training exercise, not Order 66. Though Order 66 would fit nicely for an Epic.
  • I think it's most likely an oversight during their testing, but who knows. :p

In my scenario, Seps were for an Epic, so it doesn't matter that we needed them for Padme. We needed OR for the Revans, and also for Malak. And my vision of the Legendary was a training exercise, not Order 66. Though Order 66 would fit nicely for an Epic.

The OR being needed with the revans made sense lore wise if you ever played kotor. I just don't see a scenario where you'd need padme with seps (for malak it required both journeys and the characters and their unlock requirements) that makes sense.

The OR being needed with the revans made sense lore wise if you ever played kotor. I just don't see a scenario where you'd need padme with seps (for malak it required both journeys and the characters and their unlock requirements) that makes sense.

The scene in the arena in episode 2 is an epic fight, in one hand, the galactic republic and in the other hand the separatists, that would make sense!
  • Can I get a quote for out of the package with a broken lightsabre?!

I still go into DSW to get a whiff of what Kenobi smelled like when I opened that package.
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    xdiyqab1pcrx.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure (1978, Kenner) sold for $76,700

:*

The scene in the arena in episode 2 is an epic fight, in one hand, the galactic republic and in the other hand the separatists, that would make sense!

They could require gr and seps for something like that but I'm still doubtful. I've got bugs at g12 and at least a five person gr team that is at g12 and tgat is without spending a dime while hoarding crystals just in case.

So if it is any gr and ant seps, there is essentially no paywall. So unlikely to happen.
  • I think they could ask us to use the GR and C3PO !!!
  • HBF_DragonEmissary
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    If it is referring to Obi-Wan Kenobi, (the version we haven't got yet), then the three relics before Rey's demo are one from each era.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi [Prequel Trilogy]
    Chewbacca [Original Trilogy]
    Kylo Ren (Unmasked) [Sequel Trilogy]

Whilst it could be an oversight, I'd like to feel optimistic. As a side note CG aren't strangers to giving us hints. When Bastila Shan was given a farming location the post referred to her as Jedi Bastila Shan even though she was the only one, and about 2 months later we got her Fallen version.
    8bs5r0lz4oiq.png
  • Whatever it will be (all very speculative), one thing is sure, i expect that no one will be able to master the event/epic confrontation without spending money, neither hoarding will help, CG did learn from the past ;)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Manumicio wrote: »
    Whatever it will be (all very speculative), one thing is sure, i expect that no one will be able to master the event/epic confrontation without spending money, neither hoarding will help, CG did learn from the past ;)

I doubt that. There will likely be at least a small number of ftp that the stars align for. I suppose they could make the only way to get a requirement a pack fir $ only but they have no history of doing so. And hoarded crystals spend the same as purchased ones.

Though there will probably be less ftp unlocks since what is coming next is less obvious than the revan metas.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Whatever it will be (all very speculative), one thing is sure, i expect that no one will be able to master the event/epic confrontation without spending money, neither hoarding will help, CG did learn from the past ;)

I doubt that. There will likely be at least a small number of ftp that the stars align for. I suppose they could make the only way to get a requirement a pack fir $ only but they have no history of doing so. And hoarded crystals spend the same as purchased ones.

Though there will probably be less ftp unlocks since what is coming next is less obvious than the revan metas.

On the other hand there are fewer new characters that could be required for whatever it is. Releasing 5 new characters at once made the Revan requirements obvious, but not doing that restricts their ability to require things that people couldn’t have farmed/hoarded in advance.
    I think they could ask us to use the GR and C3PO !!!

If gr is required, you certainly could use 3po and r2 for that manner. Though I suspect that more people have 3po than padme so I don't see why they would require him. It doesn't add much of a paywall (at least for older players).

At this point, I'm thinking the next legendary or at least the next meta won't be prequel era. General Skywalker will likely be the wat tambor of the ls tb. Still makes you finish a specific gr team to get him. He'll be good but not meta.

The meta will likely be something unrelated. Revan came when the road ahead said ot content.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Can I get a quote for out of the package with a broken lightsabre?!

I still go into DSW to get a whiff of what Kenobi smelled like when I opened that package.
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    xdiyqab1pcrx.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi action figure (1978, Kenner) sold for $76,700

:*

I find this auction result very hard to believe unless it was a double telescoping lightsaber version. You can get an AFA graded 12 back on ebay right now for $1800.
  • Liath wrote: »

On the other hand there are fewer new characters that could be required for whatever it is. Releasing 5 new characters at once made the Revan requirements obvious, but not doing that restricts their ability to require things that people couldn’t have farmed/hoarded in advance.

The worst could be a requirement of full gear XIII teams...

• Liath wrote: »

Depends on what it ends up being. If it requires gr or seps, there will likely be a lot of ftp unlocks. But if it comes out of left field, there will be less. Probably less people gearing lobot just in case the next meta is jedi Luke.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Depends on what it ends up being. If it requires gr or seps, there will likely be a lot of ftp unlocks. But if it comes out of left field, there will be less. Probably less people gearing lobot just in case the next meta is jedi Luke.

Less, perhaps, but certainly not none. There’s no need to predict who to gear; you can just collect gear and then apply it when the requirements are known. Prediction is only really required for shards, which are character-specific and much more difficult to acquire on short notice. But any character that has been in the game for a long time will see many players that have already collected those shards.