Nerf the relics before its too late

Prev1345
I just leave this picture here. I know you guys never listen, test or think ever before doing a release but this time please stop.

xcjw9oub6oxz.png

w4b5zu0osoja.png

b0adizmoe01x.png

g6mwnst1c35h.png

Replies

• It'll have an initial impact. Spenders will get there first, then everyone else will farm stuff up, then the game will reach a state of equilibrium again with relics as just another part of the game.
    Still not a he.
  • Yeah these stats are out of control
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It'll have an initial impact. Spenders will get there first, then everyone else will farm stuff up, then the game will reach a state of equilibrium again with relics as just another part of the game.

After everyone's crystal income plummets, ain't that the point? When will you stop defending them? :(
  • This update feels more like it's designed to prevent catch up.
  • Yup this is the clearest pay to win advantage this game has ever seen. Level 7 is off the charts.
    It'll have an initial impact. Spenders will get there first, then everyone else will farm stuff up, then the game will reach a state of equilibrium again with relics as just another part of the game.

It will be a very long while for everyone else to catch up. As far as I can tell getting a lvl 7 relic takes about as much gear as going from g1 to g13.

It will be a very long while for everyone else to catch up. As far as I can tell getting a lvl 7 relic takes about as much gear as going from g1 to g13.

So we got G26!!!

Just skip 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, straight to 26
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I like your positivity about it, but if this doesnt get nerfed the game will end before this equilibrium comes.
    I remember when Territory Battle was the death knell of the game. I remember when the Sith Raid was the death knell of the game. There have been a lot of death knells for this game, but it's still here.
    After everyone's crystal income plummets, ain't that the point? When will you stop defending them? :(
    That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

First of all, for most players crystal income cannot plummet from a change like this; most crystals come from sources other than arena until you're hitting the leader boards, which isn't most players. And until you get to the leaderboards, the dropoff from going down a bracket ain't huge, if they drop at all, and spending time to build back up and get back up ain't that big a deal.

For the F2Ps who are on the top, they'll stay on top the same way they always do; selective hoarding and spending. They already have the gear to buy the scrap. They'll spend crystals on cantina energy the next few days for signal data. They'll get their key arena units to high gear levels and stay on top.

This is not the end of the world, people.
    Still not a he.
    then the game will reach a state of equilibrium again with relics as just another part of the game.

giphy.gif

Yeah, and with how broken these things are, spenders can finally truly camp top spots in arena, forever. A f2p person will from now on, never be able to do anything pvp related in the game.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Lots of full level 7 relics on my arena shard and guild already.

Untouchable
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I like your positivity about it, but if this doesnt get nerfed the game will end before this equilibrium comes.
    I remember when Territory Battle was the death knell of the game. I remember when the Sith Raid was the death knell of the game. There have been a lot of death knells for this game, but it's still here.
    That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

First of all, for most players crystal income cannot plummet from a change like this; most crystals come from sources other than arena until you're hitting the leader boards, which isn't most players. And until you get to the leaderboards, the dropoff from going down a bracket ain't huge, if they drop at all, and spending time to build back up and get back up ain't that big a deal.

For the F2Ps who are on the top, they'll stay on top the same way they always do; selective hoarding and spending. They already have the gear to buy the scrap. They'll spend crystals on cantina energy the next few days for signal data. They'll get their key arena units to high gear levels and stay on top.

This is not the end of the world, people.

Except the timeframe has changed. Doing what they always do won't be enough.

Before you "could" hoard and be prudent to stay near the top. However, no matter how prudent a person might be, by the time they g13, lvl7 relic an entire squad to keep up that squad will no longer be as viable at the top.

This is designed to prevent catch up and be a spending arms race.
  • Oh no! It's the end of the world! Just kidding, relics rock.
  • It will be a very long while for everyone else to catch up. As far as I can tell getting a lvl 7 relic takes about as much gear as going from g1 to g13.
    Utilization matters.

No one past the earliest stages of the game has ever been stopped from gearing somebody because of the amount of gear. They have been stopped by the type of gear. My Finn has not been sitting at G9 since JTR came out because he needs 203 gear pieces to advance. He's been sitting at G9 for so long because he needs a stun gun and another carbanti.

The number of gear pieces needed is almost irrelevant; it's a parallel track that largely utilizes resources that we've been ignoring up until this point.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Lots of full level 7 relics on my arena shard and guild already.

Untouchable
    Have you / anyone in the shard faced them that never had an issue before? What did they say?
    Utilization matters.

No one past the earliest stages of the game has ever been stopped from gearing somebody because of the amount of gear. They have been stopped by the type of gear. My Finn has not been sitting at G9 since JTR came out because he needs 203 gear pieces to advance. He's been sitting at G9 for so long because he needs a stun gun and another carbanti.

The number of gear pieces needed is almost irrelevant; it's a parallel track that largely utilizes resources that we've been ignoring up until this point.

Except the amount of gear will matter very soon once people burn through their stock piles. Getting a lvl 2 relic took over 1000 gear. Once I burn through my stock piles it is gonna take a very very long time to gear any new relics up.
  • This Relic crap is straight up pure greediness on CG's part.

• Relics are basically another track to gear levels.

What they should've done is allow people to get into Relics well before gear 13.
  • My GG got over 150k Health and my Malak even 220k... Relic 7 :)
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Akenno wrote: »
    My GG got over 150k Health and my Malak even 220k... Relic 7 :)

How much $$ did you pay in total for both Lvl7 relics? just curious
  • Is this 7 dot mods all over again?
  • thedrjojo wrote: »
    Is this 7 dot mods all over again?

Please let not get started into Mods. You know what's coming, right? lol
  • It’s already too late. The whales were just handed a falcon 9 to escape to space while the devs just nuked everything else
  • Akenno wrote: »
    My GG got over 150k Health and my Malak even 220k... Relic 7 :)

How much $$ did you pay in total for both Lvl7 relics? just curious

Actually, regardless of what CG stated, it was possible to F2P your way to lvl 7 relics day one, if you've played long enough and hoarded for long enough, gaining them was actually quite easy. I've not done it myself but I could push my relics up on the G13 I do have extremely high, getting to a point that unless someone else did the same, they could not beat me. ever.

And the other thing, "catch up" its basically as accurate as the person above said.
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

So we got G26!!!

Just skip 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, straight to 26

That's honestly our Catch up mechanic xD After the intial burst, the amount of gear you need FOR ONE LEVEL is so high, that ONLY spenders will be able to keep up with the meta no matter how old your shard is or how old your account is.

We've taken years to collect the excess gear we have, and for relics its taking thousands of these saved up gears to get their levels.

A meta is not gonna wait years for people to "catch" up to it. Unless you spend now, when the next big meta shifts, you will never be able to do anything pvp related anywhere in the game.

So, Jedi Luke, then GG game.
  • Darth_Shadow
    77 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Also the double drops *only on normal nodes* is a **** slap to the face.

Really need to see drops become guaranteed