Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Sickarma wrote: »
    I am loving the idea of Relics and how matchmaking in GAC has improved, but how about mixing up the Fleet and Squad Arena rosters? There are pay to play people who have gotten over 5.3mgp in less than 2 years against 1000 people who are under 4mgp. Relics are only going to further the power discrepancy.

If not for those people this game would be closed. Cant complain if you dont contribute. This game is the only one I have played where after a year FTP might be able to compete. Most monetize that gap far quicker...
  • @CG_SBCrumb

Besides the blatantly obvious gigantic cash grab (relics) the new UI is horrible. And why do we have to lock pieces to keep the scavenger from using them? Why don't you just make it add the pieces you want to use instead of making us lock the ones we don't?

To touch on the UI issues..

* The new character screen appears to be scaled for someone playing on a much larger than a phone device. I like my old 6S, no compelling reasons to upgrade, and you guys had to go and squeeze all the relevant bits into tiny little boxes leaving the majority of the screen as dead space around the character. I have 0 desire to waste standalone computer money on an XS max and won't just to play the game.

* Abilities - no more buttons. No real clear delineation between the click space for each ability and the rest of the character screen. Dropping the size as much as they were shrunk means it's pretty hard to see things clearly and know where to stick your finger. The 2-D re-skin needs at bare minimum some contrasting lines around the elements to to make it clear which is for which. The old interface was really clean and useful, with much better relative sizing of all the elements.

* Mod management and loadouts. We got rid of the "Manage" button in favor of clicking right on the mods, which could be fine, except it defaults to selecting whatever tiny little mod icon you happened to touch (too small again) which hides the "Assign loadout" button, forcing you to look closely (need more contrast on the mod is selected lowlight), and then the assign loadout button reappears.

* Final TL;DR.. fix the UI, put contrasting lines or some other sort of delineation around the different clickable elements. I don't mind not having 3-D buttons in the name of gaining UI performance, but better contrast between elements or a simple box around around them that doesn't blend into the background, will make it usable again and not frustrating. **But** at least have a graphic designer actually look at them before release. Anyone with a graphic design vs "game graphic design" background would have been able to point out how incredibly bad the new UI is.

I honestly can't believe you guys pushed this out like this. Did it get pushed to beta for the new UI? How was the feedback if so?
  • Oh and while we're at it.. taking away the find button from shards and making you just have to click on the tiny rectangle with the current star level and toon portrait is horribly bad UI as well. Most especially on a smaller device.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    And why do we have to lock pieces to keep the scavenger from using them? Why don't you just make it add the pieces you want to use instead of making us lock the ones we don't?

You do select the pieces you want to use. Locking gear just prevents you from accidentally selecting gear you didn’t want to use.

I still expect it to take about 5 minutes for the first thread complaining about accidentally putting mk5 stun guns or the like into a relic.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    And why do we have to lock pieces to keep the scavenger from using them? Why don't you just make it add the pieces you want to use instead of making us lock the ones we don't?

You do select the pieces you want to use. Locking gear just prevents you from accidentally selecting gear you didn’t want to use.

I still expect it to take about 5 minutes for the first thread complaining about accidentally putting mk5 stun guns or the like into a relic.

That seems 4 minutes and 58 seconds high.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • But when is it happening? Sigh..
  • @DingoFnBaby can I get a tldr for ur tldr???
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

jeba40dp40wf.png

When will these be farmable

Stores.

I said FARM-ABLE. After 3 years I have a pretty good idea what is in the stores. It never changes.
    My point is you can farm everything for g13. But not for g8. That is just dumb.
  • Yeah this is the absolute worst. CG created another mega gear crunch. No one asked for this. Absolutely no one. Horrible horrible design. 🤦‍♂️
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

jeba40dp40wf.png

When will these be farmable

Stores.

I said FARM-ABLE. After 3 years I have a pretty good idea what is in the stores. It never changes.

Well then, never.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Fixed missing death voice for Bastilla Shan.
    Boy, no need to be so blunt about JKR no longer being meta
  • Greedy AF
  • Replacing cantina farmable characters with new product to sell undermines the whole "develop your roster" foundation. I feel really uneasy about the future of this game with this exponentially fast step to throw everything out of balance. Content is not the same as a sellable product. Im facing this as if this is a complete stop in the creative department. Also explains why you were so fast to jump to "another project". Best of luck.
  • So all of us ftp and dolphins can just quit now because mods mean almost nothing. Being smart about farming and gearing doesn't matter anymore either, its just a total cash grab. Worst update ever.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Davulous wrote: »
    I see no good reason to make relics dependent on reaching G13. This is just another smack in the face for FTP people who can barely get a single character to G13 yet, and leaving us feeling even more excluded. This is disgusting imo.

FTP have had plenty of time to get multiple toons to G13.

Obviously not. otherwise they wouldn't be complaining about it. I'm not f2p and I only have 4 g13 characters.
  • hahahahahahaha relics are so broken hahaha GG can have like over 150k base health hahaha My cls squad can one shot anything not wearing a relic now.. hahaha oh man, I'm dying with how broken these things are xD
  • I mean that moment when you kill a JKR squad before they even get a turn, even though its a JKR with speed mods with all +25 speed on each of them and a 32 speed arrow.
  • It feels like I have to farm every character completely over again. Yay, what fun. CG you sure know how to keep your players happy...happy to look for other games.
  • Remember when stick Rey could 1 shot anyone in the game? Mods 1.0...

Welcome to relics 1.0

I say we have a week of this chaos while the cash grab is ON then the devs will come out and say due to unforeseen bla bla bla were are making necessary balance adjustments to relics and nerf them
  • Remember when stick Rey could 1 shot anyone in the game? Mods 1.0...

Welcome to relics 1.0

I say we have a week of this chaos while the cash grab is ON then the devs will come out and say due to unforeseen bla bla bla were are making necessary balance adjustments to relics and nerf them

Either that, or them saying "BYE SUKKAS ENJOY RELICS!" As they make their final cash grab with the release of up-gradable six dot mods :D

I mean, if the balance is like this, what kind of PVE content are we expecting in the future? These Relics will make Geo TB redundant instantly.

Cause seriously, what kind of testing did they do to think that giving all offence based characters another 10k base offence was a good idea? I wanna do a P3 Traya with a Greedo with T7 Relic, and watch him one turn her in a handful of shots.

Oh well, time to continue laughing at how broken the game is atm :) Got squadmates who already have full seven relic squads out~
  • This is the end for me most likely. This is such a cost prohibitive update to the game. If they actually had NEW playable contact that earned us these relic pieces instead of putting it behind the most expensive part of the game to refresh I might be inclined to attempt it, but there is no point. The uber whales will spend, dominate and it will drive away anyone that wants to actually play for fun because they will never be able to win anything.
  • What's the point of mods with plus 100 offense or plus 150 offense those just got nerfed into oblivion with relics that add 10,000 offense. That makes the +800 offense mod set useless.

All this time farming mods wasted but people haven't even realized it yet.

All raids are now solo able
    Geo tb is now auto able
    All pve content is a joke now.

Good news is no more nerf this team it can solo xyz phase because all teams can solo all phases with relics so anakin sisters are safe!!!!
  • @CG_SBCrumb think it's time to implement squad arena and fleet arena shard weekly or monthly rotations? Adjust groups similar to how GAC goes. The pay-to-play people are really throwing their wallets at the relics. 35,308gp Darth Revan. 150k+gp Darth Revan teams are already popping up. The more end-game content output, the harder it is to compete with the uberwhales. I love the new relic system, but there is an imblance in the force.
  • Too soon for this. My group is turned off. Just looking for a good way to stop. This may be it. I don’t understand why they can screw this game up so bad. This is bad
  • This was the single dumbest thing that CG could have done. Wow.
  • WAMPA!!! He'll scratch your ba k....lol
This discussion has been closed.