New Design looks horrible

Prev1
XaVii
69 posts Member
edited September 2019
New design looks horrible, everything looks so small and messy. Please bring back some option to change to old view. I dont understand why you need to change everything only for adding a relics button.
New design:
npxtncpf9fxm.jpeg
How could look with old design:
jo9g2ba7lmef.jpeg
Its only an example. Whats your opinion?

Replies

• It’s literally like someone copied marvel strike forces homework and just changed a couple things so the teacher didn’t notice
  • No update for me [IOS] :open_mouth:
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    It’s literally like someone copied marvel strike forces homework and just changed a couple things so the teacher didn’t notice

Looks to me like Marvel copied the old SWGOH layout.

I really have no opinion on it. It's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    It’s literally like someone copied marvel strike forces homework and just changed a couple things so the teacher didn’t notice

swgoh was made before marvel strike force
  • I totally agree with this post, the new design is a mishap for people with presbyopia!
  • It has all the same information available that was already there.

It's no worse, no better, just different.
  • Having just downloaded the update, there is too much free space around the characters now and smaller text for abilities. It could be worse but I don't understand the need for this "zoomed out" view. Maybe there is a reason behind making things smaller.

The new layout isn’t even remotely similar to that picture...
  • I like the new design, more purified, clean and futurist.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I hate how zetas look. Horrible. And I can't assign loadouts before I click on mods. That sucks. Also bring back the old G13 color and only apply new colors when you upgrade relics.
  • What is this, an interface for ants?
  • I like it. Pity when you click on a mod you have to then hit "-" to get to loadouts button. A loadouts button on the main screen would be good imo.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    What is this, an interface for ants?

Earth to Matlida!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I like the new design better than the old.
  • Looks fine to me
  • Yay I didn’t get it! I win!
  • It took a little getting used to, but I've quickly grown to like it. The lack of buttons might be less intuitive for new players, but it's not that hard to figure out you can get to the mods interface by clicking any mod. I mostly love the new LS/DS g13 vignettes though. The GAC league borders around player portraits are a nice touch too.
  • I like it except for the print size. Maybe I'm revealing my hand, but yeah, it's a little too fine print for me :(
  • FilthyJawa wrote: »
    I like it except for the print size. Maybe I'm revealing my hand, but yeah, it's a little too fine print for me :(

The font size is pretty much the same. In fact, some of the longer ability names used a smaller font in the old interface.
    sgimctqq8r8f.png

That being said, the new font looks less crisp to me and some of the color contrasts are a bit on the low side.
  • I hate it tbh.
  • My only complaint is the color coming off the G13. When there are several on the screen, it’s like being hit in the eyes with a laser pointer.
  • I actually like it a lot.

That looks a lot closer to the old design than the new one and the old swgoh design came before MSF.
  • qxtwcjrv1wij.png

What gives? Everything is fine. It's your own problem if you don't use an iOS device.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    JupiterBth wrote: »
    No update for me [IOS] :open_mouth:

Same so far

No wait it’s there now
  • I like it better.
  • XaVii wrote: »
    New design looks horrible, everything looks so small and messy. Please bring back some option to change to old view. I dont understand why you need to change everything only for adding a relics button.
    New design:
    npxtncpf9fxm.jpeg
    jo9g2ba7lmef.jpeg

You a bot dude
  • XaVii wrote: »
    New design:
    npxtncpf9fxm.jpeg
    jo9g2ba7lmef.jpeg

Problem with your own design is that there is nowhere for ships to go. Every pilot has a link to their own ship, but Shaak doesn't pilot a ship so she has no link. You would've been better off using the example of a pilot.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • A couple of things:

1) The ability texts are "problematic" - both the text and corresponding images seems low-res and is harder to read/see. The mods, likewise (lo-res/fuzzy looking)

2) There seems to be a lot of wasted space around the character - which also seems on odd choice given the small/cramped feel of the rest of the UI.

3) No "FIND" labels for shards or mod interface for new players is a very bad idea. I'm sure for the rest of us it will be second nature, but not a good design choice.

Overall, it's not very good, honestly. And historically, I have had nothing but high praises for the sound and art design teams for this game. This is not some of their better work. I realize the key with the new UI it to make the Relic icon a big focus, but making everything else look sloppy and cheap is not the best way this could have been done. A solid "meh".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*