I'm scared of relics

Replies

• Are you by any chance not F2P?
  • I just wish they would fix this stun gun/getting to gear 9 block. The eye balls are bad too, but half my roster is gear 8 (5/6) only needing stun gun or stun gun/eyeball combo. I have one gear 13 toon. Am I excited to get a relic for him... YES. Would I much rather get 10 toons past gear 8... YES

STUN GUNS! STUN GUNS! STUN GUNS!!!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I guess there's no turning back, because you better believe they already priced this stuff out and your thread(s) won't change it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    The only thing you can purchase for relic gear right now would be Signal data which has the same drop rate as mod slicing gear

I don’t think relics will have bottlenecks rather too much relic upgrades will create a gear vacuum for existing priced gear
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    From a gameplay standpoint we needed something that's going to potentially bring new abilities to the game and allow older characters to be modernized....

This is literally what they dev team has stated it will be used for.

No it will not happen in the timeframe you want.
    ...I don't think relics are a bad idea but of course coming at this stage in the game and introduced as g13 feature means one and only one thing: it's revenue generation.

Correct, this game is run as by a business that is making a profit, and has a goal of making a profit. Everything they do is in some way designed to make them money. This is in no way a secret or surprising. This in no way means they do not designed everything to add to or enhance the game for all players.

Its proximity to G13 has nothing to do with anything, this is just the groundwork they are trying to lay to help progression for future content.

This game is in no way P2W, it is P2P. There is no permanent advantage to $$, everything can be gained by any player. $$ get you there faster, but by no means keeps you there. You should try to understand the difference if you are going to continue to describe everything in those terms.

Your timelines of what other people will enjoy are vastly biased by your negative view of the company/game and are also incorrect. Players in almost every thread you have made have posted to show this to be true, and you may want to take some time to appreciate the help the community has offered to help you with this understanding.

The First quote you made,i allready answered this,its called reworking,we dont need no NEW relics for it.

Also a serious question,dont you have a pride in yourself?Do you have to be a yes man to cg just to stay a moderator?They make 400 mil a year,what do you make to be a yes man?I was reading your posts before even i made an account here and i would feel ashamed of myself to be a yes man all the time.

Reworks are a lopsided way to do things, this gives a single stream that allows them to do this and also do reworks.

Edit to add: players have no control over reworks, this allows the players to choose who they invest in.

That sounds like personal problem to me, good luck with that.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Reworks are a lopsided way to do things, this gives a single stream that allows them to do this and also do reworks.

Edit to add: players have no control over reworks, this allows the players to choose who they invest in.

That sounds like personal problem to me, good luck with that.

I'm not really sure how this changes the rework equation. Other than the possible new abilities (which have to be designed individually, just the way reworks are done), the rest of the relic stuff seems to be straight stat increases, which means that characters that are currently weaker will remain weaker without an actual rework.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Do you not think they don't have data scientists on staff who did this analysis? Or do you really think you know more and that's why so many posts? It'll be fine.

1). You only need 5 arena characters. FTP will catch up to that soon enough.

2). PVE content becomes easier for everyone.

3). GAC. You play people loosely similar to you. Don't relic CUP first and you'll be a step ahead of the game. Maybe relics will give the increased GP boost people are looking for.

4). Having progression available to top accounts allows them focus on new and mid-game player improvements. This is good for the game overall.

Be happy, not sad OP.

Data scientists don't mean anything btw, they just make it worse off for the f2p
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Do you not think they don't have data scientists on staff who did this analysis? Or do you really think you know more and that's why so many posts? It'll be fine.

3). GAC. You play people loosely similar to you. Don't relic CUP first and you'll be a step ahead of the game. Maybe relics will give the increased GP boost people are looking for.

4). Having progression available to top accounts allows them focus on new and mid-game player improvements. This is good for the game overall.

Be happy, not sad OP.

Data scientists don't mean anything btw, they just make it worse off for the f2p

So they should hire you as a consultant? Is your price reasonable?

I'd make a less profitable game but it would be a hell of a lot more fun and a lot more competitive all across the board
    Don't relic CUP first and you'll be a step ahead of the game.

Don't you dare tell me what to do
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Be happy, not sad OP.

I'd make a less profitable game

And you just failed your interview, sorry.

Also I disagree it would be more fun.
  • TVF wrote: »

Be happy, not sad OP.

Because being stuck behind infinite gearwalls is as fun as it gets
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Be happy, not sad OP.

That's a you issue. I'm not stuck, and you don't have to be. You choose to be stuck by the choices you make.

Be happy, not sad OP.

That's a you issue. I'm not stuck, and you don't have to be. You choose to be stuck by the choices you make.

Yeah dude, because getting 2 sets of godlike mods is up to me, and being able to score 900 crystals a day in arena and fleet is totally not subject to my shard?

• TVF
    36526 posts Member

Be happy, not sad OP.

Yeah dude, because getting 2 sets of godlike mods is up to me, and being able to score 900 crystals a day in arena and fleet is totally not subject to my shard?

It's not my fault you don't farm enough mods, nor is it CG's fault.

Be happy, not sad OP.

I farm as much as the majority of players who can't finish as high as you in arena.
  • GAC is more even than it was before.

LOL
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Be happy, not sad OP.

I farm as much as the majority of players who can't finish as high as you in arena.

We've had this discussion before, and no you don't.

Good luck in your future farming.

Be happy, not sad OP.

Ok man whatever you say, idk when the last time was when your crystal income was around 200-250 per day, if ever, but you wouldn't understand unless you were there. It's easy to preach from the 900 daily range just like all those people who are there. You keep talking about refreshes but not about how to afford them. Your argument is circular, get good mods to place high in arena to get enough crystals to afford getting better mods to place high in arena. If your mods are all trash then good luck. But don't worry Mr 900 a day will know all about your struggles.
  • GAC is more even than it was before.

LOL

Actually, this (Relics) will help even more with making GAC more even - there have been several threads lately complaining about the lack of GP increase for g13 and mismatches running into 20-30 more g13 characters in opposing inventories. But if Relics (as stated by Devs) increase GP this should be alleviated to some degree.

I also happen to agree that GAC matchups have considerably improved over the last couple events.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    @TVF you only bring in 900 crystals a day according to baldie? Amateur numbers... need to bump those up a bit

Be happy, not sad OP.

Ok man whatever you say, idk when the last time was when your crystal income was around 200-250 per day, if ever, but you wouldn't understand unless you were there. It's easy to preach from the 900 daily range just like all those people who are there. You keep talking about refreshes but not about how to afford them. Your argument is circular, get good mods to place high in arena to get enough crystals to afford getting better mods to place high in arena. If your mods are all trash then good luck. But don't worry Mr 900 a day will know all about your struggles.

If it's only mods stopping you from getting higher, 3 refreshes a day only costs 150 crystals. If you earn 250 a day, that is enough. I personally, don't do the mod refreshes but I already have competitive mods.

But it is entirely possible to focus and improve to the point where you get more than 250 crystals each day.

There are also ways around mods. For example, putting brood alpha in a darth revan team, makes beating faster darth revans possible. Yes, it is rng dependent but it is doable.
  • Wampa wrote: »
    bt51nt02ymam.jpg

Star Wars: Galaxy of Cyperpunks
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Be happy, not sad OP.

I mean, unless you are a kraken, you are of course stuck behind a more or less infinite gearwall. Heck I'm at 5.2 and feel stuck behind an infinite gear wall.

It doesn't have anything to do with choices, it's just reality.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Be happy, not sad OP.

I mean, unless you are a kraken, you are of course stuck behind a more or less infinite gearwall. Heck I'm at 5.2 and feel stuck behind an infinite gear wall.

It doesn't have anything to do with choices, it's just reality.

That's just how you've chosen to look at it.
  • I personally don't think being able to get from g8 to g12 should be easy. It's a way of giving players a reason to keep going. I get that. But, that way it is now is a bit rediculous. It's hard enough to farm for 20 pieces of somerhing, but when you need to do that 3 or 4 times per toon, that's excessive. Not to mention when you have to do 50.

I would rather take lower lvl gear & combined them to make higher lvl gear.
  • Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wow CG, my Revan is right around 28k power with relic level 1, someone has a 35k Revan with relic 7. The stat increases are huge, this is such a p2w thing, this is sad...

Is there a reason you choose to look at the least effective number to evaluate a toon?

Power is literally a measurement of investment, yes the other players is higher, they invested more.

Also, has nothing to do with p2w.....