So... Obi Wan Kenobi confirmed!!!

13Next

Replies

• Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Manumicio wrote: »
    Whatever it will be (all very speculative), one thing is sure, i expect that no one will be able to master the event/epic confrontation without spending money, neither hoarding will help, CG did learn from the past ;)

I doubt that. There will likely be at least a small number of ftp that the stars align for. I suppose they could make the only way to get a requirement a pack fir $ only but they have no history of doing so. And hoarded crystals spend the same as purchased ones.

Though there will probably be less ftp unlocks since what is coming next is less obvious than the revan metas.

On the other hand there are fewer new characters that could be required for whatever it is. Releasing 5 new characters at once made the Revan requirements obvious, but not doing that restricts their ability to require things that people couldn’t have farmed/hoarded in advance.

Depends on what it ends up being. If it requires gr or seps, there will likely be a lot of ftp unlocks. But if it comes out of left field, there will be less. Probably less people gearing lobot just in case the next meta is jedi Luke.

Less, perhaps, but certainly not none. There’s no need to predict who to gear; you can just collect gear and then apply it when the requirements are known. Prediction is only really required for shards, which are character-specific and much more difficult to acquire on short notice. But any character that has been in the game for a long time will see many players that have already collected those shards.

I just hoard crystals rather than the gear. That allows me to be more flexible. I suppose hoarding both would work too but i do need to still gear some characters to keep the rewards coming in.
  • Guys, it's obvious that the Obi-Wan event would require: Anakin, R2, 3P0, Padmé and either GMY, Mace or P1 Sarge
  • Well since relics just came out I’m assuming that is going to be the paywall for the next epic. Typical CG move
  • SkylarSong wrote: »
    Guys, it's obvious that the Obi-Wan event would require: Anakin, R2, 3P0, Padmé and either GMY, Mace or P1 Sarge

Not really. There's no paywall there.
  • SkylarSong wrote: »
    Guys, it's obvious that the Obi-Wan event would require: Anakin, R2, 3P0, Padmé and either GMY, Mace or P1 Sarge

There was no paywall for Malak or Padme or 3po either.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    SkylarSong wrote: »

Malak, you needed two journey characters that were fairly recent. And all their requirements geared far more than for the respective events. It was a gear paywall for many and if you missed darth revan you were out of luck.

For both padme and 3PO, they were factions many had mostly ignored and required fairly high gear. And neither one was meta.

R2, 3PO are both needed for hstr so most have a good amount of gear on them. Anakin and padme are part of one of the best teams in the game so many have them geared already. Gmy was part of the revan meta. So almost everyone has him geared up. So that leaves mace and sergeant as your last two. A few gear levels on one or even two characters would be an extremely low paywall. Also note that the characters you list indicates a journey. We have never had a journey character without a panic farm.

Malak, you needed two journey characters that were fairly recent. And all their requirements geared far more than for the respective events. It was a gear paywall for many and if you missed darth revan you were out of luck.

For both padme and 3PO, they were factions many had mostly ignored and required fairly high gear. And neither one was meta.

R2, 3PO are both needed for hstr so most have a good amount of gear on them. Anakin and padme are part of one of the best teams in the game so many have them geared already. Gmy was part of the revan meta. So almost everyone has him geared up. So that leaves mace and sergeant as your last two. A few gear levels on one or even two characters would be an extremely low paywall. Also note that the characters you list indicates a journey. We have never had a journey character without a panic farm.

None of what you said changes the fact that none of the characters I listed were a paywall. The existence, or lack thereof, of a "paywall" is completely irrelevant.
  • The saber pictured and titled Obi-wan is his saber from ANH. His Ep2 saber is very very different. Google is your friend.
    StarSon wrote: »

None of what you said changes the fact that none of the characters I listed were a paywall. The existence, or lack thereof, of a "paywall" is completely irrelevant.

If they were to put out a legendary or journey toon super ftp friendly, you would get no complaints from me.

But it doesn't fit their business model and the whales woukd throw a fit that it wasn't exclusive enough. So at most, the req you describe would unlock a soft counter to malak but not the next meta.
  • Booooom wrote: »
    Never gonna happen since there are already 2 Kenobis ingame!
    What‘s next? 5 Hans? 5 Chewis?

They haven't released Carbonite Han yet. Let's go for 6! :)
  • I don't know where to post this and I don't care will it be moved.
    I am wandering am I only one who saw teaser in the latest video about relics.vaqibscanthd.png
    There is a picture of lightsaber and there says ,, Obi wan Kenobi'' and I was wandering is it Old Ben or a teaser for Obi wan Kenobi from episode III until there was a picture with Kylos lightsaber and uder it says Kylo Ren (Unmasked) so i think if relic on the picture is from old Bens relic there would write (Old Ben) . Your opinions?
  • Could be a teaser, could be an accidental leak, could be a typo. Who knows?
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    cv5n57waq50b.png

This is relic for GK it says general kenobi not obiwan kenobi

I dont have screenshot of old ben relic to check
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    6ht15wt8vw0g.png

Obi-Wan's lightsaber is different than Old Ben and GK's

not sure what if it says "Obi-Wan Kenobi" in game or not but the lightsabers are clearly different
  • So Obi-Wan confiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirmed ^^
  • I don't know where to post this and I don't care will it be moved.
    I am wandering am I only one who saw teaser in the latest video about relics.vaqibscanthd.png
    There is a picture of lightsaber and there says ,, Obi wan Kenobi'' and I was wandering is it Old Ben or a teaser for Obi wan Kenobi from episode III until there was a picture with Kylos lightsaber and uder it says Kylo Ren (Unmasked) so i think if relic on the picture is from old Bens relic there would write (Old Ben) . Your opinions?

Are you serious?