It is scary how much these relics cost.

Prev13
I mean it took over a thousand pieces of equipment just get 1 relic to lvl 2. What is gonna happen once our stockpiles are exhausted?

Replies

• What scares me is the cost of Aurodium, Electrium, and Zindbiddle. Aurodium includes all high demand gear, Electrium G12, and Zindbiddle G12+. Not a great start to a new system.
  • $$$$$$

Aside from that, like all new gear levels, accessibility will improve over time, but only once they've squeezed enough $$$ out of the whales.

• I mean it took over a thousand pieces of equipment just get 1 relic to lvl 2. What is gonna happen once our stockpiles are exhausted?

Another gear crunch. It’s obvious the devs are running out of good ideas.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Then you'll have to exhaust your Credit Card
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    What scares me is the cost of Aurodium, Electrium, and Zindbiddle. Aurodium includes all high demand gear, Electrium G12, and Zindbiddle G12+. Not a great start to a new system.

Interested in seeing how CG plans on making g13 easier to achieve moving forward when you are out of gear to gear your toons
  • I mean it took over a thousand pieces of equipment just get 1 relic to lvl 2. What is gonna happen once our stockpiles are exhausted?

I used 700 Mk 1 Medpacs ... better than a thousand but still quite a lot
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    And it uses 0 of the gear we have 6000 of.
    Im actually pretty excited to ignore it.
  • What I don't get is why some gear doesn't show up in the available gear list. Example: Mk 4 stun guns.
  • Lol first thing I saw after logging in from the update was the cost of the packs haha
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    What I don't get is why some gear doesn't show up in the available gear list. Example: Mk 4 stun guns.
    Each scrap has its own requirement of gear that can be scrapped

See: Bronzium Wiring

That takes Mk 4 Stun Guns
  • What I don't get is why some gear doesn't show up in the available gear list. Example: Mk 4 stun guns.

Mk 4 stun guns are used to craft Bronzium Wiring. Each kind of scrap requires different gear.
  • 😂 so while we were asking for new content this is what they were working on 🤦‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What I don't get is why some gear doesn't show up in the available gear list. Example: Mk 4 stun guns.
    Each scrap has its own requirement of gear that can be scrapped

See: Bronzium Wiring

That takes Mk 4 Stun Guns

Mk 4 stun guns are used to craft Bronzium Wiring. Each kind of scrap requires different gear.

ah i see. thank you. lol this is crazy.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Interested to see how CG handles Trump once he finishes gutting the vap industry. If Baron plays this, it could be her next target
  • Interested to see how CG handles Trump once he finishes gutting the vap industry. If Baron plays this, it could be her next target

Baron can be a Kraken and lose nothing
  • You guys expected anything less??? Lol
  • I plan to use these 0%
  • I plan to use these 0%

Then expect to not be competitive. Relics will now dominate this game.
  • The devs said they were coming up with a way to ease the progression for new players and I think they've found it. I'm a long time player that doesn't want to quit but I'm done chasing the next best thing. I'd rather go help newer guilds beat the old raids. They'll have han, gk, and traya in no time. Then I'll move on to the next guild. CG isn't getting a dime out of me for relics.
  • SkylarSong wrote: »
    Interested to see how CG handles Trump once he finishes gutting the vap industry. If Baron plays this, it could be her next target

Baron can be a Kraken and lose nothing

I bet Baron has 44 lvl 7 relics why would Baron or any whale be against this huge pay to win update?

Not one whale has complained that they spent $462 and now are one shotting everything in the game.

The complaints are coming from the other 99% of players.
  • Relics will now dominate this game.

I just took my GMY up two Relic tiers, just because I was curious about both the process and how much better your toons would get.

After adding 2 relic tiers, the total bonuses are MUCH less than I get from my mods, and that's just for the stats that are actually increased. In addition my mods increase Speed, but the Relic tiers don't. My GMY had +2900 special damage, +3600 Health, and +94 speed from mods, the three most relevant stats for GMY. I can see the bonus I would get if I boosted him to RelicTier3 (even though I haven't given him that boost yet). At relic Tier3, I would get +6800 Health (so this is a better health bonus than the mods), but +1160 Special Damage and +ZERO speed.

So it's basically like removing his Offense set, giving him 2 Health Sets, but keeping primaries the same and wiping out all speed bonuses. That's for THREE relic tiers.

In other words, Relic tiers are not close to as good as a set of mods that is appropriate to the character. Yes, very, very top-tier Relics will dominate. Low-tier Relics will have an effect, but not close to the effect of a good mod set.

I just took my GMY up two Relic tiers, just because I was curious about both the process and how much better your toons would get.

After adding 2 relic tiers, the total bonuses are MUCH less than I get from my mods, and that's just for the stats that are actually increased. In addition my mods increase Speed, but the Relic tiers don't. My GMY had +2900 special damage, +3600 Health, and +94 speed from mods, the three most relevant stats for GMY. I can see the bonus I would get if I boosted him to RelicTier3 (even though I haven't given him that boost yet). At relic Tier3, I would get +6800 Health (so this is a better health bonus than the mods), but +1160 Special Damage and +ZERO speed.

So it's basically like removing his Offense set, giving him 2 Health Sets, but keeping primaries the same and wiping out all speed bonuses. That's for THREE relic tiers.

In other words, Relic tiers are not close to as good as a set of mods that is appropriate to the character. Yes, very, very top-tier Relics will dominate. Low-tier Relics will have an effect, but not close to the effect of a good mod set.

Tier 2 relic is like 2 dot gray mods, if you want a comparison. Tier 7 golden ones.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Relics will now dominate this game.

You do realize that the relic bonuses also boost mods right?

Relics actually break speed mods even more because relics give a significant damage boost but only minimal survivability boost to most characters. So at relic lvl 7 you end up 1 shotting almost everything and who wins is entirely dependent on speed.
  • Darth wrote: »
    Here’s a thought................Stop giving CG money!!!! Wow what a crazy solution!?!!! You don’t have to be #1 in Arena. Or even top 50. This is a FREE TO PLAY GAME....Have fun and STOP worrying about Arena

Fun is directly linked to doing well in various modes. Losing repeatedly isn't fun

Wow you took your Yoda's relic up a whole two levels and you didn't see an improvement!?! That's the point son, everyone can get those early 3-4 levels, it's the ones after that have the biggest increases and the ones you'll need to grind months for.
  • tbh: I'm super happy that I have exactly 1 G13 char (Han Solo) on my 2 accounts. thereby I don't need to bother with this relics too much.
  • @BaldingHead90
    Relic tiers are not close to as good as a set of mods that is appropriate to the character. Yes, very, very top-tier Relics will dominate. Low-tier Relics will have an effect, but not close to the effect of a good mod set.
    Wow you took your Yoda's relic up a whole two levels and you didn't see an improvement!?!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't read. Yes, I did see an improvement. I even gave you numbers on exactly how large the improvement is.
    everyone can get those early 3-4 levels, it's the ones after that have the biggest increases and the ones you'll need to grind months for.

And thus my message to people: Don't panic. The easily available tiers make a difference, but not even as much as a good mod set. The tiers that really make a difference, as you say, require extensive grinding. Thus no one needs to fear that Relic-enhanced toons are going to instantly dominate.
    That's the point son,

Thank you for your condescension, but the word you're looking for is "daughter". Women play this game too. But go ahead if you like being wrong, just keep assuming you already know everything and don't have to actually read what anyone else is saying. I'm sure it will work out just fine for you.
  • If you see a mountain you have to climb, it might look scary too, but you don't have to climb it in one day. This progression system seems to be meant to last, no wonder that seeing it all at once is scary.
  • @BaldingHead90
    Relic tiers are not close to as good as a set of mods that is appropriate to the character. Yes, very, very top-tier Relics will dominate. Low-tier Relics will have an effect, but not close to the effect of a good mod set.
    Wow you took your Yoda's relic up a whole two levels and you didn't see an improvement!?!

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't read. Yes, I did see an improvement. I even gave you numbers on exactly how large the improvement is.
    everyone can get those early 3-4 levels, it's the ones after that have the biggest increases and the ones you'll need to grind months for.

And thus my message to people: Don't panic. The easily available tiers make a difference, but not even as much as a good mod set. The tiers that really make a difference, as you say, require extensive grinding. Thus no one needs to fear that Relic-enhanced toons are going to instantly dominate.
    That's the point son,

Thank you for your condescension, but the word you're looking for is "daughter". Women play this game too. But go ahead if you like being wrong, just keep assuming you already know everything and don't have to actually read what anyone else is saying. I'm sure it will work out just fine for you.

You were trying to give a "calm down" vibe because you leveled Yoda to relic level 2 which is a piece of cake and nobody said it wasn't, and the difference wasn't big enough so you said don't panic. Perhaps you should wait until you had a better example before you rushed to defend the devs and this despicable gear crunch they added.

And sorry, but I have enough people in my shard with 3 relic 7 Revans, Malaks and Bastilas to make your poor argument crumble. They are only hard to get for f2p, people who are willing to drop thousand of dollars won't have the same experience, I can't wait for tomorrow when my payout time comes and I need to face one of these tripple 7s...